• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gears of War 3

I think the point of his post was that the SO was ruining his fun, and hence, the game wasn't entertaining.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
The multiplayer for this game is pretty bad, just gone 0-4 cause they've put me up against 50-94's (Already close to 100?!) Despite me being level 17.
Along with SO and the other team consisting of people who're teamed up while i'm with randoms, I feel even GoW2 gives me more of a thrill and fun time then GoW3's gameplay/maps.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Personally, I still like Gears 2 better, but Gears 3 is definitely eons better than Gears 2. Gears 2 is horrid.

The SO is the only thing stopping the MP from being utterly perfect.

I might switch to TDM. It's a lot more fun than KotH. I'm not liking ranked TDM very much though. Too much camping.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I think we should all see what they do in TU1 (yeah I'm not counting that other one, dealwithit) before we start raging about this game.

Remember GoW2 before TU1? Smokes downed you, weapon sliding, execution sliding, kung fu backflips, couldn't blindfire a Gnasher unless you were host, couldn't blindfire a Boomshot unless you were host, it was impossible to get headshots with a Longshot, the list goes on and on.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Remember GoW2 before TU1? Smokes downed you, weapon sliding, execution sliding, kung fu backflips, couldn't blindfire a Gnasher unless you were host, couldn't blindfire a Boomshot unless you were host, it was impossible to get headshots with a Longshot, the list goes on and on.
Sometimes you say really good things.
This is one of those times.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
The SO really is all that's holding the MP back from being flawless in my eyes.

But even then I'm still having a blast with the game. Maybe everyone is too focused on their K/D or something?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings

But even then I'm still having a blast with the game. Maybe everyone is too focused on their K/D or something?
That's probably the reason. :urg:

I'd rather have someone with a high W/L ratio than a K/D ratio cause that shows that they're a good team/objective player IMO.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion

No. Nobody cares about K/D in this game really. If you do, well, you've got issues because it doesn't matter in this game whatsoever.

It's the fact that every time I turn a corner I get blown to bits by a kid with a sawed off. That's why no one is having fun. It's ********.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Stop playing this game, Clone. It raises our blood pressure.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
No. Nobody cares about K/D in this game really. If you do, well, you've got issues because it doesn't matter in this game whatsoever.

It's the fact that every time I turn a corner I get blown to bits by a kid with a sawed off. That's why no one is having fun. It's ********.
Chill dude whoever said I was all wrapped up in mine? I'm actually enjoying the game unlike you. As much as I dislike the SO I've still been able to enjoy the game while maintaining a good K/D.

It's a really simple solution really. Just stop playing it lol. What exactly are you not grasping about that concept? Sell it back, stop complaining, and move on with your life.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Chill dude whoever said I was all wrapped up in mine? I'm actually enjoying the game unlike you. As much as I dislike the SO I've still been able to enjoy the game while maintaining a good K/D.

It's a really simple solution really. Just stop playing it lol. What exactly are you not grasping about that concept? Sell it back, stop complaining, and move on with your life.
Not complaining. Stating that this game is ******** is a well-known fact at this point in time.

And I don't play anymore. Why would I want to waste my time with this garbage? :awesome:

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Some people at this game are just terrible. Luckily my best friend has 2300 kills and is rocking a 6.0 K/D, so even with only me and him we can carry our team to victory.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Epic has really disappointed me. For the longest time I've wanted to believe that they are people of good character, but after what I've been seeing on the Gears 3 forums, I've had enough. Forum mods are outright deleting SO complaint topics, especially the ones with actual good points. They don't want to face the facts that people aren't happy with the game they made, they'd rather let it appear that everyone's happy about the SO so they can feel good about themselves. It's too bad I love this ****ing game too much to stop playing it. This is Sakurai all over again.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Speaking of the SO, I was playing random TDM while trying to pick up Gnasher ammo after killing three people (Surprisingly with wallbouncing skills) on Mercy where the One Shot/Mortar is, I got a Sawed off by accident... Since some enemies were spawning and going after me already for revenge, I had to run and go back to camping with the others where the digger/boomshot spawn was.

I felt so dirty when I was able to not even aim at them and still get kills with the SO... I went like... 17/5 with 6 or so of them from the SO in one life.

Don't feel dirty, you outplayed them.

