• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
F-throw = 8% each throw.
D-throw = 6% each throw.
B-throw = 6% each throw.

IMO even if b-throw does 6%, mixing up grabs from b-throw to an f-throw in a fast way is really useful because it'll do 8% and 6% each time fast. Alternate b-throws are also useful because once you pull it off, the altgrab turns out fast and your opponent will immediately get high damage. B-throw to a d-throw is okay though, useful for the characters that are hard to CG such as Meta Knight, but the altgrab seems... slow if used on other characters in my opinion.

Reapd

Smash Apprentice
Guys......................... I'm going through a mid-game crisis................ I can't find a main............... Any help???:(:(:(

K 2

Smash Lord
*looks at the metaknight icon*

Have you tried metaknight?

If your asking the IC boards, I would assume the general answer to be: The Ice Climbers.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Question
When is it a good time to start incorperating SMashes done by nana while you are holding the opponent before continuing the chain grabbing to rack up damage without risking them breaking free? Could you give me a percent?

K 2

Smash Lord
When you do the haha I'm throwing you into Popo's/Nana's fully charged smash thing, is it better to throw them into Popo's smash or Nana's? The damage guide has Popo dealing slightly more damage, and I was wondering if he had more knockback on his moves.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
When you do the haha I'm throwing you into Popo's/Nana's fully charged smash thing, is it better to throw them into Popo's smash or Nana's? The damage guide has Popo dealing slightly more damage, and I was wondering if he had more knockback on his moves.
i think nana has more knockback, but deals less damage....

smaci92

Smash Lord
I will be working on an In depth statistics of attack, and it will include knockback info...so be ready!

i think nana has more knockback, but deals less damage....
I disagree lol...sorry...I'm pretty sure Popo's has more knockback. but we'll see once I get the knockback data finished ;)

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
I will be working on an In depth statistics of attack, and it will include knockback info...so be ready!

I disagree lol...sorry...I'm pretty sure Popo's has more knockback. but we'll see once I get the knockback data finished ;)
i'm not a 100% on any of that. i just know that by the time nana hits they fly farther (but that could just be the damage on them).

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Popo does more damage and his attacks does great knockback than Nana's.

Fully charged f-smash
Popo: 18%
Nana: 14%

You see that...? 0.o Nana's damage is reduced, except that Ice Shot for both of the climbers do the same damage, but other moves deals differently.

smaci92

Smash Lord
i'm not a 100% on any of that. i just know that by the time nana hits they fly farther (but that could just be the damage on them).
ya I'm not 100% sure about my prediction either...but we'll see after I determine knockback data...:) chibi seems pretty sure though lol right chibi? =P

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I never tested anything, but I'm confident that Chibi is correct. I've consistently been able to KO out of CGs with Popo's usmash at lower percentages than with Nana's usmash.

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
Popo's smashes are stronger and have more knockback. It seems that Nana's smashes have a lot of knockback when she connects right after Popo's.

smaci92

Smash Lord
Ok...I've calculated the knockback. If you don't understand what these numbers mean, you don't need to...the number that is higher has the greater knockback.

Popo's fully charged fsmash:

Knockback at 0%: 1882.6
Knockback Growth Rate: 50.487

Nana's fully charged fsmash:
Knockback at 0%: 1681.6
Knockback Growth Rate: 44.883

Therefore, Popo wins! :bee:

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Ok...I've calculated the knockback. If you don't understand what these numbers mean, you don't need to...the number that is higher has the greater knockback.

Popo's fully charged fsmash:

Knockback at 0%: 1882.6
Knockback Growth Rate: 50.487

Nana's fully charged fsmash:
Knockback at 0%: 1681.6
Knockback Growth Rate: 44.883

Therefore, Popo wins! :bee:
but nana can spike.....

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
what? I know nana's f-air can spike...not her f-smash though right? cause I was talking about f-smash knockback...not f-air knockback. I'm confused lol...
of the two characters nana can spike, thats all. i thought you were saying ALL of popo's attacks had higher knockback.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
I've been wondering this question mostly because I blame it for my strange Downthrow and forward throw chain mess ups but does the grabbing command from Nana come out after a 6 frame delay like how she does when you normally do any attack? It makes me wonder if the timing for Popo is a little later than Nana's timing when regrabbing if this delay does exist.

Snare

Smash Lord
sopo foreva, anyways i was wondering why peeps dont add smashes in between grabs

ex. grab->nana f-smash->throw->pop f-smash etc.

besides the obvious staling of the smash your using, wouldnt it be an easier way to rack up damage (easier not faster)?

