• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gears of War 3

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
There's so many walls of post between Rone, Pluvia and Mura.

Ultimate team needs to get together sometime.

Rone
Pluvia
Mura
Myself
BK Pro

=****
Everybody using SO/lancer. Yeeeeeeah buddy.

I'll be on tonight since I actually have some free time for once. :mad:

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
I have 0 SO kills so ill pass on that part. But im always down for a premade team of 5.

My stats for starting weapons are:
600+ retro kills
600+ gnasher kills
2 lancer kills(that weird join in progress bug where not only do u have to be marcus/drone but also spawn with lancer/gnasher)
0 hammerburst kills
0 SO kills.

:phone:

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
To save space I wont quote you Mura.

Flip reverse the situation. Rushing someone with a SO when they have a Gnasher. You can't approach from the stairs, they'll down you before you even get in range, so your options are die or run. You can't approach from the bottom, you'll be downed before you can get close, your options are run or be killed.

It seems that, for being a "broken" weapon, it is actually the crap weapon to choose when compared to the Gnasher. No matter how fast you travel you'll get shot, and the fastest you can move is by sliding into cover towards the corner. You'll have already been shot once, due to having to advance in an area with no cover, and the second shot will down you or gib you as you'll now be within Gnasher gib range and you can't slide into cover and shoot at the same time.

As you can see that situation has nothing to do with the SO, it's the area that person is controlling, the smart decision to use the Gnasher as it completely shuts down the approach of the SO and you don't have to retreat after 1 shot.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Lol pluvia youre just wrong. If the camper had his gnasher out the SOed player would walk right the **** on up and kill the camper.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
You can't walk towards someone who is shooting you from behind cover when their gun has 3 times the range of yours. You'll be downed in 2 shots, especially at that area of the map.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
To save space I wont quote you Mura.

Flip reverse the situation. Rushing someone with a SO when they have a Gnasher. You can't approach from the stairs, they'll down you before you even get in range, so your options are die or run. You can't approach from the bottom, you'll be downed before you can get close, your options are run or be killed.

It seems that, for being a "broken" weapon, it is actually the crap weapon to choose when compared to the Gnasher. No matter how fast you travel you'll get shot, and the fastest you can move is by sliding into cover towards the corner. You'll have already been shot once, due to having to advance in an area with no cover, and the second shot will down you or gib you as you'll now be within Gnasher gib range and you can't slide into cover and shoot at the same time.

As you can see that situation has nothing to do with the SO, it's the area that person is controlling, the smart decision to use the Gnasher as it completely shuts down the approach of the SO and you don't have to retreat after 1 shot.

You can wallbounce the alleyway and try to force a miss if they try to shoot from the wall. It takes about a second or two to get around that corner, and the player will land at best one shot. If they do manage to kill you, then they deserved it because their aim and maneuverability was better than yours. You're definitely not forced to run away in that spot if the person has a gnasher, because the gnasher takes aim and it's not hard to make someone miss with a gnasher. The situation has everything to do with the SO because the SO can't really miss in that spot.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Pop shotting with the Gnasher destroys wallbouncing between 2 walls. No one continously hardaims with the Gnasher, especially if the person they're aiming for is moving quickly. All it takes it 2 shots from the Gnasher, an incredibly easy feat as you can turn faster than someone can wallbounce.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Rarely does anyone ever hit me in my wallbounce, especially not with 2 shots of a popshotting gnasher. But even if you did manage to kill me, I wouldn't be mad if you did kill me because you had to have been really good to hit me twice before I got to you. Your skill is what killed me, not your gun. For every 1 person that can beat my wallbounce, there's hundreds of others I would've destroyed. So I have respect when someone can shoot me out of my wallbounce.

The point is, in the situation with the gnasher, there's at least a possibility for the player to do something, whereas with the SO there isn't. I've taken that spot plenty of times when there's a gnasher user instead of a SO user defending the wall. But the only times I've taken that spot with a SO user is when they were the worst players I've ever seen.

Just so you know, I don't think you've be able to shoot me out of my wallbounce, because you seem to think it's as simple as "turning faster than I can wallbounce." Good wallbouncers know how and when to fake you out. I.E. sliding to the same wall instead of to the nest on to get you to take your aim off them, or switching to a strafe midway instead of sliding. If you're already trying to aim at the wall that you think I should be sliding to, you're gonna lose to me.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Im gonna pretend that you dont think u know more than me and be done discussing this with you.

