• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GDX and HRNut Present: Brawl Wars I - A New Hope 9/20/08

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
GDX has the full results emailed to himself, and he won't be home for another few hours at least

Grand finals of singles didn't end til about 9:15

Anyway, singles top 3 were

1. Seibrik
2. Chops
3. Tommy G

Final attendance count was 28 singles, 13 teams for doubles

I'll do full shoutouts late tonight or tomorrow, but for now:

GDX - Thank you for hyping this and working your apparent magic

Rich - Once again, thanks for letting us use the (amazing) venue.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
1st: Snakekiller 3000
2nd: Cockchops
3rd: Tommy G

Lol, Imagine If.

Anyone Got Results?
gdx Has The Full Results Emailed To Himself, And He Won't Be Home For Another Few Hours At Least

Grand Finals Of Singles Didn't End Til About 9:15

Anyway, Singles Top 3 Were

1. Seibrik
2. Chops
3. Tommy G

Final Attendance Count Was 28 Singles, 13 Teams For Doubles

I'll Do Full Shoutouts Late Tonight Or Tomorrow, But For Now:

gdx - Thank You For Hyping This And Working Your Apparent Magic

rich - Once Again, Thanks For Letting Us Use The (amazing) Venue.

0__________0

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
Apparently I suck at reading. Sorry hbox

and what the fack is up with your quote of my post? It randomly capitalized and uncapitalized stuff.

edit: I just remembered, I have a video to upload shortly hopefully. Awesome match of Tommy G vs Seibrik on D*ck Sandwich

Kamano

Smash Journeyman

Gingerr

Smash Lord
How the FVCK did they get **** Sandwich!?
Wow.
Don't worry about crediting the people that invented that masterpiece or anything. It's all good.

Icekid

Smash Apprentice
Wow.
Don't worry about crediting the people that invented that masterpiece or anything. It's all good.
Where the **** is the credit to Nexus And CARY ****ING HILL!
Listen to my whife *****s. We be going out on a date saturday.

Zoro

Smash Champion
great venue

HOT as balls tho

fun tournament

I hate doubles i hate it!
i wish i had money to enter singles

Melee is so so so so so fun

Polmex and monk- Incredible luigi and mario man so hard to fight great matches
GDX and ABE- Individually you all woulda ***** us but teams is gay thats why i hate it
Hiroshi and Weeg- kirby improved alot brian i couldnt get to it :), weeg has a sick luigi as well great comeback against colbol

Garbanzo- most improved player ever HOW! so good.
XYZ- has the nastiest cambos
Linguini- has the nastiest ganon that i get 4 stocked with
Colbol- sandbags hardcore

AT&T- has a nasty DK and got alot better in melee
fearless- got alot better at melee too
afro leh thundah- said i smelled good lol
anybody that played me in friendlies- GGs

Im trying my best i think im improving at every tourney i go to.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
yooo, so i had fun man. i am definitely doing a lot better. im holding it down with kirby.

in teams, hbox couldnt come so i had to pick up a last minute teammate, so i ended up teaming with WeeG. we were owning though!! we lost our 1st round to chops and colbol, but then brought it back to 5th place. It was soooooooo close, i cant believe we lost our last game, gg's polmex and monk. Especially monk, you were holdiing it down with mario. It sucks we lost at the last minute though cuz we wanted our revenge on chops and colbol. (i own colbol's DDD, lol).

WeeG: good stuff man, it was fun teaming with you. How did ya like a kirby on your team?

WATO:
zoro/marin: had fun in doubles with you guys. you gotta keep teaming and owning man. Let marin pick up that falco, and own.
at&t: man, your DK is getting good. i was watching you and i was impressed. definitely improving a lot.

Everyone else: good job, and i had fun. im def holding it down hard for kirby. gimme some more time.

HUNGRYBOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: you failed for not coming and placing top 3 with me in doubles. it would have been gauranteed man.

-hiro

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
yooo, so i had fun man. i am definitely doing a lot better. im holding it down with kirby.

in teams, hbox couldnt come so i had to pick up a last minute teammate, so i ended up teaming with WeeG. we were owning though!! we lost our 1st round to chops and colbol, but then brought it back to 5th place. It was soooooooo close, i cant believe we lost our last game, gg's polmex and monk. Especially monk, you were holdiing it down with mario. It sucks we lost at the last minute though cuz we wanted our revenge on chops and colbol. (i own colbol's DDD, lol).

WeeG: good stuff man, it was fun teaming with you. How did ya like a kirby on your team?

WATO:
zoro/marin: had fun in doubles with you guys. you gotta keep teaming and owning man. Let marin pick up that falco, and own.
at&t: man, your DK is getting good. i was watching you and i was impressed. definitely improving a lot.

Everyone else: good job, and i had fun. im def holding it down hard for kirby. gimme some more time.

HUNGRYBOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: you failed for not coming and placing top 3 with me in doubles. it would have been gauranteed man.

-hiro

Life After Death

Smash Champion
i wasnt even trying vs u guys so it woulda been impossible to get revenge. i literally spammed f tilts on both of u and still won

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
Wow.

Overreact much? Afro asked if I was going to upload the video when he saw I was recording it on my phone. I didn't figure anyone would have a problem with me uploading it since I thought it was pretty amusing.

Oh and if you're offended that I didn't give credit to whoever made it, why don't you tell me who it was that made it instead of just being pissy about it.

