• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GDX and HRNut Present: Brawl Wars I - A New Hope 9/20/08

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
What it seems to me is that everyone that is quitting Brawl has no patience. A game needs time to develop. But, people want more of the same, so they go back to what's familiar... which is Melee.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I like brawl lol.
me and diddy kong approve this message

for reals though, I still dont see why people keep trying to compare it to melee, or even other fighting games. Seems dumb to me...i mean, of course brawl isnt like other fighting games. You should've gathered that when you found out you have a bubble for a shield that can move around, and that the point is to knock someone off of the stage instead of kill them.

Ive already said the reasons why i like brawl more than melee so many times due to all of the arguments peoples usually have, id rather not state them again. But then again, it wouldnt matter cause i'd just be called a brawl n00b anyway so :laugh:

i like that analogy monk..its different

Linguini

Smash Master
im done with brawl, dk is mad boring and i hate everyone else.

i might show up randomly to own in doubles because im ****ing amazing in doubles but thats about it.

time to get to the next level in melee(real mans game).

EVERYONE COME TO MY ****ING TOURNAMENT.

PimpinTZ

Smash Cadet
Only thing I find funny is how everyone that likes melee has to shoot down brawl and bash it because they sort of know brawl is taking over and its true.
I dont see brawl players trash talking melee alot they just simply say they like brawl.

I personally like both games but I like brawl better.

Zoro

Smash Champion
What it seems to me is that everyone that is quitting Brawl has no patience. A game needs time to develop. But, people want more of the same, so they go back to what's familiar... which is Melee.
no people that are quitting brawl have no tolerance for INSANELY NOOB AND BORING *** GAMES

You play this game because you have a chance not because your having fun playing

you may have fun winning but there is no possible way unless your not playing gay to have fun but you absolutely positively must play gay to win

so no
there is no fun to be had at ur brawl tournaments

dont clump us brawl haters together we all hate it for different reasons
too gay
too slow
too campy
too boring

whatever i get mad when people say i have no patience
Ive been playing melee comp for 3 years and ive been horrible for 9/10 of it you dont call that patience? No brawl wont get better because metaknight will only get better because DDD will only get more broken and snake will only get more nastee. Either way competetitions are incredibly boring and uneventful i dont care how u play this game it will never ever ever ever ever amount to melee in any way possible

if your bored of melee and u like the new experience fine but dont lie to yourself by saying brawl will develop over time when you know full well it wont.Melee took a long time to progress to what it is today but in a few months we are already at the peak of this games potential and even if a new crazy technique comes out IT WONT MATTER BECAUSE YOULL JUST GET TORNADOED OR CHAINGRABBED!!

Just because you cant catch up doesnt make brawl better you may like brawl better but thats because thats all you (think) your capable of being good at. Dont label us as impatient ignorant people for hating brawl because you suck at melee or dont want to try .If you clump us ill just clump all you brawl likers as noobs that suck at melee.

except azen and m2k and a few other pros but they are just weird

Only thing I find funny is how everyone that likes melee has to shoot down brawl and bash it because they sort of know brawl is taking over and its true.
I dont see brawl players trash talking melee alot they just simply say they like brawl.

its taking over because there are so many scrubs like you
brawl players cant say anything

they cant say its boring, too slow, campy all they can say is its too fast or button mashy but they would immediately look like ******* for knowing nothing of the game (melee). We've actually played it gotten good at it and still hate it.(brawl)

sorry i dont mean to put people down for liking brawl
im trying not to say anything unless people start it.

If you want to say junk like that go to allisbrawl and talk like that there
your on smashboards which the active posters i believe are predominantly anti brawl.
(and i dont mean anyone with an 08 join date)

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834

GTFOOO noobbiee.
I called finals lol!!

"finals will consist of a chain grabbing DDD, and a nade spaming snake to protect himself from the chaingrabs."
Doubles and Falco/fox/wolf/shiek/TL/ike/marth/etc. is what keeps me in teh brawl game.

GW is a d1ckbag.

Zoro

Smash Champion
I disagree with that statement
They are both smash they both play similiarly
except one has more speed, control, maneuverability, and overall is a funner game even in a party setting even in a casual setting i had more fun with melee.

So no they are not different games they are the same game one of them just sucks more

anyone that says "they are different games" has a seriously weak argument on why brawl is good game.

Brawl is chess? in what world is chess as easy as chaingrabbing and nade throwing????

play melee comp and come back in a year and tell me if u still think its checkers

now let this thread die and dont try to argue when you know im right :)

Equi

Smash Ace
We know Melee is a better game.

