• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Final Fantasy Discussion - Final Fantasy XII remake incoming!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
btw, I'm working on your sig, Sephiroth.

--

But yes. I play through Ad-hoc. I haven't tested it, but seeing as Ad-hoc allows you to go online, I'm guessing that's through the PSN. So no dice. Besides, I'm not in the mood for fighting to check anyway.

D

Deleted member

Just felt like saying I'm playing through FF VII for the first time and I'm completely blown away by it's story and gameplay.

D

Deleted member

I decided I'd play all the other Final Fantasies before starting VII, to see if it's actually as good as everyone says. It is.

finalark

SNORLAX
I hope you enjoy the game. My first time through was ruined by the fanboys telling me that I'm going to hell if I notice anything I didn't like and the fangirls telling me that Sephiroth is Jesus and that I'll get my balls ripped off if I disagree.

Years later I gave the game another chance and rather enjoyed it. Oh, and once you finish the game get ready for numerous discussions about the game's story.

Balls, now I want to play through VII again.

D

Deleted member

I have to ask though, how long is it? I'm 23 hours in and I have a whole disc to go!

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I still like VIII better then VII. I don't want to start a fight or anything, I've just always liked VIII more. Definitely my favorite Final Fantasy. VII is really good too (Plus it has Barret)

Boofy!

Smash Champion
I'm playing through FFVII as well! It's like my 12th time though.. going for a "perfect" game so I'm only at Junon. Gonna play 8 next since I've never beaten it =/

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I still like VIII better then VII. I don't want to start a fight or anything, I've just always liked VIII more. Definitely my favorite Final Fantasy. VII is really good too (Plus it has Barret)
Yeah, I liked VIII better than VII too. Then again, I liked VI better than VII. But that's just my personal choice.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
When VI comes to Virtual Console/PSN I'm 100%ing it again. I'm talking kefka ****.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
If somebody tries to start a fight out of this comment, they're ********, and if I were a mod I'd start infracting for it. lol

Good on you man. I wanna give VIII another chance since it's been a long time, myself. :)

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
One thing that kinda bugs me (aside from stopping right at Yunalesca in FFX and not going further since someone spoiled the ending for me), is that even though I now have FFIX, I haven't really given it a chance and played it much. Like, I know it's supposed to be really good, and what I've played of it has been, but I just can't seem to give it a shot. It's kind of like how even though I loved Wild ARMs 1, I couldn't give 2 or 3 much of a chance, and never got that far in Xenogears/touched Xenosaga, despite owning the first 2 Xenosaga's and having owned Xenogears once.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
But Barret's just one giant black stereotype. So far at least.
He is, but I still like his attacks and stuff. Stereotype or not. Wish Square Enix didn't just drop guns on every black character though. (Every in this case meaning two) But that's Sterotypes for ya. I like Sazh too, his summon (Though, a car. Really Square Enix?) is my favorite probably.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8g7yl_li7g

Now THIS is a freaking awesome remix of a song. I like the techno-ish takes that people like to go for, but then you get something like THIS sometimes...

Damn. Exdeath really is an awesome villain. Straightforward and awesome.
That reminds me of that Zeromus battle from FFIV remix that was on the OCR FFIV album they put out. Hm...if mind serves correctly, I think Dragonavenger either did it or was part of it. Either way, it's like 7 or 8 mins of win (ha, I didn't even mean to do that).

finalark

SNORLAX
That reminds me of that Zeromus battle from FFIV remix that was on the OCR FFIV album they put out. Hm...if mind serves correctly, I think Dragonavenger either did it or was part of it. Either way, it's like 7 or 8 mins of win (ha, I didn't even mean to do that).
That's probably my favorite song off of their FFIV Album.

Man, this song is pretty awesome. I just wish that OC Remix would do an FFV album that wasn't completely forgettable.

bmullins123

Smash Journeyman
Man, FFXIV is never going to come out on the PS3. From the results so far it will probably come out next year because of the earthquake in Japan causing them to save energy ,and hold in supplies!

finalark

SNORLAX
Man, FFXIV is never going to come out on the PS3. From the results so far it will probably come out next year because of the earthquake in Japan causing them to save energy ,and hold in supplies!
Right now FFXIV needs to worry about making itself playable before Square even thinks about porting it to the PS3. I have a friend who plays and he says that it's steadily getting better but is nowhere near as good as it should be.

I'm planning on joining him when I feel brave enough to endure a bad MMORPG (hey, I played FFXI for three months, XIV can't be that much worse) and when I have a comp that can run it I plan on joining him because I want to give the game a chance.

D

Deleted member

Maybe instead of making abysmal MMOs, Square should try to finish Versus XIII. Remember that Square? That thing you announced back in '06 and we still have no release date for?