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
^ F-throw -> f-smash -> F-throw -> f-sma--- What the heck!? Well, the 2nd f-smash after the 2nd f-throw, it breaks the grab, which I don't really know... and I wonder why it does that.

Also, sometimes doing a d-smash as a grab smash won't work because the 2nd hit of the d-smash will release the opponent. But if you keep doing several f-throws and then d-smash, the 2nd hit of the d-smash won't hit since Nana's a bit far away from Popo's grab after doing those f-throws. So d-smash might be good and u-smash.

BUT.... and once again, but... doing this at mid percentages has a chance that your opponent will escape easier from the grab, and once the opponent has high damage, you don't need grab smashes, just KO, if you still want to do grab smashes at high percentages, it's up to you. ;D And so, sometimes grab smashes are useless at mid percentages against good players because they'll escape it fast.

K 2

Smash Lord
When trying to break out of the IC's chaingrab, is it better to mash random buttons and pray or is it better to mash certain buttons (jump? maybe others) so that you don't accidentally do a bad move? I think the answers the second one, but I'm not sure which buttons to mash.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
When trying to break out of the IC's chaingrab, is it better to mash random buttons and pray or is it better to mash certain buttons (jump? maybe others) so that you don't accidentally do a bad move? I think the answers the second one, but I'm not sure which buttons to mash.
i jsut mash. when i do manage to get out it just happens to put me in a position to attack or escape. usually with link i'll escape -> pullout a bomb -> hit them as they try to dash grab

Snare

Smash Lord
^ F-throw -> f-smash -> F-throw -> f-sma--- What the heck!? Well, the 2nd f-smash after the 2nd f-throw, it breaks the grab, which I don't really know... and I wonder why it does that.

Also, sometimes doing a d-smash as a grab smash won't work because the 2nd hit of the d-smash will release the opponent. But if you keep doing several f-throws and then d-smash, the 2nd hit of the d-smash won't hit since Nana's a bit far away from Popo's grab after doing those f-throws. So d-smash might be good and u-smash.

BUT.... and once again, but... doing this at mid percentages has a chance that your opponent will escape easier from the grab, and once the opponent has high damage, you don't need grab smashes, just KO, if you still want to do grab smashes at high percentages, it's up to you. ;D And so, sometimes grab smashes are useless at mid percentages against good players because they'll escape it fast.
hm good point ><, oh well ill just stick to the babe ruth taunt before the kill :p

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Snare- Lol exacly what I thought about posting in this thread , taunt before smashing and the opponent will be easier to KO and not mash out of the grab XD (which taunt is fastest btw?)

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
What are some tips on versing a fairly good Pokemon Trainer? I seemed to have much trouble approaching attacking Charzard because of his range and Hit Box sizes and squirtle because of how well he can manuever in the air. What bothers me the most is approaching them and knowing what moves overprioritize what in the air. Charzards keep fire breathing me and landing rock smashes on my while squirtles can combo me to death once they land the first hit...

K 2

Smash Lord
You don't always have to approach. You can force your opponent to approach (desync'd ice blocks) which my put them at a disadvantage. Desyncing and using iceblocks in conjuction with blizzard or squall may work if you are forced to approach.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Charzard's rock smash outprioritizes it if they do an early one when seeing me approaching (since the rock itself becomes the hitbox) and squirtle just bounces around and attacks me when I finish approaching.... I kind of need tips on how to rack damage on them without getting hit by any combos of theirs. They desync me relatively easily for some reason...

K 2

Smash Lord
Why are you forced to approach then? You have an annoying ground hugging projectile. For Zard, just dash at him and roll to the other side when he uses Rock Smash. I'm sure you could also bait him to use RS and then punish the lag afterward. Squall and Blizzard both do like 30%+ damage each, so use those to rack up damage (in addition to CG's). Use fthrow on Zard...its soooo easy. Squirtle's really hard to deal with in general because of his small size and great aerial manueverabilty. If you get punished everytime you approach, then force your opponent to approach you. If they approachj you, just shield grab them and do what the IC's so best. Bthrow -> dthrow works well on squirtle.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Heres a rhetorical question.

How come ice climbers get screwed over and have twice the chance to trip then other characters ]:

K 2

Smash Lord
...lol...

What throw should I use to CG fox? I have a 1 v 1 with fox on wednesday (I'm thinking about using MK or G&W, but I actually want to test out my IC's). I can do most CG's up to 40% or so.

K 2

Smash Lord
Ok thanks. I need to work on my dthrow chain. I find that to be the hardest. Dthrow to fair is so absurdly easy. End it with a squall or IBL and you can go from 0-70% in 5 seconds.

Top Bottom