• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Discussion

Sirias

Smash Champion
Tech skill is easier to learn than reading you tool, Rob. That's why people start with tech insanity.
Plus L-cancelling and dash-dancing and wave-dashing and character specific techs are like... infinitely useful anyway.
And you're bad anyway, get better. <3
If you played a better character you'd do better methinks, like... Mewtwo. :D

I feel like playing some games...

Also I agree with Luke.
Though I don't think Ryan 'hates' you, he just nothings you, like most people do other people.
Although, thinking of it like that doesn't really make it seem any better.
Lolololol.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
some people learn how to read better quicker than tech skill. both are required tho.
unless u are so good at reading you dont get hit >.>

he misses sieg its a school girl crush. (i learnt this from hey arnold.)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
hey arnold
Helga...gross.

Ryan it's simple. I don't practice enough. That's why I suck. Goes for Brawl too.

I'm always up for practice when i can get it, but I'm always trying to fit that in between the other things in my life too.

EDIT: More to the point, I do try to identify what I do wrong. Fox example, I always Nair -> Shine with Fox on shield, but don't escape punishment like I should be able to (usually go for another shine against their shield), but yeah, it's practice I think.

Sieg

Smash Champion
It's true though. When I played I didn't read, I just try for mass rushdown. I wasn't trying to do any kind of reads at all.

And that's why I beat you that one time in teams Ryan with Anthony. Lol hurrrrrr JKS.

I reckon reading in SF4 is easier, that's probably why I'm good at it, it's an easier game to play.

Sirias

Smash Champion
There's only so many things you can do in SF4, though, you can't do as much as you can in Brawl, as in, on wake up or blocking or anything as such. ... Actually, that's a lie, there's lots to do on wake up in SF4 lol.
I just don't have the patience to deal with Ryu's anymore, lol.

Sieg

Smash Champion
I could explain like twenty billion different things you could do on wakeup lol.

I dunno, I think it's just because you're locked into a smaller stage and no one has multiple jumps. It takes the focus down to counter and adapting more than Melee does.

I would always try to rushdown someone, even if it mean like running right into their traps etc. Just feels easier to do in SF4 because there's less places for them to run.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Hahahahaha.

Down air is the **** man, always works.

And it's the easiest to do while SHFFLing lol.

Down air lockdown ftw.

Karp-0S

Smash Journeyman
Down air only, Final Destination.

Want to get my ness on. He's teh sexy. Kinda. Not really.

D-tilt edguard!

ACCELERATE

Smash Lord
Its just an example michael. Its not like you care or dont already know that your bad at smash.

Aron its all constructive man. Dont take it personally. If you dont want my advice just say so. What would i know anyway.

Sieg

Smash Champion
What would you know anyway? I'd like to know what you know if you know what I mean.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
ness does combos?
ask sam, he plays ness
hahahaha
oh that's right he plays peach and puff anyway
oh that's right does he even play at all anymore

Karp-0S

Smash Journeyman
Against falcon and Ganon you can get some DK shiz going there. You double jump cancel the first one, repeat for second. follow the 3rd with a full jump, grab u-throw. then double jump to bair.

Have yet to do on anyone other than falcon.

Also, fair spam is good. Many sparklies. Am trying to work in a waveland afterwards. Don't even know if that's possible.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Dk has a 0-death on every single character, even mewtwo 0_o

S.D

Smash Master
Against falcon and Ganon you can get some DK shiz going there. You double jump cancel the first one, repeat for second. follow the 3rd with a full jump, grab u-throw. then double jump to bair.

Have yet to do on anyone other than falcon.

Also, fair spam is good. Many sparklies. Am trying to work in a waveland afterwards. Don't even know if that's possible.
DJC Uairs work on mid to fast fallers on low % for fast fallers u throw djc uair > regrab uair combos work pretty well 0-death with bair finish and good edgeguards... used to main Ness.

Lachlan

Smash Apprentice
Helga...gross.

Ryan it's simple. I don't practice enough. That's why I suck. Goes for Brawl too.

I'm always up for practice when i can get it, but I'm always trying to fit that in between the other things in my life too.

EDIT: More to the point, I do try to identify what I do wrong. Fox example, I always Nair -> Shine with Fox on shield, but don't escape punishment like I should be able to (usually go for another shine against their shield), but yeah, it's practice I think.
miiiight be a bit late but another thing is who you practise with. since i've played way less than like anyone else here but im still not that bad compared to most, since i played mainly with zac and kas, who always kill me when i make mistakes, etc, so it made me get better, and i saw what stuff you should do in certain situations. always losing is a bit disheartening too, sometimes, though.

unreon

Smash Ace
fk you jbirds you just made me fail my exam. <3

TAJ vs ARMADA friendlies DAAAAMN

lmfao
shiz 3 stocks armada (BF)
then
armada 4 stocks shiz (YS)

unreon

Smash Ace
keep in mind these were all friendlies

armada 3-1 scorps
Jman 3-1 armada
armada 3-2 shiz (last three games were close)
Vanz 2-1 armada (beat armada twice in peach dittos then armada went marth on YS and crushed him)
armada 2-0 twin A
Armada 3-0 Taj Mewtwo (actually very close and insanely entertaining to watch. Taj was doing chain grab combos on Peach)

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
"Vanz 2-1 armada (beat armada twice in peach dittos then armada went marth on YS and crushed him)"

Beat him on BF as well didn't he? It was like FD then DL64.. then switches to marth and wins on BF... then i had to fap.. then doubles was on.

Top Bottom