• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Discussion

Dekar289

Smash Hero
and for me it's hard to play anything even half decently under pressure
luckily 95% of the time i feel no pressure whatsoever

Sieg

Smash Champion
Oro, Wes, HugS, Spaceballs, Phanna, Trashman, etc.

Oro and Wes don't play anymore, but still top level Samus play.

Zxv

Smash Lord
Pokemanz favours Space Animals too much and has wacky transformations, so it can't be neutral, they say. Imo, it should be neutral, but eh. Just strike it. FoD is definitely more neutral than PS though I think.

Zxv

Smash Lord
FoD's great for Falco though. It gives a few characters an advantage, but it doesn't *really* disadvantage others while doing so. The only characters who it truly disadvantages are probably Falcon and Ganon. And even then it's not like it's unplayable (well, at least for Falcon...).

Also, where does it say PS is not a neutral? Is that our accepted tournament standard, or is it on the OP of some thread somewhere?

Also also, out of interest, how many people believe PS should be CP instead of neutral?

S.D

Smash Master
I think PS should be a CP - out of all the nuetrals it's the least nuetral - less so in PAL because Fox is a bit nerfed... It's better to have a 5 stage striking system so something has to go, it's still CP so eh.

Edit: Checked rules it's CP for RC so let's all get used to it :)

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
If FoD is neutral, then PS should be as well. Both stages have lame stuff occasionally but are neutral most of the time aka PS a couple of the stage changes and FoD's moving platforms

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i think the entire stage transforming is a little more serious than a couple of moving platform

Zxv

Smash Lord
i think the entire stage transforming is a little more serious than a couple of moving platform
Yeah but it's not enough to get rid of the entire stage imo.

With 6 stage striking each player gets at least 2 strikes. That's more than enough, really.

Against Spacies, strike PS
Against Marth, strike FD
Against Sheik, strike FoD and/or Battlefield
... for example.

Still leaves 1-2 strikes to cover character/personal stage weaknesses. And for all the characters that matter, I don't really think *any* of them have more than one weak stage. Jiggs has Yoshi's and Falcon has FoD... That's really it. Everything else is rather neutral with respect to character disadvantages.

I agree with Sam that we should all stick to RC ruleset for now, at least up until October... But after that tournament I personally think this should be reconsidered.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Some falcons would consider yoshis a bad stage aswell, especially against sheik and fox. The only neutrals I like are FD BF and dreamland. Sometimes yoshis is good though if you have no other alternative and want to rely on random low % kills.

But I hate hate hate FoD sooo much. Worst stage IMO. And I like PS against marth, but hate it against spacies cuz of the god**** tree transformation. For some reason that one just ****s with me.

ACCELERATE

Smash Lord
Gotta agree with noobxv here.

I fkin hate people that see some random tard in America doing something different. So they think by coping this tard that their somehow ahead of the trend or some ****. Stop being such pussys we don't strike in melée. The stage change is the same for everyone.

DK64 is more
neutral than FoD and I main falco and shiek so go ****ing figure.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
i like 5 stages just because it means 2 bans each, rather than one person getting more

but i like ps too

hmmmmm

S.D

Smash Master
A lot of people will still CP PS anyway - it's just more fair to have 5 stages to strike from than to random it, it also adds an extra layer of strategy straight off the bat. This way you end up with the most fair stage, esp for that particular MU. I tried doing strikes with 7 stages and it was ****tt.

Timic83

Smash Ace
Moorabbin/Hampton East, Melbourne, Australia
fod should be banned for lag in singles with ics. no srsly, especially when they both die and it does that huge explosion sparkle thing

also i honestly reckon ics ditto would lag, plus i swear ive felt lag in fox dittoes even, its just a dumb stage and all it is is another 3 platform thingy, we got BF, dl64 and yoshis we dont need another

DarrellD

Smash Ace
If you dont want to play on FoD, then strike it. If you win game 1, then ban FoD. If you dont want to play there I dont see a reason why you would.

Melancholy

Smash Ace
^^Somebody has been name searching

Darrell what stuff should I learn if I want to be good at Samus?
Considering I currently main peach and have no tech skill. At all.

Top Bottom