• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gears of War 3

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
While I understand that some of you aren't enjoying the mp I would suggest trying something other than tdm, warzone is quite fun. TDM just sucks because of all the camping. Execution could also be good cause you can't really camp as much since you have to execute someone to get the kill.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Ugh, while I realize I'm bad at this game's mp, there's really no motivation to get better when its just not fun with the SO, if they just patch that this game would be much better. Though it would also help if the people that played this game didn't make you chase them across the map when you have the advantage.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I heard there was some interview with Cliff recently where he implied SO changes. I've bene trying to find it but I don't know what to look for.

After exerting my tryhard level to over 9000, I no longer have as big a problem against SO users. There's still a **** ton of times where they'll kill me and there's nothing I can do about it, but overall working my *** of 1000x has proven a useful strategy. I still hate the ****ing gun though because it makes me have to work exponentially harder than other players.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
I play this game everyday. (Took a 4 day out of town melee break last week but other than that everyday since launch)

I still hate its guts and rage non-stop, but it keeps me coming back. I got an invincible in TDM earlier today(20 kills without dying) and ended the game with 5200+ points before the ribbons and bonuses. So the game and i are on speaking terms ATM.

:phone:

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Apparently the Lancer takes 11 bullets to down you (less if it's headshots) and it has a 60 bullet clip.

Talk about broken.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Looking for anyone willing to play. Problem is, my headset is busted, so my only voice communication can be through Skype.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I heard there was some interview with Cliff recently where he implied SO changes. I've bene trying to find it but I don't know what to look for.
You're probably thinking of the interview with Rod where he says they're going to make sure the shotguns are being used where they're intended and may make one or 2 small tweaks.

In other words, they might tweak the SO or Gnasher or do nothing at all with them, because for all the complaints of the SO it is being used the way it's intended.

Cliff on the other hand has been telling people to adapt to it and pointing out that camping is just as good a stragety as wallbouncing.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
You're probably thinking of the interview with Rod where he says they're going to make sure the shotguns are being used where they're intended and may make one or 2 small tweaks.

In other words, they might tweak the SO or Gnasher or do nothing at all with them, because for all the complaints of the SO it is being used the way it's intended.

Cliff on the other hand has been telling people to adapt to it and pointing out that camping is just as good a stragety as wallbouncing.
I can't believe Cliff actually told people to camp, I mean camping is so boring, I don't wanna do that the whole game. Also, telling people to adapt is just a bad excuse for making an overpowered gun, it was like people on the bungie forums telling you to adapt when people complained about armor lock.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Ignoring Ryker's stupidity, Cliff's attitude about Gears is why I have little hope for this game. It seems that his perspectives on every issue of the game based solely on how much money he can make. "People like easy games, so we'll make the game easy. People like campy games, so we'll make the game campy." It's stupid. I sincerely hope he has a revelation about who actually cares about the game when MW3 dwindle's this game's already pitiful audience. 3million+ copies sold and not even close to 1million people playing online. Says a lot. Might as well just make it campaign and horde with no MP if he wants to make money so bad.

ThreeX

Smash Lord

Another beautiful picture of me and my baby hoffy.

I'll still on my boat saying that the sawed off is annoying, not over powered.

This game is about team work, and it's really hard to deal with retros/sawed offs without a team :\

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Ignoring Ryker's stupidity, Cliff's attitude about Gears is why I have little hope for this game. It seems that his perspectives on every issue of the game based solely on how much money he can make. "People like easy games, so we'll make the game easy. People like campy games, so we'll make the game campy." It's stupid. I sincerely hope he has a revelation about who actually cares about the game when MW3 dwindle's this game's already pitiful audience. 3million+ copies sold and not even close to 1million people playing online. Says a lot. Might as well just make it campaign and horde with no MP if he wants to make money so bad.
Does CliffyB work at Infinity Ward/Treyarch?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Depends on the situation. If I'm on my own, I have more fun bouncing around like an idiot *****ing about the Sawed Off because I'm too impatient to deal with it. If I'm in a group, I have a lot more fun coordinating a win and dominating the other team through smart (hint that means safe) play.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Depends on the situation. If I'm on my own, I have more fun bouncing around like an idiot *****ing about the Sawed Off because I'm too impatient to deal with it. If I'm in a group, I have a lot more fun coordinating a win and dominating the other team through smart (hint that means safe) play.
:) I like this post.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Yep, just as I expected. Yet another idiot who's clueless as to how patience isn't possible in all game modes and thinks playing safely is the only way to play smart. Typical gears scrub.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
pluvia ive always thought the lancer was broken, its just no1 talks about it

infinite clip, has headshot damage, has more stopping power than any other gun (BY A ****ING LOT)

cliffy B is just clueless.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Yep, just as I expected. Yet another idiot who's clueless as to how patience isn't possible in all game modes and thinks playing safely is the only way to play smart. Typical gears scrub.
I agree, playing safe isn't the only way to play smart. While playing safe is ok in some situations, you will have to advance on the enemy eventually.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
This thread really makes me giggle.