Mura/wretched add me on XBL

GT: Reneblade

Im probably done with this thread because the only thing left to talk about is the sawed off and im done aruging with ppl about that. Between pluvia and the epic forums im tired of aruging with ppl who are so blatantly wrong.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Yeah I know what a good wallbouncer is, I've played Gears 1, they're few and far between in 2 and 3.

Just like you said for every 1 person that can beat your wallbounce there's hundreds that would lose, well for every 1 SO that would beat me there's hundreds that would lose. Hence my high number of kills and high K/D, and my words of the Gnasher being the better gun to use.

Yeah it helps crap people be better, but only against other crap people, and it severely hanicaps good players.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Yeah I know what a good wallbouncer is, I've played Gears 1, they're few and far between in 2 and 3.
Wallbouncing has evolved dramatically from Gears 1 to 2. Wall-cancelling made wallbouncing way better. Gears 1 wallbouncing isn't even relevant anymore. I don't think you know what you're talking about.

Just like you said for every 1 person that can beat your wallbounce there's hundreds that would lose, well for every 1 SO that would beat me there's hundreds that would lose. Hence my high number of kills and high K/D, and my words of the Gnasher being the better gun to use.
And like I said earlier, the only reason you don't have a problem with SOs is because you play TDM. Your strategies for dealing with SOs involve running away, flanking, and using power. That's only possible in gametypes where you can be patient. But you pretty much admitted that there was nothign that could be done in my KotH scenario, which is exactly the problem with the SO. The SO destroys modes that require immediate action. In that scenario, you can't just avoid the SO, but you also can't fight it. There's NOTHING you can do. And this isn't the only situation where this happens. KotH is dominated by this kind of scenario, and so are CTL, Wingman, and TDM to an extent. The So makes the majority of the gametypes stupid to play. Unfortunately, the focus of the game is still on gametypes that aren't affected by it as much, like Warz/Exe, so people haven't seen how fully broken it is. You have to consider the WHOLE game, not just your favorite mode.

You think the SO isn't OP because you're inexperienced with all the game's gametypes. Period. Play KotH and see how stupid capturing a ring can get. As soon as 2 players on a team decide to take out the SO, the game turns into a big mess.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I never play KoTH thanks to it's spawns, not weapons

ANd I never admited anything, I pointed out that giving someone a Gnasher in that situation is FAR worse than a SO. With a Gnasher you can control that area miles better than a SO.

Your entire aim was to show that the SO is broken, yet all you did was show that it's the worse choice when compared to the Gnasher.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
You didn't really show that the gnasher is worse in that scenario. After I pointed out that a wallbounce can force misses, you changed the subject by saying:

for every 1 SO that would beat me there's hundreds that would lose. Hence my high number of kills and high K/D, and my words of the Gnasher being the better gun to use.
You completely changed the subject trying to avoid the fact that I pointed out where you're wrong. My point is that a gnasher won't ever dominate that corner because the effort burden is on the player and not the gun. If a gnasher user stops you there, it's because he's a good player. The gun isn't good enough on its own to do that, but the SO IS good enough on its own to stop an approach in that spot.

If you aren't admitting that that situation is impossible, then provide another solution, because your last one didn't stand. But when you say things like, "Well, you couldn't get around that corner if it were a gnasher user either." That pretty much means that you've accepted that at the very least, it's not possible to beat a SO there.

You keep making claims and ignoring when I refute them. You keep saying the same thing right after I just proved it wrong. I'm done with this.

Reneblade, my gt is iimuraii. I'll friend you later.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Actually, "I can wallbounce" does not mean that the SO is broken. I never changed the subject at all, you were the one that said "Well as long as you are one of the incredible minority that wallbounce well, and are fighting someone who doesn't know how to popshot and turn with a wallbouncer, the SO is broken."

Seriously that does not rebute what I said. Really, I can not stress that enough. Saying it's broken as long as the better weapon gets unlucky can rationalise anything.

The SO can stop an approach there, but a Gnasher can do it MUCH better and a hell lot more successfully.

Never thought I'd have to spell that out for you 3 times.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
The Gnasher's ability to stop an approach there relates directly to the skill of the player using it, and the skill of the player being shot at. The SO negates both of these.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
No it doesn't, I showed how a Gnasher would be the better weapon of choice for that situation.

We have a very different view on skill if you think hardaiming with a Gnasher at someone directly in front of you is skillful. If someone is so bad they can't do that then they're not going to be just as bad with a SO.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
No it doesn't, I showed how a Gnasher would be the better weapon of choice for that situation.