It has been repeated over and over.

We ****** get the point. Everyone does. Everyone knows. It's been repeated 2483248234832433 times. I know. FL is going back to Melee. It doesn't take rocket science. End of discussion.

LinkSceptile333

Smash Journeyman
I never said Melee is worse than Brawl. And I didn't say the statement Vice-Versa either. Brawl got seriously different than Melee. Fall speeds, air mechanics (most notable L-Cancelling and Wave-Dashing), hitstun, and way more, so I think it may be in the same genre, they play similarly, but the most definanetly are different. And in your statement, you said Melee is more funner.

Opinions. Just, opinions. Anybody can say the same for either game, you can't prove them wrong about it.

I never once said Brawl is better, or vice-versa.

And I never said Brawl isn't dying.

Zoro

Smash Champion
I never said Melee is worse than Brawl. And I didn't say the statement Vice-Versa either. Brawl got seriously different than Melee. Fall speeds, air mechanics (most notable L-Cancelling and Wave-Dashing), hitstun, and way more, so I think it may be in the same genre, they play similarly, but the most definanetly are different. And in your statement, you said Melee is more funner.

Opinions. Just, opinions. Anybody can say the same for either game, you can't prove them wrong about it.

I never once said Brawl is better, or vice-versa.

And I never said Brawl isn't dying.
All youve mentioned is the good aspects of melee that they REMOVED

and yes equi it has been repeated but for some reason tampa just doesnt get it yet so i gotta reeducate them.

Equi

Smash Ace
There is an essence of Brawl that I enjoy though. Melee obviously has all the components, and better, and faster. But if Brawl improved anything in general it was the mindgames for me. Walking away grabs, got better at shield pressure, has all transposed into my Melee game and helped in subtle ways.

LinkSceptile333

Smash Journeyman
Was that pointed towards me? And was it supposed to be offensive or just a joke?

Sorry, I couldn't tell.

EDIT - Wait, I'm confused now. The text at the bottom keeps changing...

Smash your MoM

Smash Ace
I disagree with that statement
They are both smash they both play similiarly
except one has more speed, control, maneuverability, and overall is a funner game even in a party setting even in a casual setting i had more fun with melee.

So no they are not different games they are the same game one of them just sucks more

anyone that says "they are different games" has a seriously weak argument on why brawl is good game.

Brawl is chess? in what world is chess as easy as chaingrabbing and nade throwing????

play melee comp and come back in a year and tell me if u still think its checkers

now let this thread die and dont try to argue when you know im right :)

i agree wit zoro..i cant lie i like brawl and i love melee...i think both games are fun in there own way. but i jus find melee more fun and competitive..u can have a person that never played brawl or melee..and he can suck bad in melee and can beat some of the best in brawl..brawl is jus more e-z to play than melee..

E.T. FOR ATARI IS THE BEST GAME EVER!!!! SOME 1 PLAY ME IN THAT...

Life After Death

Smash Champion
brawl is a bad game melee is a good game now u all get it? irony is i own almost everyone in this state in brawl and i think the game is trash. so no even people who are good in brawl hate the game. its free money i liek figthign scrubs in brawl but no pros cuz its boring. in melee i hate playign scrubs but love playing pros cuz its funner while brawl the better players u play the campier the matches will be

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
ZOMG!!!! melee is teh ****!!!! lol, its a shame what brawl became.
melee is so much ridiculously superior.

Just like afro said, you watch any random melee friendly, and everyone is standing around and laughing and joking and excited. Over a normal game. then you watch grand finals of brawl, and its like 4 people watching, and nobody cares lol. Its so boring. i havent watched any grand finals for brawl for like my last 20 tournaments, lol. who cares, it is so gay to watch.

NOW, WATCH SHIZWIZ IN GRAND FINALS AND ZOMG!!!!! ridiculous!!!1

-hiro

-hiro

Col Bol

Smash Champion
Why don't we just ban everything thats broken about brawl. Rather than finding out a way around it of course, we can be the first state in the USA to succumb to the depths of scrubdom.

Yeah, sounds really smart.
I'm pretty sure he was joking lighten up

Also is it just me or is mine as well as about half of everyone else's avatars not working? >>

Leh

Smash Ace
Didn't you play DJ nintendo's bowser at all?

hes easily the best bowser at both games.

I'm sure Rx- would agree, ;D
I did play DJ nintendo's bowser (and won), and i would say Redhalberds bro is just as good.

Top Bottom