• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social General Ice Climber Chat

Vts

Smash Champion
guess so, hope everyone enjoy'd the holidays, apex is coming up and i want a huge picture of all the IC mains going!

peef despite me not getting along with you i still want a picture of us together :)

Binx

Smash Master
all of them are pretty easy, its just like combos with other characters.

Useful ones to learn at dthrow dair, reverse dthrow dair, handoff, and wobbles.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Less useful than what Binx said but still noteworthy:
Uthrow > Dash Attack (Fastfallers, low/mid percents)
Charged Smash > Dthrow (They will DI in to avoid being KO'd by fsmash, gets you a free grab + fsmash damage)
Dthrow > Utilt (infinite in earlier versions of the game, useful if Wobbling is banned)
Fthrow > Blizzard Freese (trollololol)

Binx

Smash Master
for the dthrow charge smash you have to throw before charging the smash and release before they hit the ground and regrab, it's pretty good vs fox and falco. DI away escapes the grab I want to say, but it's bad vs the smash so the dthrow must be a surprise I believe.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Well what you want to do is:

1. Start charging the Forward Smash.
2. Down Throw.
3. Watch their DI
a) If they DI towards you, re-grab and release the Smash.
b) If they DI away from you, release the Smash.

The only counter is literally breaking out of the grab before the Smash starts charging, every other situation is in ICs' favour.

SamusPoop

Banned via Warnings
Just an idea as Ics but what if vs falcon you rolled backwards(mix-up wavedash back oos) buffered up-tilt as nana and light sheilded as popo so if falcon attacks he'll get beat out letting You start up some possible de-synce chain. Just an idea because yp-tilt does last long enough.

:phone:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
interesting but if i rolled i would rather blizzard with nana since it has similar startup and i think the defensive hitboxes of blizz are too good

and if falcon gets caught by blizz, popo doesnt have to shield

it seems like it'd only hit falcon if he like, read your roll a little bit late and tried to rush your shield

but that's so risky

PEEF!

Smash Hero
PP does that all the time with Roll>reverse utilt to catch falcons trying to catch the roll on reaction but being a bit slow. The utilt lightshield thing could work.

SamusPoop

Banned via Warnings
Could double wall maybe up-tilt/down-B last long could easily mash B/A right as one is ending and if You think they might come in wavedash back pull nana back with you, but a quick ice block timed just so during down-B to keep up the de-synce would likly cover the front twice just up-tilt could be used same thing but more predictiion of coming from above because they think You'll ice block and sh ice block isn't as solid of a wall above as up-tilt it's just well rounded.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Peef, both pools is not guaranteed wins, it's gonna be tough. T-Webb beat Azen before btw.. Copycat is a decent Sheik too. Ciz is really good also. Silentswag got 9th at RoM 4. See? =P

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Where is your confidence Kage? Is your mind of a warrior is now the mind of a worrier?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
It's not about confidence but looking at things for what they are, i've always been like that. Doesn't mean I don't think I'll kick everyone's *** regardless. lol.

Vts

Smash Champion
Always go in with mindset of winning but also go in with the mindset of being careful and unsure so you don't get caught off guard, my pool can go either me owning or getting owned.

Will be good pool

Divinokage

Smash Legend
For a better example, I would think: "Ok, this is what I know about this guy and so I will try to counter his plans against me." With the obvious mindset of I'm going to crush them at the same time.

PB&J

Smash Hero
Vts -most players in the community can swear up and down they know how to fight icys,but i think they have a general idea like the rules of fighting icys,but just because yiou know the rules to something doesnt make you a pro @ it . Said all that for you can practice all your icy tricks,get your basics on point and you will be fine,its still going to be tough but you can do it.

Nintendude-lol @ you not having any fox's,remember last Apex when i was in your pool with every other fox on the planet. Must be a relief. When i mained icys,i use to get all peaches,then when i started beating peaches with icys,i just switched to fox and i had no more peaches in my pool. I think Palpi is like the only peach i played this year in pools.