We have a very different view on skill if you think hardaiming with a Gnasher at someone directly in front of you is skillful. If someone is so bad they can't do that then they're not going to be just as bad with a SO.
A hard aimer will kill someone who runs straight, but not someone who can wallbounce. That's a clear skill differential that makes a differential in its most basic form. There are several levels of skill in between there that determine. At the very least, it's still way more skillful than the SO because the user had to aim.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
But there's no need, none, none whatsoever, to wallbounce down that straight line when someone is using a SO.

Why? Because they'll shoot you anyway? No. Because they can't shoot you. Their gun has a 0% chance of killing you there. The only way it can kill you is if you get close, and they wont risk leaving cover when it'll make them open.

Now the Gnasher can kill you from a distance and if you get close. It is by far the better weapon to choose in that situation.

I've repeated myself so much here. This isn't a trick, you shouldn't be struggling so much to prove that the SO is broken, all you're doing is showing that the Gnasher would be the smart gun to choose. If the SO was broken it would be simple to prove it, but all this little scenario you drummed up has shown is that the Gnasher would be the better choice.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I never said anything about wallbouncing when the guy's using a so, only a Gnasher. Wallbouncing wouldn't save you from a SO anyway. The SO user in this scenario doesn't need to kill you, he just needs to make sure you don't get to the circle. The SO is overpowered in this spot because no matter what you do, you cannot get into the spot without being killed. If you act you lose, if you don't act you lose. But with a gnasher, there's less assurance that an approach will be repelled because the gun can miss at close range. You can go out and there's a chance you won't die, because the guy might miss, or you might juke him, or you might beat him in a shotty battle, or something. But the SO makes all of this impossible. As soon as you approach that wall, you're dead. And if you don't approach the wall, the enemy team will get points from the spot.

I'll make it simple:

SO: If you approach the wall you die, if you don't approach, the enemy gets free points. No chance of winning.
Gnasher: If you approach the wall you might die, but you might be able to kill the guy behind it if you're good enough. If you don't approach the enemy gets free points. Chance of winning exists.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Which again brings us back to the fact that saying "One weapon is broken as long as the player using the better weapon is terrible" does not make said gun broken.

You're just going around in all ready rebutted circles here.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Which again brings us back to the fact that saying "One weapon is broken as long as the player using the better weapon is terrible" does not make said gun broken.

You're just going around in all ready rebutted circles here.
The SO's brokenness is completely independent of the Gnasher. The fact that it dominates the spot alone makes it broken, it's got nothing to do with how good the player with the gnasher is. If the gnasher did the same, it would be broken too, but it doesn't.

Also, (independent of the main point) missing with a gnasher doesn't make you a terrible player. People miss with the gnasher all the time. That's the reason why it has a small spread, so it can reasonably miss, so that aiming it is a task in itself.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
You're just going around in circles here. How much posts have you made and still you failed to show how the SO is broken. For such an obvious thing it shouldn't be impossible to prove.

I'm done here. If you want to know why the Gnasher is by far the better choice just read any of my replies. If you want to prove that the SO is broken then, well, good luck.

I went +20 (27-7) against a full team who was controlling Overpass TDM today while I was in a team alone with bots, and won the set (2-0).

The SO is really stupid.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Overpass is a terrible map. You just need to equip a Lancer and get up top and you've won.

I can't wait until they release the old maps we know are already in the game as DLC. Jacinto and River should be good, and though I loved Blood Drive I'm sure it'll just be campy in Gears 3.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Some maps are horrendous for tdm ;_; (overpass, drydock etc. )

Just crossing my fingers for a tdm/exe "pro" gametype so I can REALLY enjoy this game. Either that or GB here I come..

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Please let it be a Carmine DLC because I seriously was confused when
they made him disappear midway through the game and then bring him back being all badass in a helicopter. Literally I almost whooped from joy when I saw that COG getting his arm ripped off by a lambent and mistaking him for Carmine. Then I realized that he's supposed to make it to the end and I thought ****. I really want to know what they were doing when Carmine disappeared for like an entire 2-3 acts. I suppose itd be something important right?

And when the **** is Blood Drive coming back and when do I get to download and play RAAM and Tai?

S

smash brawl player 99021

This game
has the worst final boss ever.

And Cole looks like a fish.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
How do you curb stomp in this game? I know the B button just does a kick so that's not the same. X you take a meatshield, and holding Y does a weapon specific execution. I heard somewhere that you had to tap Y to curb stomp instead of holding it, can anyone confirm this?

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
So, I'm not going to be playing this game anymore until they patch the SO. It's broken and it has ruined the entire game for me. Let's just say 6 deaths in a row by one gun is too much for me. It's broken and that's all there is to it.

If you disagree with me, come at me bro (but really, you're dumb if you think it's fair). Peace.

Top Bottom