Or actually, just embrace the filth, and enjoy their precious tears.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Epic has really disappointed me. For the longest time I've wanted to believe that they are people of good character, but after what I've been seeing on the Gears 3 forums, I've had enough. Forum mods are outright deleting SO complaint topics, especially the ones with actual good points. They don't want to face the facts that people aren't happy with the game they made, they'd rather let it appear that everyone's happy about the SO so they can feel good about themselves. It's too bad I love this ****ing game too much to stop playing it. This is Sakurai all over again.
They've always deleted threads that criticise them. Sometimes they even ban people for doing it.

:phone:

They banned me countless times for trolling the other members. Good times.... gooood times.....

I just hope that that won't effect my chances of getting accepted to work there in the future. :3

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Choose a better company than Epic to apply for.

Edit:

DLC contents revealed:

Blog
Podcast
Marketplace
Media

October 4th 2011 6:00 am PT
Gears of War 3 Horde Command Pack Available Nov. 1

Today Microsoft and Epic Games announced the Horde Command Pack game add-on for Gears of War 3 is launching Nov. 1.

While you review the high rez screen shots I’ve posted, here are the details directly from the press release (with my emphasis) :

Taking you deeper into the fight with three explosive new maps, three new playable characters, two new weapon skins, and additional achievements worth 250 Gamerscore, the Horde Command Pack also includes new fortification upgrades to help you mow down the Lambent and Locust threats in the fan-favorite Horde mode.

Available for 800 Microsoft Points or for download automatically to consumers who have purchased the “Gears of War 3” Season Pass, which entitles you to the game’s first four game add-ons at a 33 percent discount, the Horde Command Pack includes:

Three spectacular new maps:

Blood Drive – The Jacinto Medical Plaza was overwhelmed by evacuated citizens after the government-sanctioned Hammer Strikes, and the ensuing riots quickly turned this safe haven into a dangerous inferno. An abundance of high ground and funneled choke points make this map a returning favorite to Horde.
Rustlung – Once the pride of the Royal Tyran Navy, the foredecks of this decommissioned battleship are now riddled with bullet holes. Any team with the fortitude to hold the exposed central torpedo bay will find that the ship’s Loader has been replaced with a battle-ready Silverback mech suit.
Azura – This island resort was once the exclusive domain of Sera’s educated elite, but the tranquil water gardens and lush foliage have become a hotly contested combat zone. Dual snipers overlook a powerful explosive weapon, while the defensive central platform may be your last resort of retreat.

New fortification upgrades:

Command Center – A brand new type of fortification that allows you to call in fire support from sniper teams, mortar strikes and even multiple Hammers of Dawn.
Decoy Upgrade – A new fortification level that turns your decoy into an Onyx Guard bot that will fight in your defense.
Sentry Upgrade – This upgrade adds a fire bolt sentry that deals much more damage and is very effective against Berserkers.
Silverback Upgrade – This advancement allows you to upgrade your Silverback exo-suit with devastating rockets and extra levels of repair cost reduction.

New characters:

Onyx Guard
Big Rig Dizzy
Bernie

New weapon skins:

Team Plasma
Jungle Camo

:phone:

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Hahaha, I saw that video this morning. The SO is such a balanced weapon!

And I wonder if that DLC is already on the disc? Wouldn't be surprised if it is.
I could see some justification for it since they finished the game a while ago but had to delay it IIRC so it would be out for the holiday season. So Epic probably worked on dlc in the meantime and put it on the disc so that people wouldn't have to waste time with an update or something. I might be way off though, just a guess.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I could see some justification for it since they finished the game a while ago but had to delay it IIRC so it would be out for the holiday season. So Epic probably worked on dlc in the meantime and put it on the disc so that people wouldn't have to waste time with an update or something. I might be way off though, just a guess.
You bought the game disc. You own everything on it. No excuses.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Hahaha, I saw that video this morning. The SO is such a balanced weapon!

And I wonder if that DLC is already on the disc? Wouldn't be surprised if it is.
Yeah it is, here's some videos of them on this guys page:

http://www.youtube.com/user/NA5TYBL1NDF1R3

Also doesn't anyone remember I showed us the full map list and a bunch of characters, in this post, back in May? Heck I even have a picture of Rustlung there.

Here's all the maps on disc that we learned about back in February in case anyone missed it:

Aftermath
Artillery
Azura
Blood Drive
Dry Dock
Clocktower
Cove
DayOne
Old Town
Gridlock
Checkout
Hotel