Anyway- i want to play all of you guys and if you play other characters ill play my icys too. Cya guys @ apex,or hopefully @ the pre tourny tomorrow (which is 5 minutes from the venue)

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Yeah our Apex 2010 pool was so stacked and unfair lol. I'm looking forward to seeing and playing you again this weekend. I'll be at the pre-Apex tourney tomorrow too.

Binx

Smash Master
Ciz is getting ****ing good, don't go spacies vs him whatever you do lol =D

My friend got 0-deathed every time he got hit lol, got 4 stocked twice in a row, ouch. Not that I think that will happen to you, but if you can't beat his Marth with ICs just think twice about picking Fox, although I'm sure your Fox is much better than my friend's.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
I have been working at the hand off for 2 weeks am able to do it but have horrible consistancy. i know about the green flash, nana fthrow sound and am starting to take out JC grab by inching forward.
anything else i need to work on for the hand off?
or just practice evry day

Vts

Smash Champion
Vts -most players in the community can swear up and down they know how to fight icys,but i think they have a general idea like the rules of fighting icys,but just because yiou know the rules to something doesnt make you a pro @ it . Said all that for you can practice all your icy tricks,get your basics on point and you will be fine,its still going to be tough but you can do it.

Nintendude-lol @ you not having any fox's,remember last Apex when i was in your pool with every other fox on the planet. Must be a relief. When i mained icys,i use to get all peaches,then when i started beating peaches with icys,i just switched to fox and i had no more peaches in my pool. I think Palpi is like the only peach i played this year in pools.

Anyway- i want to play all of you guys and if you play other characters ill play my icys too. Cya guys @ apex,or hopefully @ the pre tourny tomorrow (which is 5 minutes from the venue)

We are getting there thursday night, idk our room number yet, my number is 501-743-9497 just text me your room number or something and we can play.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Ciz is getting ****ing good, don't go spacies vs him whatever you do lol =D

My friend got 0-deathed every time he got hit lol, got 4 stocked twice in a row, ouch. Not that I think that will happen to you, but if you can't beat his Marth with ICs just think twice about picking Fox, although I'm sure your Fox is much better than my friend's.
C!Z is poor against ICs. I don't think Nintendude needs to stress over any of the other players in his pool, either.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Wow nintendude I was very impressed with your play on Prog's stream. Very very smart and smooth, I'm genuinely impressed.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Thanks, PEEF. I took Armada to 1 stock twice but then he caught on and started wrecking me <_<
If at Apex I play as well as I did tonight I think I can make the bracket no problem, and hopefully crack top-32 at least. Second round of pools might be awful though. With only 2 advancing it'll be so easy to get deathpooled.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Noticed in the infodump that wobbling is banned at apex, werent that something that now the top players dont complain about it as much as before?

Marth is solid even though playing safe against him is probably better for ICs then marth since they punish him harder, even though his edeguarding is tricky.

Binx

Smash Master
C!Z is poor against ICs. I don't think Nintendude needs to stress over any of the other players in his pool, either.
I've played his Fox in tournament and have done okay, but never played his Marth, and he's improved a LOT recently.

But yeah Nintendude is probably fine.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
****ing gay. I 2-0'd my entire first pool. Then what do I get? MacD and Ambix (another Peach) in my 2nd pool. I lose to MacD and then stupidly lose to Ambix. Get 3rd seed and don't make it out. wtf kind of bad draw is that. There's like 3 Peaches in the entire venue and 2 of them end up in my 2nd pool.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
PJSalt

Alex Strife always knows best! Only allow one stream for both games, we miss all of Melee bracket: Perfect planning!

Vts

Smash Champion
Bracket isn't until tomorrow peef, also we are recording all the bracket or going to attempt to . My pool sucked I failed hard lol, sleep John but really I was out played

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Actually, Nintendude, there seem to be LOTS of Peaches at Apex this time around. Not sure what it is...

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I played like an idiot vs Ambix so it's really just my fault for not getting out of that pool. He kept down-smashing my shield, which should be a free grab, but I wasn't on point with the wavedash out of shield and I kept eating another downsmash trying to punish it. I also dropped the lead a few times. Oh well, there's always next time.

Top Bottom