• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
If you want an easier match, use D3 I guess. Considering you can just Infinite her to a F/Bthrow KO each time, it might be easier. But, D3 is big, so getting hit by many attacks is a pain.
While ICs can also inf. to get an easy kill, they are seperated easily and Nana is too easy to kill. Also, they are small, so it would be harder to survive at high percentages.
You choose.
OH DUH. I forgot D3 could infinite Samus.
Very well put, though.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
Next Question.

in terms of who has a better matchup who should i use against peach, Yoshi, Fox or my ICs?
who should i use against Pikachu(lol not fox)?
who should i use against ZSS(lol not fox)?
Marth?
MK?
and Snake?

and what stage should i use to counter each one?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
1. you could use your commas better
2. i go ICs, but hate it....
3. once again, ICs, but hate it....
4. ICs
5. ICs, but gay
6. ICs, but slightly less gay

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
1. you could use your commas better
2. i go ICs, but hate it....
3. once again, ICs, but hate it....
4. ICs
5. ICs, but gay
6. ICs, but slightly less gay
This. :teeth:
A lot of characters have guaranteed +40% combos on Fox due to his weight. I guess it's payback from Melee. This makes wanting to use Fox difficult when you have better options.

To my understanding, Yoshi is a really good MK counter. :confused: I'm not too familiar with the matchup, though.

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
Next Question.

in terms of who has a better matchup who should i use against peach, Yoshi, Fox or my ICs?
who should i use against Pikachu(lol not fox)?
who should i use against ZSS(lol not fox)?
Marth?
MK?
and Snake?

and what stage should i use to counter each one?
Vs. Pikachu, Yoshi's your best bet. Pikachu hard counters the Ice Climbers and Fox. Yoshi has a slight advantage/goes even with Pikachu.

Against ZZS, you should go Yoshi. Fox gets hard countered here. The Ice Climbers are at a slight disadvantage here. Yoshi has a slight advantage/goes even here.

For Marth, you can basically go whoever. Most characters are at a disadvantage in this matchup, and those 3 are no different. I know that Marth hard counters Yoshi, and that Marth has a advantage on the Ice Climbers.

Metaknight you should go Yoshi. Fox and the Ice Climbers have a really hard time against Metaknight. Yoshi goes even/slight disadvantage.

For Snake, you should go Fox. Snake hard counters the Ice Climbers, and counters Yoshi. And Fox goes even with Snake. That and I have personally seen Fox destroy Snake.

If the character is at a slight disadvantage, you could use them if you are more comforable.

EDIT: I forgot about Peach.

Peach goes even with Pikachu, so use Peach/Yoshi against Pikachu.

Marth counters/hard counters Peach, so I wouldn't advise using her in this matchup.

I don't know about ZZS vs Peach, but I think Peach is at a slight disadvantage.

Peach also loses badly to Metaknight.

Peach loses to Snake, due to inablity to kill efficiently until about 150.

lain

Smash Master
yeah i'd go ic's for all those, except for snake i'd pick use DDD lol. i guess for you i'd go.... ic's. ahhaa. even though it's unenjoyable.

MDMA

Smash Rookie
Hey, I picked up the IC's this evening, after watching some videos ;p anyways, IC's feel a little uncomfy, but I guess that's normal in the beginning?

I haven't played people yet, just been in training mode whole time. Anyone has tips for me? How did you guys learnd2play the IC's? Should I just try CG's etc? I can only do the dthrow -> Fair ..

Hope some1 has a few tips.

Also, desync must be really freaking hard, i'm able to desync, not on command, but after a few tries, but I can't seem to keep em desynced for longer than 1 or 2 attacks.

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
yup. it can be that ic´s are a little uncomfy in the beginning ^^

i recommend to play against people. and don´t think of the cg´s for new. at first u should learn to play the ic´s learn the basics etc.
i remember when i was starting to play with the ic´s ^^ i was loosing all the time lol
seriously. it takes rather time to be good with the ic´s and at first u should not try the cg´s imo.

smaci92

Smash Lord
i;m starting to get back into the ic's and i need to know what is the easiest way to desync
smash/dash desync, pivot a and pivot b desync, z roll desync, squall desync, dashdance desync, belay to the edge and get back up desync, trip desync (even though it happens randomly)...those are all the easy desyncs that I can blurt out at the top of my head right now lol

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
It's always awkward the first few times.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
yup. it can be that ic´s are a little uncomfy in the beginning ^^

i recommend to play against people. and don´t think of the cg´s for new. at first u should learn to play the ic´s learn the basics etc.
i remember when i was starting to play with the ic´s ^^ i was loosing all the time lol
seriously. it takes rather time to be good with the ic´s and at first u should not try the cg´s imo.
^^ Yup. Learn their moveset; damage rackers and killing moves. Then work on Desynches and CGs.

smaci92

Smash Lord
anyone have any tips (besides spacing) to deal with an opponent who plays extremely aggresively, uses smashes alot, and does an amazing job seperating the Ice Climbers???? also, he predicts my recovery well...like if I use squall, he'll have a fully charged fsmash ready to completely destroy it, and if I use belay, he bairs popo before popo can tether onto the ledge

and just to be more specific, he uses marth...

