• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
yeah i thought also it could be something like a quickdraw. but it´s strage. thats the first time that happened to me ^^ and it looks kinda weird. cause the iceblock is there and then.. gone xD

e: maybe i´ll start a new topic about this if its going to be something we should discuss.

Stray Element

Smash Cadet
I had that ice block thing happen to me once before. I think there is like one frame or something where if you land while doing IB it will cancel it or something. Actually I'm going to go right now and see if I can replicate it :D Maybe it has a use.

smaci92

Smash Lord
anyone notice that people who play your IC's for the first time spam smashes, even though they're really good when you pick a "normal" character??? cause this happens to me all the time, and I wonder why they do this :S

Stray Element

Smash Cadet
Ya I've noticed the smash spamming to, I think its because they know that separating the IC is good for them, and lots of smash attacks are a simple way to do that. Either that or they are just scared of people wearing parkas.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Don't people spam a lot when they first play Brawl and a character? That's like Pit, Toon Link, and the ICs... of course.

I never spammed smashes when I first started using them in Brawl. Because I was so excited that their desynch is back, so I tried them and the only desynchs I knew how to do was shorthop Blizzards and desynched Ice Shots & Squalls...

And I used a lot of tilts back then and not a lot of their air moves.

smaci92

Smash Lord
Don't people spam a lot when they first play Brawl and a character? That's like Pit, Toon Link, and the ICs... of course.

I never spammed smashes when I first started using them in Brawl. Because I was so excited that their desynch is back, so I tried them and the only desynchs I knew how to do was shorthop Blizzards and desynched Ice Shots & Squalls...

And I used a lot of tilts back then and not a lot of their air moves.
I didn't say IC people smash alot...I said: the opponent spams smashes when they play IC's for the first time.

man, learn to read chibi lol jk =P

KingKirb

Smash Journeyman
Hey. I finally got the Fthrow to Fthrow CG down, and can successfully do it about 5 times in a row (still working on it a bit) and now I have some questions.

1. What are the ways to desynch?

1 and a half (Edit): Why Desynch?

2. What is the best (I.E. most commonly used/ easiest) way to desynch

3. After I get the Fthrow to Fthrow combo done, I put the CPU's percent at 0 and try to do the Dthrow to Nana Fair, but all she does is a Dtilt. Why?

4. What are some alternate ways to CG besides Fthrow to Fthrow, how do you set them up?

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
Any uses for the Dthrow chaingrab? Seems reliable once you get the timing down, yet I see no one using it.

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
Hey. I finally got the Fthrow to Fthrow CG down, and can successfully do it about 5 times in a row (still working on it a bit) and now I have some questions.

1. What are the ways to desynch?

1 and a half (Edit): Why Desynch?

2. What is the best (I.E. most commonly used/ easiest) way to desynch

3. After I get the Fthrow to Fthrow combo done, I put the CPU's percent at 0 and try to do the Dthrow to Nana Fair, but all she does is a Dtilt. Why?

4. What are some alternate ways to CG besides Fthrow to Fthrow, how do you set them up?
1 and a Half: Dysynching is used to confuse your opponent and to have Nana and Popo attack separately. It's like attacking with 2 character at the same time in a sense.

3. This may be because you're doing it too fast. Remember that Nana reacts 6 frames slower, and while you are down throwing, she may still be grabbing. Sometimes this happens when Nana is too far away from the initial grab, and she is trying to synch with you. Either way, it's all about getting used to the timing.

Any uses for the Dthrow chaingrab? Seems reliable once you get the timing down, yet I see no one using it.
It's reliable. I guess people prefer the other chaingrabs. I personally find other chaingrabs eaiser, because I have trouble buffering it, and Nana ends up grabbing right after I do the Down Throw. I use the Down Throw to Down Throw chaingrab on Lucas, Ness, and Rob.

If you mean the SoPo Down throw chain, it's because the other chaingrabs rack up more damage in the same amount of space. It does have it's uses against chatacters that don't bounce off the ground (Squirtle, Lucas) or who fall fast (All the spacies. Falcon, Sheik) I tend this to build damage easier, so I don't have to worry about messing up.

Anyone going to this? http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90

Stray Element

Smash Cadet
Barge I hate trying to CG Snake, for some reason I cant do it, even after spending almost an hour in practice mode wailing on a cpu I just cant get the timing down :\

Doesn't help that he can just hold onto a nade and stop a perfectly prepared CG :(

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Doing F Throw - D Throw prevents the throws from becoming stale. You should try mixing them up. =O

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I really hate snake, its like everytime you think you get the timing down it changes again.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
B-throwing Snake for me requires for me to hold down the control stick forward and then Z, the tming's just so different than the other characters. Other than that, I'm okay with f-throwing and d-throwing him, but b-throwing him is just so random. 0_o;

Stray Element

Smash Cadet
So I was brawling today, and I was doing the usual Alt throws when I noticed something. When I did the Bthrow to Nana Dthrow combo, I noticed that after doing the Dthrow, Nana would attempt to grab 3-4 times without me pressing anything, and I would have to wait an extra second or so before I could throw back to her.

Anyone else have this happen to them? And if so is there way to fix this? It only started happening today, so I think it might be controller problems, BUT if its not I'd like to know before I go out and spend $25 on a new GC controller.

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
So I was brawling today, and I was doing the usual Alt throws when I noticed something. When I did the Bthrow to Nana Dthrow combo, I noticed that after doing the Dthrow, Nana would attempt to grab 3-4 times without me pressing anything, and I would have to wait an extra second or so before I could throw back to her.

Anyone else have this happen to them? And if so is there way to fix this? It only started happening today, so I think it might be controller problems, BUT if its not I'd like to know before I go out and spend $25 on a new GC controller.
It happens to me but I'm not sure why.

It's the same thing when I do Down throw to Down throw.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Oh yeah, so at a tournament last week, I was playing an Olimar. IIRC, he grabbed Nana, I hit him with an fsmash or something, and for the rest of the stock, Nana would hover around Popo in a constant tumbling animation. Does anybody know what triggered this weird glitch?

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, so at a tournament last week, I was playing an Olimar. IIRC, he grabbed Nana, I hit him with an fsmash or something, and for the rest of the stock, Nana would hover around Popo in a constant tumbling animation. Does anybody know what triggered this weird glitch?
Sucked to be you. :D
But, wtf kind of glitch is that? O__O A vid would have been good.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
When you get hit hard, don't you fly far with the tumbling animation? Sometimes Popo or Nana might recover desynched from that animation when you airdodge, use an air move, or maybe accidentally tilt your control stick and so that.. either Popo or Nana will recover from the tumbling animation.

Edit...
Glitch? Is Nana like sticking onto Popo or something? ._.;

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
I'm having trouble desynching, so could someone link me to a good video on how to desynch or a good guide on how to? If so I'd appreciate it.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Anyone get the glitch where Nanas animations get completely over-exaggerated and laggy? They last twice as long and are twice as dark. (Dash animations, jump animations)

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Glitch? Is Nana like sticking onto Popo or something? ._.;

this happened to me last night. it resembles mewtwo's soul breaker glitch from melee, but nana can randomly make the opponent telport under the stage. this has already been addressed in an earlier topic. stay focused.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
ok...so i just realized my b-throw...SUCKS, i mean idk if its me not pressin z quick enough or if my timing with nana is just bad, i mean with my f-throw i can get about 5-6 grabs cosectuatlvley but thats about it, what am i doing wrong?

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
The higher the damage, the faster you have to grab out of a throw.
You're probably not focusing alot on it.

Top Bottom