• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Im pretty sure stale-ness only applies to how much a move does %-wise. Even so, you should get enough Fthrows that you are at the edge to get a d/fthrow to Nana meteor. :D

lain

Smash Master
Actually staling applies to knockback as well.

Dthrow meteor spike can be unreliable nowadays. Makes me sad :[

lain

Smash Master
There's no real good way to come back. Too predictable, and too short of recoveries to be useful. Against a smart opponent expect to get ***** after losing nana and off the edge.

lol you gaiz... srsly..

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
You actually go to group memberships in the Use CP. Or; Go to debate hall and one of the stickies tell you how to join.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Lulz, I finally got the bthrow to bthrow grab done. But I can only really do it consistently on pit. Any tips for doing it on other characters?

Bthrow to bthrow to bthrow to bthrow pivot grab to repeat.

smaci92

Smash Lord
Smmaci, can you brawl now? o.o/
no I can't lol...tomorrow???

Lulz, I finally got the bthrow to bthrow grab done. But I can only really do it consistently on pit. Any tips for doing it on other characters?

Bthrow to bthrow to bthrow to bthrow pivot grab to repeat.
for lighter characters like pikachu, you press z and back at almost the exact same time....press z a tiny bit after you push back. when nana grabs, lightly tap the control stick back (just enough to turn popo around) and grab...

if you can do it on pit, you should be able to do it on all medium characters like marth...

for heavier characters, same steps...EXCEPT: the first grab, you have to push the the z button like 0.5seconds later...

Barge

I guess I just need to practice my bthrows more. I hate having to change my timing for each different character.
Anyways, I don't know why people say cg's are insanely hard. I pretty much figured out the bthrow to bthrow cg on my own in training mode in like 20 minutes.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
I guess the application on humans make it hard because you have to be quick or they'll break out.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
I guess I just need to practice my bthrows more. I hate having to change my timing for each different character.
Anyways, I don't know why people say cg's are insanely hard. I pretty much figured out the bthrow to bthrow cg on my own in training mode in like 20 minutes.
...? They are hard, especially for the people who starts maining the ICs.
If you meant the IC mainers for learning it, then it isn't that hard since we already learned all the basic ones. :p

So, if you learned most of the basic ones, you'd pretty much learn all the other advance CGs.

Barge

...? They are hard, especially for the people who starts maining the ICs.
If you meant the IC mainers for learning it, then it isn't that hard since we already learned all the basic ones. :p

So, if you learned most of the basic ones, you'd pretty much learn all the other advance CGs.
You can pretty much learn it in 10 minutes by watching the youtube video and practicing in training mode for 5 minutes
People who say its REALLY REALLY hard either haven't even attempted it, or tried once and gave up.

smaci92

Smash Lord
You can pretty much learn it in 10 minutes by watching the youtube video and practicing in training mode for 5 minutes
People who say its REALLY REALLY hard either haven't even attempted it, or tried once and gave up.
ya it isn't hard at all to learn. it's just that when people first start using IC's, it's really weird for them to get use to controlling two people at the same time...so then they just give up and never try again. I tried many times to learn IC's, but just kept giving up...but now I forced myself, since I like playing unique characters that can be cheap as hell after you get over the huge learning curve...:bee:

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I had a hard time Bthorwing everyone expect ROB until Lain showed me how to Bthrow easier

P.S. I got Melee! YES!! but no memory card -.-

K 2

Smash Lord
What's the best CG for middle weights? Bthrow to dthrow doesn't seem to work as well against middle weights and fthrow is kind of difficult to CG medium weights.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
What I do is Dthrow to Bthrow or if I want to NT spike them, than I do a Dthrow to Fthrow. The timing is really not that hard and it's ok. I don't know if it's "the best" since sometimes people do different variations of CGs because some people find other CGs easier than others. So it's really whatever works for you, what you feel is easy and easy to consistently do.

smaci92

Smash Lord
hmmm...the timing should'nt be hard for middle weights...you just push the z button a tiny bit later then you would on lightweights...but whatever. My favorite one on medium and lights is bthrow to bthrow, or bthrow to pivot bthrow, or bthrow to dthrow, or bthrow to fthrow, or dthrow to nana bthrow to popo. lol I have to many favorites...=P

magikguy

Smash Lord
uhmmm as the damage goes higher am i suppose to speed up the grab (f-throw chaingrab) ? i really don't understand i can get dk easily from 0-48 dmg then i just cant grab him anymore.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Yes, you are, because they fly faster out of the throws when at higher %s, so speed up your grabbing. =P

K 2

Smash Lord
ohhhhhhhhh crap, that's while I never get consistantly past 50%! Dang, I'm stupid. -.-

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
I think the problem why you can't CG over 50% is because probably you're press Z a bit late... a bit early's good so now you can CG over 50%.

magikguy

Smash Lord
Yes, you are, because they fly faster out of the throws when at higher %s, so speed up your grabbing. =P
alright thanks. How about the back chain throw when is the right moment to press Z i heard its as soon as you press back on the analog stick . So i want to make sure >_>

Barge

alright thanks. How about the back chain throw when is the right moment to press Z i heard its as soon as you press back on the analog stick . So i want to make sure >_>
Depends on the weight of the character.
Heavy = a little after you throw.
Light = almost exactly as you throw
medium = like a millisecond after you throw

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Depends on the weight of the character.
Heavy = a little after you throw.
Light = almost exactly as you throw
medium = like a millisecond after you throw
Barge beat me to it, but this is what you do. I find bthrows best on lightweights because all you do is press Z fast, no special timing needed.

Top Bottom