• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Discussion

Lachlan

Smash Apprentice
far and wide across the land the victory is ours
on towards the gates of reason
fight for the truth and the freedom glory is oursssssss

tibs7

Smash Champion
waveshining consistently is far toooooo hard.
also what is best to do after a upthrow on falcon? with fox.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
depends on percent
up smash, up air, nair...
chaingrab...
can usually hit something

tibs7

Smash Champion
yeah i know, but like combo wise, shnair and continue with that yeah? oi deks meat at bryans on sat no joke more details later

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yeh if he DIs go with a shnair into more nair or upsmash or whatever
if he doesn't, i'd either regrab or upsmash into some upairs/bair depending where you are on the stage

Karp-0S

Smash Journeyman
The 2 match ups I seem to struggle with most (being a doc player) is Marth and Peach. Marth more because of his reach and annoying ability to be able to essentially just destroy my pill rushes, and Peach mainly because I can't really follow anything up. End up coping nairs to the face.

Any advice ladies and gents?

tibs7

Smash Champion
yeah dont bother with doc vs marth. its kinda impossible.
but with peach your fair>everything she has you can juggle her sometimes with uair. but yeah space everything otherwise youll cop a nair to the face....dthrow ->fair to kill at bout 100.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
doc marth is good fun
just pills alot, bait him a lot, roll inside him then grab or d-smash or whatever, you have to be very good with your spacing and unpredictable off the edge
dekar: doc expert rofl

Zxv

Smash Lord
waveshining consistently is far toooooo hard.
also what is best to do after a upthrow on falcon? with fox.

I would generally upthrow -> up-smash at low percents
or upthrow -> n-air -> regrab

^this.

Link = even with Marth
Marth > Fox
therefore:
Link>Fox
kthx.

Logic is irrefutable.......
Marth loses to Fox.

The 2 match ups I seem to struggle with most (being a doc player) is Marth and Peach. Marth more because of his reach and annoying ability to be able to essentially just destroy my pill rushes, and Peach mainly because I can't really follow anything up. End up coping nairs to the face.

Any advice ladies and gents?
Drop Doc, pick up Mario and watch Scorpion Master for pro tips.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Lol what to do to falcon after uthrow with fox. Practically anything really. Almost all of foxes attacks lead into more attacks on falcon.

The only way falcon can avoid a stupd combo is if he DI's The uthrow inwards. You might be able to hit him with a dash attack if he does that but otherwise just go crazy with utilts, usmashes, uairs and more uthrows, and Maybe a few dash attacks here and there.

tibs7

Smash Champion
If it's easier with marth, why do you guys say it's even? If one character has to work significantly harder, it's not even.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
even at the top level of play
at our level marth dominates lol
i personally think marth has the advantage at top level standard anyway...

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Dependent on stage and fox's tech skill it can be in fox's favor easily. Marth doesn't have to do as much to win so its an advantage straight off, but fox can still **** marth in the face. Lately Kas's fox and mine have been winning against each others marth's more often. My marth on his fox is probs 40-60 lately on all stages bar fd, and my fox is around 80-20 to his marth on all stages.

If both players are evenly matched then the marth will probably win, but if the fox has good tech then it could go either way.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
I meant it more as if both players are matched AND the fox has average tech marth will win. It's hard to say who has the advantage due to the variables. Marth being easier to use and win with, but fox has the potential to really hammer marth.

Karp-0S

Smash Journeyman
Top tier is so very boring to watch.

Ness vs. Marth

Thats a fun match-up to play and watch. Lunch money match next tourney your at Syke.
Winner pays for the others lunch.

Lets keep in mind here the only other MM I've ever done was a marth ditto with XLR8. He received a Big Mac for his 3 stock.

tibs7

Smash Champion
I just don't understand, how can't it be in marths adv. if he's safer the whole match?
if a char can play safer than the other it's in there adv.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
fox is so easy to edgeguard against @_@ so if he makes a mistake or is pressure to the edge...
marth is probably just abit harder to edgeguard against @_@ fair.
most even match up is a ditto =P

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
qft this^ i think marth fox pal is like basically even but ntsc fox has it a bit on him imo
this mans got it right

marth falling over from shine is a huge loss

also imo marth has the slight adv in aus due to our meta game being further behind and marth differences in pal (falling over)
yet in America fox has the slight adv due to their meta game and marth differences (slide off shine)

opinions opinions

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Top tier is so very boring to watch.

Ness vs. Marth

Thats a fun match-up to play and watch. Lunch money match next tourney your at Syke.
Winner pays for the others lunch.

Lets keep in mind here the only other MM I've ever done was a marth ditto with XLR8. He received a Big Mac for his 3 stock.
I'll have a 500g t-bone kthx

Karp-0S

Smash Journeyman
I'll have a 500g t-bone kthx

Its on!

(I'm assuming here) Considering the tier list is based on tourney results to a degree, would some of the bottom tier characters be a tad underplayed and looked at merely because they don't place in tourney's. I assume there aren't alot of say ness and luigi mains not only because they match up poorly to say some of the "better" characters, but because people really haven't put nearly as much time into the testing and playing of them compared to the higher tiers?

Feel free to correct me here, I'm merely trying to get a better grasp as to why people will disregard the opinion of people how play said characters.

Top Bottom