• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gears of War 3

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
You bought the game disc. You own everything on it. No excuses.
I'll admit it does suck that they do unlock codes. But I end up buying the dlc anyway because the content is just too good especially when everyone else is enjoying the content.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'll admit it does suck that they do unlock codes. But I end up buying the dlc anyway because the content is just too good especially when everyone else is enjoying the content.
It's people like you which only encourage these kind of unethical business practices. I should be getting my copy sometime this week. =/

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
It's people like you which only encourage these kind of unethical business practices. I should be getting my copy sometime this week. =/
One person isn't going to make a difference. They've probably been doing this wayyyy before I even bought a 360.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Unlock codes? I don't remember those last gen. Anyways, Nate, have you beaten horde mode yet?
No I mean I bought the 360 after it had already been out for a few years, so they've probably been doing on disc dlc before I even bought a 360. Also I haven't beaten horde yet. I'm on round 46 I think.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
No I mean I bought the 360 after it had already been out for a few years, so they've probably been doing on disc dlc before I even bought a 360. Also I haven't beaten horde yet. I'm on round 46 I think.
Question: Do you have to start over at round 1 or can you just quit horde mode and start again another day at round 46?

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
You can start again another day. Actually for some reason it will let me start at round 50 even though I never actually reached it.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Epic did a promotion so you'll see a few people running around with the green xbox skin.

If you want it you have to go buy a large drink at some place called Jack in the Box and hope you win. What a terrible promotion.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
And by sheer coincidence I managed to get myself a green skin. I usually help people complete beast mode on insane without failing (I must've helped about 50 people now) and one guy gave me his spare code for helping him! Wahey!

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
I'm going to host a mini 1v1 GoW3 tournament at my school, what would be a good set of rules to use?

:phone:

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
2v2, default weapon cycle, 1 round on a random map, counterpicks.
If they're just supercasual, then you shouldn't have to worry about too much.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
So yesterday... I couldn't have fun with this game.
I tried, I REALLY TRIED! But I just couldn't cause of SO everywhere and if it's not the SO killing my teammates/Me in TDM it's Lancer.
So after one convenient upvote on sandbar I decided that was going to be my last game for today... until I noticed I was having fun camping.

And that's when I realized... if you can't have fun rushing towards people only to get killed by SO. Choose huge maps that require camping! So now I purposely choose Sandbar Overpass etc. and even bother to turn my mic on to convince the others to vote for it. "Which would you rather do? Vote Mercy and have everyone kill you with their backs basically turned with the SO, OR choose sandbar and take control of one place and camp the whole game while they try to take control of it as well using the sniper & Oneshot/HoD to get the camping spot?"

Of course my speech isn't that long but still.
tl;dr: GoW3 isn't fun at all for me even if i'm winning and I get more of A kick out of this game by camping to piss them off and get angry messages that say "Camping n00b, g4y!" (Actually did recieve a message like this)

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Gears 3 is, overall, more campy than GoW2 since Gnasher users (like myself) can't relentlessly rush anymore thanks to SO users and ARs got buffed.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
sadly there are no Jack in a Box's near me so I can't get the skin :( Also @ TRG, I agree it has gotten more campy, I don't mind the buffed assault rifles though, I like that assault rifles are actually useful now. But the SO is bringing down the quality of the mp.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
sadly there are no Jack in a Box's near me so I can't get the skin :( Also @ TRG, I agree it has gotten more campy, I don't mind the buffed assault rifles though, I like that assault rifles are actually useful now. But the SO is bringing down the quality of the mp.
Do you have relatives in other states? There's no JITB anywhere outside of like 19 states in the US but I got lucky so surely you could find someone?

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Do you have relatives in other states? There's no JITB anywhere outside of like 19 states in the US but I got lucky so surely you could find someone?
Most of my relatives live in New Jersey. I have like a few in West Virginia, but idk if there's a Jack Box there or not. Plus none of them are my age I don't think they'd go to one anyway.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Not my fault almost every other game night is some game that I don't play! Or it's a Wii game that I can't participate in cause I can't get my Wii hooked up to Wi-Fi here. :(

If the lobby is gonna be open past 10EST, then I'll join.

JUST FOR THE POSTBITS AWW YEEEAHHH.

GT: xI TWiNKatGC Ix

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Not my fault almost every other game night is some game that I don't play! Or it's a Wii game that I can't participate in cause I can't get my Wii hooked up to Wi-Fi here. :(
You need to play more games. ;)

If the lobby is gonna be open past 10EST, then I'll join.

JUST FOR THE POSTBITS AWW YEEEAHHH.

GT: xI TWiNKatGC Ix
Twinkie is now banned from earning LH postbits. :troll: (He's also a jerk.)

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
No ones ever on this game from smashboards so I wouldn't bother. Me and Xanthan are pretty much the only people here that play this.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/04/gears-of-war-3-horde-command-pack-gets-defensive-nov-1/

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/04/gears-of-war-3-horde-command-pack-gets-defensive-nov-1/

Questions regarding DLC compatibility:

Will those with "Horde Command" pack be able to play with those who did not purchase DLC?

"Yes, players without the new content can still play with players that have it. In fact, they can even play together on the new maps if the player who purchased the Horde Command Pack hosts the game. Even though players can play together, players without the Horde Command Pack cannot build beyond the current fortification level caps."

Does the person with the Horde Command Pack have to initiate the first creation to upgrade the decoy, sentry, Silverback to its highest level?

"The player with the Horde Command Pack is the only one that can build beyond the current fortification levels, but are not required to start the building at lower levels."

Top Bottom