• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Final Fantasy Discussion - Final Fantasy XII remake incoming!

D

Deleted member

Well, my kids already named for an RPG character (SMRPG's Geno) so I really doubt the wife will allow another...

D

Deleted member

Well, his true name's Giovanni, but we've always called him Geno. I'm Italian lol.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
**** yeah Charles Foster Kane.

And it's 38 pages of discussion.

Max post count per page master race.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
So whose all got Ad-Hoc and a wired connection to the PS3?

Because I wouldn't mind taking some of you guys on.

[EDIT]

In Dissidia 012 that is.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
**** YEAH FFVI.

I gave my copy away to a friend so I haven't played it in a long time. Man, I can't wait.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Final Fantasy VI is coming to the PSN. Yes, you read that correctly, PlayStation Network, not Wiiware.

Oh, and so is FFV but unless it's the GBA translation rather than the Anthology translation then whatever.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1161626p1.html
Nice. I already have VI on the SNES, PS1, and GBA, but maybe I'll get it just so I can play it on PSP.
So whose all got Ad-Hoc and a wired connection to the PS3?

Because I wouldn't mind taking some of you guys on.

[EDIT]

In Dissidia 012 that is.
I still need to get Dissidia 012. I still haven't even gotten the first game.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Don't even bother getting the original one, Minato. This one has the original storyline intact, only greatly expanded on with the new World Map system and all. As well as a pseudo-mini sequel after the first game's story involving the game's superboss.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Final Fantasy VI is coming to the PSN. Yes, you read that correctly, PlayStation Network, not Wiiware.

Oh, and so is FFV but unless it's the GBA translation rather than the Anthology translation then whatever.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1161626p1.html
I've been looking for a JRPG to play. I'm waiting for WKC2, and..finding AT3 will be hard, so I've been in a slump.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Don't even bother getting the original one, Minato. This one has the original storyline intact, only greatly expanded on with the new World Map system and all. As well as a pseudo-mini sequel after the first game's story involving the game's superboss.
I still like some aspects of the original's gameplay. Although it's a little more defensive based, it still has it's good points.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I still like some aspects of the original's gameplay. Although it's a little more defensive based, it still has it's good points.
Oh I do too. But from a storyline standpoint and what people are keeping up with, it's like going from Calamity Trigger to Continuum Shift in BlazBlue. Not too many people are gonna be playing the original.

Spire

III
BRoomer
No, it's an original design created for Dissidia, similar to Kuja's "Treno" DLC outfit. Akihiko Yoshida (Vaan's designer) created the new outfit in response to his Sky Pirate outfit, pondering what Vaan would look like as a Sea Pirate instead.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Kingdom Hearts has single-handedly been the downfall of the Final Fantasy franchise. The unforseen ramifications it would bring on ca. KH's original release have been in vain. It has butchered characters we grew to love for their original purposes, their now classical appearances. I'm so glad that KH hasn't touched the Final Fantasies prior to FF7 sans Setzer, who was obviously a cash-in by hair association with Sephiroth.

Man, **** Tetsuya Nomura.

Look at him. It certainly seems like he's re/designing FF characters to look like himself. He's a little emo piece of **** and all his characters are now as well. He doesn't do androgony justice. Amano's designs do.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
..... no comment in here because I honestly do not mind and like the characters still, and can defend reasonings all I want to from a storyline perspective. but y'all so mad. So...

Not even gonna bother. /shrug

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I've just never had any interest whatsoever in KH games, so I've never played any of them. Just not interested in a Disney/Square crossover.

/shrug

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Man, **** Tetsuya Nomura.
Yes, Tetsuya Nomura, he's been the main character designer since VII (but not IX or XII) and has worked with Square since IV.

This guy must be the devil that will bring about the distruction of Final Fantasy as we know it.

:3

Top Bottom