• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Discussion

Zxv

Smash Lord
For pal I think

Sheik
Jiggs
Marth
Peach

Fox
Falco
Falcon

Thoughts?
Why did you place Fox/Falco so low? Or am I reading it wrong?

For Aus imo:

Fox
Sheik
Marth

Falco
Peach
Falcon
Jiggs

Rest are irrelevant.

Jigglypuff isn't broken imo. Mango & HBox are just amazing players who know the character. If there were more Jigglypuff players who placed like they do, I'd be more inclined to placing Jigglypuff higher. We need more Jigglypuffs in Aus...

ACCELERATE

Smash Lord
Fox can't be top in our version. Peach and jiggs also live way longer because the top ones killing moves got nerfed.

Sheik has to be top because she doesn't have a bad matchup with anyone at least 50/50 or better (excl. IC's)

Peach and jiggs if played right just beat fox/falco. It's the characters not the players that influence my decisions. I'm still unsure of marth though I kinda just shoved him in the middle.

Zxv

Smash Lord
bad opinions are bad
Useless posts are useless.

Fox can't be top in our version. Peach and jiggs also live way longer because the top ones killing moves got nerfed.

Sheik has to be top because she doesn't have a bad matchup with anyone at least 50/50 or better (excl. IC's)

Peach and jiggs if played right just beat fox/falco. It's the characters not the players that influence my decisions. I'm still unsure of marth though I kinda just shoved him in the middle.
Fox/Falco don't really have any bad matchups.

Sheik gets hard countered by Jiggs and ICs, and to some extent Peach (moreso in Pal than NTSC). Her matchups with Fox/Falco range between 40:60 to 55:45, depending on who you ask. Sheik actually has more bad/slightly disadvantageous matchups than any other high-tier character.

Zxv

Smash Lord
where is ganon ???
after Jiggs...

ICs
Samus
Ganon
Doc

Perhaps? Though we play Pal here, and Ganon's pretty terrible... So maybe he'd be lower...

" Sheik actually has more bad/slightly disadvantageous matchups than any other high-tier character."

such as?
Well, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you want proof for the "other high-tier characters" part, and not asking for examples of Sheik's bad MUs... so:

Fox: bad/SD MUs = Falco (debatable)
Falco: bad/SD MUs = Peach/Marth... Falco has a really good MU average.
Peach: bad/SD MUs = Falcon... 'bout it. Even with everyone else.
Jiggs: bad/SD MUs = Fox, which 55:45-60:40 (I hear Young Link/Doc counter Jiggs, but haven't really investigated much)
Marth: bad/SD MUs = Fox, Sheik = 60:40, but even with everyone else. If it wasn't for Marth's edgeguarding, Marth/Faclon would be 60:40 > 65:35 imo.

None of the other high-tiers have more than 2 MUs that aren't in their favour. Sheik has 2-4, with two being HARD counters, not just slightly tilted.

Zxv

Smash Lord
You answered yourself right there that's why peach an jiggs are so high.

I can't believe were both shiek players one thinks she's broken and one doesn't...
Lol, I never said Sheik's not broken... I just believe Fox is above her. Only slightly. Sheik's definitely second, imo.

Tier lists aren't only based on tournament results, but also popularity at tournaments. If 3 Foxes win positions 2, 3 and 4 at a tournament but a Jiggs places first, I'll still place Fox higher on my list.
Once more HBox/Mango level Jigglypuffs emerge, THEN I'll place her higher. Same deal for Peach. Sure, sure, Armada's the ****... But disregarding him, there's not a whole lot out of the ordinary happening with Peach.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
tbh i find fox vs jiggs a walk in the park
but prob coz nobody else (at least in melb) has a **** puff

yeh puff's favour lol

Zxv

Smash Lord
Falcon/Peach is Falcon's favour imo. And about the Jiggs/Fox MU is even to slightly Fox imo. I wouldn't go as far to say it's 60:40, but some people might. 55:45 is closer to what I believe.

S.D

Smash Master
Peach loses to Fox/Marth Falcon is sorta 50-50...

Didn't we just make a new pal tier list not so long ago...

Fox da bess always in my book.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
Falcon/Peach is Falcon's favour imo. And about the Jiggs/Fox MU is even to slightly Fox imo. I wouldn't go as far to say it's 60:40, but some people might. 55:45 is closer to what I believe.
this is such a 2007 thing to say i think fox can perform well in the match up however i also think jiggs has a much easier time than fox and ESPECIALLY in pal i wouldnt even give it 50-50 to fox sure the fox player can **** jiggs if he plays amazing but no one plays that well to deal with jiggs cheapness and even if you win the first match you get taken to one of many ****ing ridiculously good jiggs stages. So basically jiggs is a ****ing *****.

