• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Discussion

S.D

Smash Master
Idk Armada sorta holds back in friendlies I think, @ genesis he looked scat in friendlies then turned out to be beast - was getting owned by chops etc in friendlies.

Saw some of doubles - obv scorps not sticking to mario.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
armada def. looked pretty crap playing genesis friendlies -- i was convinced he wasn't great until he played tournament matches

megapup

Smash Apprentice
yea scorp and lucky only got put in losers bracket cos scorp mains mario and went puff for some reason.....

unreon

Smash Ace
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=283151" said:
there you go peeps :) TAJ TAJ TAJ

tibs7

Smash Champion
Busy getting ***** by wobbles and eggz.
Came 25th. Apparently there were hangover johns...

unreon

Smash Ace
just read on M2K's facebook that he paid for Mango's flight only to see Mango piss it away by partying and not trying in the tourney.

Mango truly is a ****.

Karp-0S

Smash Journeyman
DJC Uairs work on mid to fast fallers on low % for fast fallers u throw djc uair > regrab uair combos work pretty well 0-death with bair finish and good edgeguards... used to main Ness.
D-tilt spam to Fsmash?

:D

Need to work on getting them off the edge and not sucking so hard.

S.D

Smash Master
Forgot to mention chars land on their feet below approx 40% so you can regrab after u-airs in that range (people generally just shield anyway which gives you more leighway with timing). After that you can just juggle uairs if you're quick enough or tech chase if you slow.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
You should drop the low tiers and step it up to atleast mid tier.

Just sayin, if you want results it's much easier to get them with high tiers and THEN learn a low tier when you're pro an can read people and shiz.

Lachlan

Smash Apprentice
you have to be good to play jiggs though, like good spacing and reading dont you? or fox/marth will just **** you.

also isnt doc like high tier or top of mid

Dekar289

Smash Hero
lachlan, no matter which character play, you won't be able to win instantly, you will have to prac up and skill up

jk jiggs up throw rest have fun winning tournies

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
*Kas here:

I had a feeling you'd misinterpret that.
I meant it as it's unfortunate that Jigglypuff is the best character and that it's easiest to just pick her up if you wanna win. c:

Lachlan

Smash Apprentice
but if you are already bad with your main picking up an entirely new char probs wont work. your main would still be stronger due to lots of experience

but i see a lot of noobs go jiggs and get ***** cuz they think its as simple as bair bair uthrow rest, but not really? you have to have good spacing and mindgames, esp for grabs since jiggs range is so BAYUD and jiggs dies easily. and esp if its a **** person picking up jiggs they'll have bad di and die at like 60. etc

maybe ive just never played a good jiggs since there are none is brisbane (except for scrubs/ben so i heard but i dunno him x_x)

wouldnt peach be easy to pick up too? like not to be godly but just play and win. since dsmash is good, and you can just float back when you get hit far away, good recovery and just dsmash and nair and stuff its pretty easy.

Lachlan

Smash Apprentice
Noob Peaches beat noob other chars coz of the above. Good players will beat noob peaches.
yeah but the same applies to jiggs, good player will beat noob jiggs too. it's not like a good player will fall for uthrow/utilt -> rest or shieldresting that easily, either.

also jiggs dies at like mid 60s against fox on like every map.

i dunno maybe it's just me but it seems hard to pick up and get really good at jiggs. i mean it looks and seems easy, and there isnt much tech or difficult things to do, but having good spacing and mindgames, which are what jiggs game is all about, are a lot harder to learn than just a bunch of tech and strategies imo, which is what really separates the top from the others.

even take me for example. My fox can do everything, or most things, top foxes can do. i can waveshine peach/falcon consistently across fd, drill shine infinite, shine usmash, etc, retreating shdl, etc etc, but it pretty useless since i dont play nearly enough to be able to implement those techs at the right time/situation.

so basically jiggs is easy to 'learn' but quite difficult to play at a high level imo.

megapup

Smash Apprentice
People whinge that characters like jiggs require no skill but really it's because half the tech skill with fox is redundant so they waste all their time learning it and are still bad

Edit: it's also because jiggs takes no skill

Top Bottom