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
anyone have any tips (besides spacing) to deal with an opponent who plays extremely aggresively, uses smashes alot, and does an amazing job seperating the Ice Climbers???? also, he predicts my recovery well...like if I use squall, he'll have a fully charged fsmash ready to completely destroy it, and if I use belay, he bairs popo before popo can tether onto the ledge

and just to be more specific, he uses marth...
Marth's ledge game is amazing. I guess try to throw off his timing by using IBs off the edge.

As far as him being aggressive... it's a good thing! Retreating blizzards should be frustrating, because it's something that outranges Marth, and Marth isn't used to being outranged. He should eventually make a spacing error from trying to get through your blizzards, and you'll have an opportunity for a grab.

I play a Marth somewhat frequently and I'm starting to notice patterns. Watch for certain tendencies that the Marth has. For example, the Marth I play follows up almost every nair with a fsmash. Predicting this usually gives me enough time for a grab, with end up being a stock loss for him.

CGing Marth shouldn't be too hard. I use either bthrow>dthrow or just fthrows/dthrows to the edge for a spike.

I hope that helped...

smaci92

Smash Lord
thanks ITF! That helped...I'll try to get a vid up of me getting pwned by him, so that I can get some more help; although I play the guy online, and that doesn't make it any better :urg:

K 2

Smash Lord
What's the best way to stay desynced? I can desync really easily, but my climbers tend to resync after a few seconds. Also, how do you stay desynced when your opponent is playing super aggressive?

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
What's the best way to stay desynced? I can desync really easily, but my climbers tend to resync after a few seconds. Also, how do you stay desynced when your opponent is playing super aggressive?
Uh... a SH desynched Blizzard from either Nana or Popo since Blizzard lasts long quite a while.

smaci92

Smash Lord
well, it's kinda hard to tell you how to stay desynced...it's something that I've just learned how to do with a lot of time spent in training mode...

and for aggressive people, I usually just stay synced most of the time. When I desync with aggressive opponents, I usually run away, and start with desynced Ice blocks until they approach...then, I start using shothop desynced blizzards and desynced aerials if they jump in the air...

TheStig

Smash Lord
where can i find good threads that explain desync techniques?

what is a good way to finish opponents off at high percent? every time i try to charge upsmash with the c-stick and z i end up jabbing

Barge

All I want is a custom title
where can i find good threads that explain desync techniques?

what is a good way to finish opponents off at high percent? every time i try to charge upsmash with the c-stick and z i end up jabbing
you press z like a millisecond after you press up with the cstick to charge.

Stage spike works at around 80%.
Uh... thats pretty much it

T3h Albino

Smash Master
it seems when i do an alt grab and nana grabs my enemy when i try to input a direction to throw my opponent *mostly bthrow* popo moves and nana doesnt throw the person. This messes up my whole chain grab game. halp?

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
it seems when i do an alt grab and nana grabs my enemy when i try to input a direction to throw my opponent *mostly bthrow* popo moves and nana doesnt throw the person. This messes up my whole chain grab game. halp?
Depending on how hard you're pushing on the control stick dictates what happens. You can move Popo and not make Nana throw if you press lightly on the control stick.

Are you trying to do alt. bthrows here?

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Depending on how hard you're pushing on the control stick dictates what happens. You can move Popo and not make Nana throw if you press lightly on the control stick.

Are you trying to do alt. bthrows here?
yeah im trying to do alt bthrows
and i get one in but i try to press the control stick to throw and popo just moves and nana doesnt throw

Hype

Smash Lord
I'm not very consistant when I charge an Usmash while the other climber is holding my opponent, sometimes I end up Uthrowing. Is there a certain button/timing I should be using.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
I'm not very consistant when I charge an Usmash while the other climber is holding my opponent, sometimes I end up Uthrowing. Is there a certain button/timing I should be using.
Use Cstick and Z to start/charge smashes, then start a throw (optional) so the opponent can't escape.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
Use Cstick and Z to start/charge smashes, then start a throw (optional) so the opponent can't escape.
This.
Just be careful of when you do the uthrow because you won't be able to smash them up at a certain point in the throw. They'll get damage but no knockback, which is the whole reason for doing the smash in the first place.

Hype

Smash Lord
Thanks ^

I have another question. While messing around with Ice climbers I just stumbled upon that you can do an infinite edgehog by alternating who holds the edge. Press B when Popo is on the ledge and shield when nana is on the ledge. Is this known?

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
I kind of don't get the infinite part... but is it something where Popo does a ledge attack and Nana rolls back to the stage? If that's what you mean..

Hype said:
I have another question. While messing around with Ice climbers I just stumbled upon that you can do an infinite edgehog by alternating who holds the edge. Press B when Popo is on the ledge and shield when nana is on the ledge. Is this known?
"infinite edgehog" = It's striked, so I don't get it. :'(
"Press B when Popo is on the ledge" = Popo does a ledge attack and goes back to the stage.
"shield when nana is on the ledge" = If you mean shield, then you press L or R, so Nana rolls back to the stage. But if you meant shield when Nana is on the ledge, then that's just.. plain weird.

Are you kind of getting mixed up with ledge or edge? xD

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
he's talking about using their masses/delays to push the other off the ledge so they keep regrabbing. i'm not sure about the sheilding (haven;t tried it yet) but i do know that if you press b while popo is hanging and nana is on the stage she will slide back, launch the ice block, fall off the side, and then grab the ledge.

Top Bottom