I agree, playing safe isn't the only way to play smart. While playing safe is ok in some situations, you will have to advance on the enemy eventually.
In my opinion, playing safe/smart isn't just sitting behind cover the whole time. There's such a thing as a "safe push" isn't there?

In other news... I think I'm like 340-47 in execution<3 Next TU will get rid of the "man-up rule". All I need now is a 4 or 5 round execution again to make this game complete

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
You can still be a Gnasher Hero and be playing safe. That generally entails having a buddy going in with you and at least one other guy covering you so they can't gun you down from range or sneak up behind you to flank. Unless it's premeditated, charging in with a Gnasher and wall bouncing everywhere is probably the most unsafe way to play the game assuming you're good enough not to be walking around and hard aiming a Lancer in close quarters.

Mura, if you're put into a position in any game mode (I assume you're talking objective based ones) where you are unable to play safely, then it's because you already ****ed up and got put in a position where you have to throw caution to the wind and make a desperate run for the ring/leader. If you're talking about Execution, then you're completely ********. Also note that I said I like to dominate by playing smart. That implies that the team I'm on isn't going to be making a mad dash to break a point.

I understand that since you got stomped when trying to turn our conversation into a Melee/Brawl debate the last time we talked that you are angry with me, but that still doesn't give you a right to say things without backing them up.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
You can still be a Gnasher Hero and be playing safe. That generally entails having a buddy going in with you and at least one other guy covering you so they can't gun you down from range or sneak up behind you to flank. Unless it's premeditated, charging in with a Gnasher and wall bouncing everywhere is probably the most unsafe way to play the game assuming you're good enough not to be walking around and hard aiming a Lancer in close quarters.

Mura, if you're put into a position in any game mode (I assume you're talking objective based ones) where you are unable to play safely, then it's because you already ****ed up and got put in a position where you have to throw caution to the wind and make a desperate run for the ring/leader. If you're talking about Execution, then you're completely ********. Also note that I said I like to dominate by playing smart. That implies that the team I'm on isn't going to be making a mad dash to break a point.

I understand that since you got stomped when trying to turn our conversation into a Melee/Brawl debate the last time we talked that you are angry with me, but that still doesn't give you a right to say things without backing them up.
Oh I have no intent on backing anything up with you, because my previous experience with you has shown me that you're very incapable of understanding concepts. However, I have argued these same points with Pluvia previously in the thread. You can go look at them. Starting here with post 1393.

I've had this same argument we're edging on right now several times, whether here or on the Gears forums, and it generally ends with people conceding to me or insisting on backing a ridiculous point (like Pluvia earlier). But with you, it'll end with you misunderstanding the argument from the forefront, so I'm not going to waste time. From the looks of it, you're just another new BK who thinks he knows how the game works with no skill in either of the two previous games. I'll just make fun of how stupid your posts are.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
You can look them up but to summarise them:

SO is good but the Gnasher is better.

There I just saved you so much reading time. You can argue to the same conclusion with Mura but even when the facts are staring him in the face he'll ignore them if they don't suit his cause so I wouldn't bother if I were you.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
You can look them up but to summarise them:

SO is good but the Gnasher is better.

There I just saved you so much reading time. You can argue to the same conclusion with Mura but even when the facts are staring him in the face he'll ignore them if they don't suit his cause so I wouldn't bother if I were you.

Quit pretending like you had facts. The closes thing you had was that claim you made about the Gnasher downing a SO in 2 shots before the SO could reach him, which was just flat out and ridiculously wrong.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
My problem with the SO is that the gib range was increased from what it was in the beta. It's also too easy to use due to the huge spread, you barely even need to aim with it. In the beta the crosshairs took up your entire screen. Epic may have changed the look of the crosshairs in the retail version, but the spread of the gun is still the same.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
And you've tested it right? You've gone through every possible way in which that scenario can be played out, and your conclusion is, "It doesn't matter because the gnasher downs in 2 shots?" Sorry, I'm not believing it. That scenario has too many factors, aim, distance, ammo, character movement, cover, smoke, lag, w/e, and I'm pretty sure you haven't gone out and tested it yourself.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Everyone can aim.

The distance is farther than SO.

More ammo than the SO and you shoot them when you see them.

Characters can't move faster than you can turn.

SO can't do anything in cover.

Smokes will help you beat the SO user yeah I'll give you that one.

Lag is mostly nullified by the servers. My nets dropped to a 0.4mpb download speed due to a fault so Gears is the only game I can play.

Seriously you're clutching at straws. You know it's bad when the facts are against you and you have to ignore them.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
We can't ignore:
1. The huge spread which makes aiming unnecessary
2. The furthur gib range
3. The way it makes people play

I got this game.
It is horrible.
People are ******s with the sawed off.

S

smash brawl player 99021

He's not clueless, he just can't stand to be proven wrong. Even when he is, he won't admit it. He got killed by a Sawed-off from stupid range and blamed it on him being "careless".

Top Bottom