Zxv

Smash Lord
Yeah I'm pretty biased because my Jiggs sucks, and I've never personally figured out the matchup. I gotta verse more Jigglypuffs so I can host a less dated opinion. Dekar, come to Boost XVI.

S.D

Smash Master
Well like zxv says where's the top place fox finishers in any of our nationals?

Edit: Tom speaks the truth
Just coz we don't have good foxes doesn't make PAL fox bad. Look at any other PAL playing nation and Fox does well there too (people like Remen, Zgetto, Prof Pro) etc. Sure Fox is a demanding character, but just coz we're all too sucky to use that doesn't devalue his overall strength as a char.

ACCELERATE

Smash Lord
Don't quote me... It's not my point.

And also Europe PR goes Peach, Shiek and they have some of the best foxes I've seen.

Edit: Went and dug this up.
I have said puff is the best char since my first tournament and that was Ros1 (Feb 2005) i am not sure but i don´t think Mango or Hbox played smash at that time.

I am tiered people say they know stuff when they have no idea what they talking about.

If someone ask me the tierlist is not the same like tournaments results the tierlist will show us how good potential a char have.

And if someone ask me puff have the best potential and that have nothing to do with Genesis or mango because i have said this before i know who he was.

Puff is the best!

Karp-0S

Smash Journeyman
As far as my experiences go (just adding an opinion here),
I have to say, playing doc, that I dread a jiggs match-up more so than a fox one.

Foxes will show me a 2-3 stocking consistently, where jiggs players have either had me rip them a new one or have 4 stocked me. (same player)

This may be just down to me playing alot more fox match-ups opposed to jiggs, I figured I just add my 2 cents.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Well like zxv says where's the top place fox finishers in any of our nationals?

Edit: Tom speaks the truth
Bringer won comrades with fox, just all the decent fox players have better other characters and don't want to risk it i.e kas. If dave played marth he would have gone fox obviously, but it was an uncomfortable match-up.

Fox took ages to develop in Australia mainstream cause everyone SUCKED so bad and got ***** early and never put time into him. So now we just copy Americans..

As for finishers, S.D has placed well a few times with fox, and back in the day when freddo played. Kas also won a couple locals using fox in a few matches. Like the last hotcats.. which he beat YOU with fox in the last set.

Again its just personal preference... and swords are BEEETTTAAARRR

isthattim?

Smash Ace
As far as my experiences go (just adding an opinion here),
I have to say, playing doc, that I dread a jiggs match-up more so than a fox one.

Foxes will show me a 2-3 stocking consistently, where jiggs players have either had me rip them a new one or have 4 stocked me. (same player)

This may be just down to me playing alot more fox match-ups opposed to jiggs, I figured I just add my 2 cents.
a good fox vs Doc has so many options it's ridiculous,
jiggs is easier, it just takes **** long if you do it properly

Sirias

Smash Champion
Game and Watch is beast, though. <3

I don't like playing Fox in any match-up other than Falcon, you just need to try too hard to win with him.
Marth and Peach and Sheik are better, easier.
I'd say the tier list, FOR ME AND MY OWN PERSONAL USE, would be...

Marth
Falco
Peach
Fox
Sheik
Mewtwo <3

... C:
It's a bit weird but yeah.
Also, Jiggs for 2nd/3rd, I say, I still think Marth can **** her.
And Falcon, too, seems to be good against her, TO ME.
I don't think Jiggs is the best character, I still think you need to be pretty **** good with her to do good with her, like any other character.

The hell just yawned about 20 times in a minute. Ow.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
I WANT the tier list to look like

Fox
Sheik
Marth
Falco
Falcon
Peach
Jiggs

but in reality its probs a complete turnaround with peach falcon staying wer they arrrrrre. I think of fox as the best cause my fox has beaten everything good in Aus (lol dave quote after a match- "..mmm.. your fox is pretty goood" XD). Where as my marth struggles alot recently. Might just be I've neglected him so much T_T Same as sheik, having never put any effort into her, my sheik is still as good my marth/fox >_>

Dekar289

Smash Hero
syke couldn't take a game off my marth or my puff with his fox in 1000 years....

Top Bottom