• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GDX and HRNut Present: Brawl Wars I - A New Hope 9/20/08

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
Man, I tanked against WeeG and Polmex...but it was so much fun.

I think xYz took my controller though, haha.

But overall, very fun.

I was the sucky Ganondorf, by the way (Criss).
hey man if you're controller is silver than GDX has it... just pm him and he'll bring it to the next tourney you guys will be in.

freddybones

Smash Journeyman
Monk, Polmex, bad news.
FLUDD to SHoyruken combo kill is not on the video. In fact NONE of the doubles matches are on it. They were recorded over with a bunch of singles matches. First match on the tape was with Equi vs a Lucas player (probably Galeon).

Sorry guys, best Mario Bros team isn't on tape together!!

OverLade

Smash Hero
Monk, Polmex, bad news.
FLUDD to SHoyruken combo kill is not on the video. In fact NONE of the doubles matches are on it. They were recorded over with a bunch of singles matches. First match on the tape was with Equi vs a Lucas player (probably Galeon).

Sorry guys, best Mario Bros team isn't on tape together!!
I wanted to see that T_T. Links plox. Where are the matches?

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
Aaactually it's possible it could have been recorded. I ended up with 3 of the tapes since GDX doesn't have a VCR. Also GDX has 2 of Polmex's tapes (Pokemon movie or some sh*t and True Lies iirc)

I'll try and go through the tapes I have tonight or tomorrow.

GDX, that list of the matches played and which TVs they were on might be useful...

freddybones

Smash Journeyman
Well the tape that was given to me said "Brawl Wars TV5" on it. Unless there was another TV5 tape, then ok, there's still a chance. But I thought there was only one. Or at least I didn't know of a second

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
I actually remember changing the tape for that VCR myself

So as long as it was recording, someone should have the tape somewhere.

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
You're in luck. I have the tape and just watched the match. Awesome combo btw. XD

Anyway, I just finished recording it, I'll upload the match video in a few mins, then I'll record the games from the rest of the tape after and cut them up/upload probably tomorrow afternoon.

edit: By the way, you guys took like 3 years to pick a stage.

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
Gotta wait for GDX for brackets and such. Dunno wtf he's been doing today, it should have only taken like 5 minutes to get on his comp and edit the first post with the bracket images and all.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
OMG YES, i was reading though this **** thread..

When i saw the matches might now have been recorded...

I seriously was about to kill my neighborhood with my c0ck!!!....
THANK GOD..it was recorded...TY JESUS

Shoutouts i have none cuz im lazy..but
Linguini, last time u dont play DK. PLease, now i know your DK alill more, so be mindful..i aint no joke man.
Seibrik, im picking up GaW for you. Or lucario *****. xD, thanks for not infiniting me.
ummmm....oh yewa
Luigi1(Darin) - look, just listen. OH yea, i was supposed to 2-0 u back, an you know it xD. Monk distracted me johns!!! xD. Luigi dittos are actually extremely amazing...so much mindgames xD.
Oh yea, if you think about it, staying with luigi isnt a good idea. We both trade hits with each other, and since hiro is Kirby, thats not smart. Both me an Monk can get gimped hard by Hiro, which monk did. So, we needed a Tank. Snake can tank...made sense to me. We needed to win, Snake was a obvious choice. Monk whores the ledge, I work on stage. Oh an thanks for not propping me for a "lets kill snake, oh ****, hes snake, ****, ...wow" comeback xD. I wasnt expecting to win, I blame you Darin xD.

Good **** every1, oh an good **** Darin. Beating Galeon is amazing man, it was recorded so your the **** dude. An ima beat that *** next time =). Its 2-1 yes, will be 23-2 fool xD U gotta pick up a secondary for Meta darin, u really have too. And for DDD...infinites will **** your ***. Good **** against Col.

Thats it, see most of yall at gigs or maybe Emilios tourney

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
Still uploading to youtube atm. I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say it'll probably be done and ready to watch in 10-15

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Polmex, from a friend to a friend i advise you NOT going lucario for ddd. its just..... not good

i can show u why next time but dont look into it.
G&W is better, just dont predictably approach the same way every time and u should be good.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Sorry about that guys. After i drove back to Orlando from the tourney, this is my first time being home for more than 5 minutes. I went to the sportsbar after coming home and changing, and i just got back (go cowboys, wooooooooo).

