• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

Hype

Smash Lord
when I said infinite, I meant you can have infinite invincabiltity frames from the ledge by alternating who is holding on the the ledge (or at least very small gaps when your not invincable, I haven't tested it).

let me clarify what I meant. When one climber is hanging on the ledge and when one is on the stage...

When just Popo is hanging on the ledge, press B. Popo does a ledge attack and Nana slides onto the ledge.
When just nana is hanging on the ledge, press L or R. Nana will do the get-up-roll animation, giving Popo time to grab the ledge.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
when I said infinite, I meant you can have infinite invincabiltity frames from the ledge by alternating who is holding on the the ledge (or at least very small gaps when your not invincable, I haven't tested it).

let me clarify what I meant. When one climber is hanging on the ledge and when one is on the stage...

When just Popo is hanging on the ledge, press B. Popo does a ledge attack and Nana slides onto the ledge.
When just nana is hanging on the ledge, press L or R. Nana will do the get-up-roll animation, giving Popo time to grab the ledge.
This sounds useful. I'll have to try this.
Thanks.

K 2

Smash Lord
Wait, how do you only get one climber to grab the edge? I always seem to get two climbers on the edge.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Wait, how do you only get one climber to grab the edge? I always seem to get two climbers on the edge.
Do a Belay to the ledge, and quickly just tap A to attack or press R or L to roll.

Result? Popo will roll or attack while Nana's still on the ledge. It's something about Nana's Belay between the invincibility frames maybe...

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
Do a pivot desync and have Popo charge a fsmash (probably the easiest way to do a pivot desync in the first place). Then just run off the edge with Nana.

I'm having some trouble with this. When I do a getup attack with Popo, Nana doesn't grab the edge. She just stands there...?

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Do a Belay to the ledge, and quickly just tap A to attack or press R or L to roll.

Result? Popo will roll or attack while Nana's still on the ledge. It's something about Nana's Belay between the invincibility frames maybe...
I notice it looks like Nana is still pulling Popo up. o_o

smaci92

Smash Lord
easy. :) you can just do a dash/smash desync close to the edge, and tap the control stick to make nana edgehog. OR, you can do a dash-dance desync in front of the edge. OR, you can do a pivot in front of the edge (but this has to be practically frame perfect to work). OR, you can do what chibi said: belay to the edge, and make popo go back up...

my favorite of the ones I listed are the dash/smash one, and the belay one...

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
[Question for YOU]
Is there any other way to recover with a solo ice climber?

Yes, it's a question for YOU guys. I already know an easier and helpful way to recover with the ICs besides Squall, or at least get them back to the stage. I'm just making sure if it's already known, so instead of making a thread about it, I'll just ask you guys if you know another way to make SoPo go back to the stage easily.

I'm pretty sure smaci knows it.. but I haven't seen him do it. :/

smaci92

Smash Lord
um solo belay? lol I'm guessing I'm wrong...
The only three recovery options I know about are:
1) Squall back to the stage
2) Fall down and do a solo belay
3) Just get back on to the stage...

so make a thread if it's none of these 3...but beware of flaming :p

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
One way like to make one climber go to the ledge is to use Side B. When they do their last swing, I move them slightly so that one climber falls off (It's kind of hard/situational though.)

The double edeghog is very useful against some opponents. I've done it to the spacies, Zelda, and Ike a few times.

[Question for YOU]
Is there any other way to recover with a solo ice climber?

Yes, it's a question for YOU guys. I already know an easier and helpful way to recover with the ICs besides Squall, or at least get them back to the stage. I'm just making sure if it's already known, so instead of making a thread about it, I'll just ask you guys if you know another way to make SoPo go back to the stage easily.
Footstool your opponent? I've gotten away with that a few times :laugh:.

You're better off making the thread if you know ;).