EDIT: Lamest post #1000 ever...

finalark

SNORLAX
Maybe instead of making abysmal MMOs, Square should try to finish Versus XIII. Remember that Square? That thing you announced back in '06 and we still have no release date for?
Final Fantasy Forever XIII anyone?

But really, Square needs to learn that they suck at making MMOs. I honestly wish that they had kept FFXI and XIV separate from the main series. Save us two roman numerals.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I don't feel attached to XI or IV's existence at all. Granted I've never played either one, they just aren't real Final Fantasies to me. They should not have used the main series as a marketing ploy for their shabby MMOs. It's embarassing and has tarnished the otherwise respectable series for being one of epic single-player experiences. Final Fantasy Tactics was a spin-off and it evolved into the Ivalice Alliance which totally kicks ***. They should have made FFXI a spin-off MMO not embedded in the core series that could develop into a whole MMO subseries just as FFT has several tactics-based games under its belt, and just as FFXII emerged as a single-player experience based on the FFT universe, their MMO subseries could tie into a main series title. Oh well, can't change history. They screwed up.

finalark

SNORLAX
I don't feel attached to XI or IV's existence at all. Granted I've never played either one, they just aren't real Final Fantasies to me. They should not have used the main series as a marketing ploy for their shabby MMOs. It's embarassing and has tarnished the otherwise respectable series for being one of epic single-player experiences. Final Fantasy Tactics was a spin-off and it evolved into the Ivalice Alliance which totally kicks ***. They should have made FFXI a spin-off MMO not embedded in the core series that could develop into a whole MMO subseries just as FFT has several tactics-based games under its belt, and just as FFXII emerged as a single-player experience based on the FFT universe, their MMO subseries could tie into a main series title. Oh well, can't change history. They screwed up.
I don't think I could ever has phrased this better myself. I would have much rather that they had released XI as "Final Fantasy Online" (and XIV as "Final Fantasy Online II" or something like that) then created a single-player main series FF based off of Vana'diel just as they did with Ivalice and XII (I don't give a rat's *** what the alienated Japaniphiles say, XII is ****ing awesome).

Now that I think about it, Square needs to make a deal with Wizards or something to produce a table top RPG based off of Ivalice or at least make it a campaign setting for Dungeons and Dragons. Ivalice has to be one of my favorite fictional worlds ever created.

_Dice

Smash Ace
My fav FF is IX, i hated VIII though, was so bad to me (the whole lore/world of it, less so the story.)

but IX has the sexiest song ever in one of the end bosses (2nd in soundtrack to FFVII)

Spire

III
BRoomer
Vagrant Story was amazing. It was too much for me to handle as a ten year old kid, but its complexity is only rivaled by its beauty. I've been wanting to buy it and Legend of Mana, but I hear one or both of them may be coming to PSN? Problem is, I am without a PS3 so until I get one, that doesn't really matter.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Laguna's part in the game makes for a better story than the whole of what Squall and his buddies were a part of. Laguna acted during the build-up of the war, then Squall acted during the war. I really liked the beginning of FFVIII a lot, with the whole Balamb/Ifrit/Dollet chapter. Just went downhill from there. In some ways, VIII had the whimsicality of earlier games in the series; it's quite a surreal game.

Adel could have easily served as the main antagonist, but instead she felt like a last minute effort to inject another sorceress into the game, though with more of an actual backstory than Ultimecia.

I don't know. VIII potentially had an amazing story, but it was so obliquely told that without examining every possible thing and keeping them all in mind, you'd lose track of any notion of logic in the narrative.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Vagrant Story was amazing. It was too much for me to handle as a ten year old kid, but its complexity is only rivaled by its beauty. I've been wanting to buy it and Legend of Mana, but I hear one or both of them may be coming to PSN? Problem is, I am without a PS3 so until I get one, that doesn't really matter.
You have a PSP right? Buy it on there.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Off topic but I've started a retro-gaming benge. I'm playing FFVI soon when it comes out on VC, recording a lot of it with my thoughts. At the moment I'm doing a game no one knows though: Breath of Fire 2. For it's time, it had an amazing story<3

TuxingtonIII

Smash Apprentice
I'm playing FFVI soon when it comes out on VC, recording a lot of it with my thoughts.
Lol, going to release an audiobook or something? "Dang, ytf do I have to wait so long to get Mog...and stfu, Gau"

At the moment I'm doing a game no one knows though: Breath of Fire 2.
If you think no one knows that, then this is not the thread you're looking for o.o

But BoF was fun. BoF3 is my favorite though.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Lol, going to release an audiobook or something? "Dang, ytf do I have to wait so long to get Mog...and stfu, Gau"

If you think no one knows that, then this is not the thread you're looking for o.o

But BoF was fun. BoF3 is my favorite though.

I should so pick up BOF3 again. I dunno though, I remember I really got into BOF4, and then traded it and some away for Suikoden 2 a couple years back and haven't gotten it back since.

Top Bottom