Zoro

Smash Champion
So like does everyone agree with me yet

about how brawl sucks ****

is boring

is gay

DDD is a super ***got

and there is nothing good about it

it doesnt matter how much skill you have or dont have

it doesnt matter how much you know the game or your opponent

XYZ didnt join singles and he was right to do so
before it even started i asked him why and he said
Finals will consist of chaingrabbing and nade throwing.

He was right

hope no one gets upset because from what i was hearing yesterday everyone was pretty much in agreement on how gay brawl is.

King_Peachee

Smash Journeyman
NNID
King_Peachee
3DS FC
3754-9306-5412
Yeah so this tournament was definately worth the hour and a half trip over to Venice. I liked the smaller turn out actually, less down time. Definately had fun teaming with an amazing kirby. Wow, hiro, seriously coming back 2 v 1? That's sick, man!

Let's see...doubles

Colbol and Chops, I don't know if you were sandbagging like you keep saying but like uh...ftilt works pretty well against a luigi and kirby especially in teams. But it wasn't that big of a deal, you hit me a few times....so what : /

Garbanzo and xYz, always fun playing you guys, first time I played you both in teams though.

Zoro and Marin, good stuff. I thought it was funny we played like 10 matches before teh tourney started and ended up fighting again. Zoro, I really respect the fact that you use ganon and same goes for Marin using Peach. I will always respect people who stick to their mains. (atleast from waht I saw you guys do in doubles)

Polmex and Monk. Hahahahaha wow Polmex, come on man, you switched to snake for real after that first match? tsk tsk, only a true Luigi player sticks to his Luigi, no matter what. Haha, good games though. And monk, your mario is....awesome and weird and stuff. I wanna play you more, haha.

Oh and polmex....nice friendlies dude. 2-0 and 2-1 :-) Guess that means the standing is now 2 sets to 1 in my favor. haha, no good stuff I look forward to playing more. Luigi dittos are SICK!

Singles was fun, I always feel like I improve a little at every tournament. But UGH!!! I cannot BELIEVE I lost to Tommy G AGAIN! And this time.....the time ran out. :-( seriously? Ah, I'm glad he took third though. But ****.....haha

Colbol, our matches were fun. DDD is too good against Luigi though....I hope I represented him well haha.

Can't wait until Gigs!~

LinkSceptile333

Smash Journeyman
Man, I tanked against WeeG and Polmex...but it was so much fun.

I think xYz took my controller though, haha.

But overall, very fun.

I was the sucky Ganondorf, by the way (Criss).

Zoro

Smash Champion
i saw ur ganon and it was good jank dawg

weeg yeah man luigi aint no top tier so its awesome that ur doing so well with him

King_Peachee

Smash Journeyman
NNID
King_Peachee
3DS FC
3754-9306-5412
Man, I tanked against WeeG and Polmex...but it was so much fun.

I think xYz took my controller though, haha.

But overall, very fun.

I was the sucky Ganondorf, by the way (Criss).
Yeah man, definately fun. Don't give up on Ganon. I know how it feels man, stick wiith him and just keep playing.

Zoro

Smash Champion
im not quitting ganon
im going to use him when i know i can win with him
im just going to include meta, falco , and snake in my back ups

freddybones

Smash Journeyman
That was a fun night.

Polmex, don't sweat it man, it was the TV's fault and you know it. It failed the whole car.
Monk, you two have the best team ever created! >=D
FLUDD to SHORYUKEN combo = You win at life. Speaking of which I'll work on the video as soon as I can.

Tommy G, thanx for the tips I'll work on 'em man.

King_Peachee

Smash Journeyman
NNID
King_Peachee
3DS FC
3754-9306-5412
im not quitting ganon
im going to use him when i know i can win with him
im just going to include meta, falco , and snake in my back ups
Bah! Meta and snake?! Why?!?! You're ganon is crazy already. Why not pick up another character besides meta or snake? You know it's more fun to with a non top tier character...

Col Bol

Smash Champion
Results that I know of...

Doubles:

1. Seibrik + Galeon (1-3 Linguini+Afro in GF)
2. Linguini + Afro (? Seibrik+Galeon in WF, 3-1 in GF, 0-3 or 1-3 in 2nd set)
3. Chops + Me (Linguini+Afro 0-2, Linguini+Afro 1-3 in LF)
4. Those Two Guys That Play The Mario Brothers Good Ultimate F.L.U.D.D To SHORYUKEN Combo
5. Hiroshi + WeeG
5. Equi + Fearless

Singles:

1. Seibrik (? Tommy G in winner's semi's)
2. Chops (2-3 Sebrik in GF, 0-3 in 2nd set)
3. Tommy G (1-3, I think, Chops in WF, 1-3 Seibrik in LF)
4. Colbol (0-2 Afro, 0-2 Seibrik)
5. Equi (? in winners, 1-2 Colbol)
5. Afro (? Chops in winners, ? Seibrik in losers)
7. Abe
7. Chaz?

Also... WeeG = too good :D
and hahaha @ kamano

King_Peachee

Smash Journeyman
NNID
King_Peachee
3DS FC
3754-9306-5412
Everyone should play like the Italians do.....Mario and Luigi only
*cough* except you AND polmex use Snake, isn't that right???????????

:laugh:

And Zoro, I respect that. I wish I had gotten into the melee scene before brawl, I just knew there wasn't enough time for me to catch up....so I'll never know

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
I'm done with Snake...Playing Snake only worked out for me once...and that was back when people didn't know I played Snake...I'm going all Mario for every tournament from now on

Top Bottom