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Foostool is another good one... but I'm looking for another answer. So I'll just tell you, and I don't want to make a thread about it because some people might know it already. xD

Well, does anyone know when Toon Link floats/hovers with his d-air horizontally? Like a d-air stall on the air that kind of looks glitchy? Well, the ICs have a similar thing though, except it doesn't look glitchy nor it goes all the way straight horizontally. So when you get hit far, jump and use d-air immediately, the ICs will hover/float/whatever instead of doing "stall-then-fall." And it IS useful for a solo climber.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
I don't have a vid... ;-; I would do it and then make it as a replay to send smaci but we're kind of focusing on another thing so he can upload the clips and stuff, and sending him more replays can take can a lot of work...

Just try it; get hit by a strong attack (don't get KO'd) and jump and immediately use d-air. It'll hover you enough back to the stage so you don't get edgehogged or anything.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Floating dairs and slowed down dairs are excellent mind games and brain ****.

smaci92

Smash Lord
Foostool is another good one... but I'm looking for another answer. So I'll just tell you, and I don't want to make a thread about it because some people might know it already. xD

Well, does anyone know when Toon Link floats/hovers with his d-air horizontally? Like a d-air stall on the air that kind of looks glitchy? Well, the ICs have a similar thing though, except it doesn't look glitchy nor it goes all the way straight horizontally. So when you get hit far, jump and use d-air immediately, the ICs will hover/float/whatever instead of doing "stall-then-fall." And it IS useful for a solo climber.
chibi strikes again :bee: lulz...It sounds so useful...

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Barge knows it.
Well, I only wanted to point this out to the people who don't know. It's really useful for a solo climber. :)

SoPo gets hit far -> floating d-air -> solo Squall.

Barge

Lol, ice climbers **** in stamina mode, you can do the dthrow to fair CG without worrying about tech, since theres no increased knockback.

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace

I knew this for a while, but it's a really good point. I completely forgot about it because I always ended up floating the wrong way :laugh:. I only use it for when I get launched straight up. I guess I just have to work on it.

This brings up a question though. Say you're trying to regain momentum to get your jump back earlier by using an aerial. Which aerial finishes quickest: B-Air or Up-Air? I know both of these can be done in a short hop without landing lag, but I can't test right now which one finishes quicker.

It might be possible to combine this DI with the "stall then fall" floaty thing.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Ignore my "main character" icon. It's just to scare off the snakes.
So smart <3 Best idea, let's all change our main character icon for a day to scare off everyone so people think that all the ICs mainers now switched to MK <3

And love your sig K2 <3

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
How exactly do I bthrow hobble? :urg:
Hobble is torture. x.x

Uh... first, grab with Popo, then press the jump button repeatedly to make Nana jump, and finally do a b-throw with Popo. The timing is easy on most of the characters, while you need some like Meta Knight. .__. But I think f-throw hobbling works well on light weight characters.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Hobble is torture. x.x

Uh... first, grab with Popo, then press the jump button repeatedly to make Nana jump, and finally do a b-throw with Popo. The timing is easy on most of the characters, while you need some like Meta Knight. .__. But I think f-throw hobbling works well on light weight characters.
i've started practicing this for combo-ing purposes. its working pretty well so far.

Barge

Do it frozen, maybe when you do it we'll get more people.

Anyways, I have a serious question: Do ice climbers have any wall infinites?

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Ice block lock can be SDIed out of.
I don't get how you can get out of a lock when you're getting locked by walls. ._. Is that same thing for Laser Lock too? Oh and unless the ICs are near the opponent by doing Ice Block lock he/she can freeze by the ice and be free.

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
They can Down-Tilt lock characters against the wall (Up to about 40 on lighter characters, up to about 65 on heavies.) This can be done with synched Climbers, or SoPo. It's insanely hard to set up though, as you are open to attack if you miss the initial Down-Tilt.

Or you can just do repeated Down-Throws against the wall. On fast fallers/heavies, you can do this to 70+. This is useless when both Climbers are present (who needs the wall when you can infinite them anywhere? :chuckle:) But this is very useful with SoPo to help rack damage.

Off course, you could just Ice Block Lock them towards the wall if they somehow fail to miss the tech and DI/DI the wrong way.

Top Bottom