I wanna thank all of you peoples for coming out to the tourney. Its a really nice place that I'd like to have more tourneys at if you guys came. Ironically enough, the AC was broken that day so it was alot hotter than usual. If i hold another one, i may do melee singles and brawl singles/doubles. Probably have to start an hour or so earlier though

Doubles:

Bracket:

1: Bert and Ernie (Seibrik & Galeon) ($169.00)
2: Leh + Linguini (Leh + Linguini) ($65.00)
3: Colbol & Lambchops (Colbol & Lambcops) ($26.00)
4: Those two guys that play mario bros good (Monk & Polmex)
5: Italian Testicle (h1roshi & WeeG)
5: Chaz + Tommy G (Chaz + Tommy G)
7: Metalphobia (Zoro & Marin)
7: We're kind of a big deal (Fearless & Equi)
9: xYz + Garbanzo (xYz + Garbanzo)
9: Interracial Superpimps (GDX & Abe)
9: Rocket Charles (Pat & Chris)
9: Bidoofs (Dariel & Rafiel)
13: Enemy (Gaige & David)

Singles:

Bracket:

1: Seibrik ($273.00)
2: Lambchops ($105.00)
3: Tommy G ($42.00)
4: Colbol
5: Equi
5: Leh
7: Abe
7: Chaz
9: Fearless
9: Weeg
9: GDX
9: Linguini
13: h1roshi
13: Petey
13: Galeon
13: Polmex
17: Monk
17: Kamano
17: David Sylverg
17: Darr
17: Marin
17: AT&T
17: Criss
17: Freddy
25: Ralph
25: Paul
25: Dan the man
25: Tandy

Life After Death

Smash Champion
he lost to me in a very manly honorable match. all we did was fight. vs seibrik he just quit brawl during the set and sandbagged then he lost lol....

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
I guess now's as good a time as any to do my full shoutouts

GDX - Again, thanks for organizing this and pulling in everyone you could for it, the attendance boost this time was huge. Keep holdin it down on the foosball table too, you can beat Rich. :)

Rich - Same as always, thanks so much for letting us use your venue for the day, great stuff!

Polmex - You forgot your Pokeman tape, lol. You'll have to talk to GDX about that since I know you'll be wanting to watch that again asap. Keep up the good work with Weegee.

Monk - Don't make me pick Castle Siege on you son

'Leh' - Good game first round. Thanks partially to you I've decided that I'm not going to be another Seibrik clone, so yay. Better see you playin Peach next tourney.

xYz - Glad to see you show up. Would have liked to see you enter singles, but I can understand why you didn't.

Abe - As always, thanks for coming, hopefully the turnout was more to your liking finally. Wish I woulda had a chance to play you in some brawl friendlies, but the melee was definitely fun too. Your Samus is a beast.

Colbol - Only got to talk to ya for a few minutes, but I got to see you playing melee a bit, and seriously, your fox gives me nightmares.

Seibrik - Grats on first, I watched most of the finals and your Dedede is a monster.

Tommy G - **** good Falco... I don't know what else to say. O.o

Ralph - Our match was just silly.... full timelimit first round with the 1% lead, then the last second SD on the second round on delfino... Fun sh*t though.

Galeon - lmao dude, I didn't even realize until today that you're in F5. Good sh*t. Dolo and Alex both wanted to show, but couldn't make it. :(

Fearless
- You seemed pretty cool from the little bit I got to talk to and play with ya.

Hiroshi - For knocking me out of loser's again (like you did at Manko's tourney months ago), lol. Keep reppin that Kirbeh.

LAN Odyssey AC - Fac you. Work next time

Anyone I didn't name - Thank you for showing up. Hopefully everyone liked the venue, minus the minor AC problem. We should be seeing another tourney here in roughly a month and a half if all goes well. I want to see a lot of the same people attend, and more!

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
And apparently after all that time, the upload of the shoryuken combo match failed

So I'll try again tomorrow morning. :(

Leh

Smash Ace
The tourney was fun. But this is definitely my last brawl tourney.

See everyone at linguini's.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
man...i did really crappy. I call "too busy hosting tourney to do good" johns :laugh:

PolMex23

Smash Champion
blaz blue tourneys ima be there...

**** i placed 13th...

Atleast I lost to Brik and Linguini, but im dissapointed at Emilio, next time I refuse to play him unless he plays DK... DK an Luigi... I mean come on, who wouldnt want to see that?

PolMex23

Smash Champion
...!!!!

Why, why...

Is it when im getting better..every1 starts to fail =(

Garb if you stop I stop...so you better not stop or Floridas losing a luigi...making 1 luigi left lol xD

Smash your MoM

Smash Ace
for real tho...u can not take brawl serious..its a game that when alot of people come over u pull it out thats y they call it a "PARTY GAME"..stick to melee man..ur my *** *** polmex..

Smash your MoM

Smash Ace
i like spades more than uno.but thats not the point..dont get me wrong i like brawl..but when was the last time u hear people sayin imma quit melee??every day i see more and more people sayin "brawl is gay imma quit"but they do come back brawl only been out 4 like 7months or something not sure..and every 1 is quitin...i jus find melee more compeitive..

Top Bottom