• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

gay marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
today in algebra 2 this gay kid in my class got us off topic and started discussing gay marriage whether we approve or not approve

to my suprise maebe an eighth of the class said they approve
personally im fine with it w/e it doesnt affect me enough to go agenst it
what do you guys feel on it

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Eh, I don't care much for it. Let them marry if they want, it'll only make them bigger targets for homophobes.

Wouldn't this be better suited in the proving grounds? Lol.

BEHR

Smash Hero
I say its all good if you are gay and want to get Married with your significant other. To me Gay Marriage is Human Right and you should just be able to be Married to who ever you want and that State,Government, or Churches should not tell you other wise.

Just if you are gay dont hit on me or feel up on me.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I would totally let them marry. Its for them, them marrieying has no effect on me whatsoever.

Although, I don't believe we should be able to VOTE about it. I voted no, of course, in favor of the gay community. (**** double negative)

Vts

Smash Champion
if 2 people love each other then they should get married now i'm appose of getting married before 25 so both u and ur lover gets those party years out.

and cus i like to flirt to much and rather date a lot of girls for short periods of time then 1 girl for a long time just to break up or get divorce

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
I don't have a problem with gay marraige, but at the same time, I don't see what the big deal about marraige is. If people are willing to give them "civil liberties" that are essentially legal equivalents, why aren't gay people happy with it?

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I don't give 1 single f*** if gay people get married. Let them it's not the government's job to meddle in their business, they have bigger things to worry about.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
I do approve of gay marriage. I personally can't find a non-religious reason to not allow gay marriage. If gay marriage does ever come to be but some church denies gay couples the right to marriage because thier religion perches against it then fine, I disagree with that but it's their religion and their church they can approve and disapprove what they want. But it shouldd still definitely be an option.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Well, it's really going to depend on what you want out of the union. Do you want people to know that you're together? ****, then just get a ring and parade it around! Who needs the red tape? Do you want the church to recognize it? Good luck, but chances are low, and it's really no business but the church's how they run things. Do you want it recognized by the government? Well, geez, just draw up a contract that consolidates your assets and gives you and your partner mutual power of attorney. Get some witnesses and off you go. As long as you've got a lawyer who's down with it, you can get him to draw up a contract that is verbatim a marriage license in all but name.

The whole gay marriage issue is a bizarre obsession with a word that has been laden with so many strange and useless meanings over the years that people have forgotten what it should really be about. For them, their life isn't complete without that word, and frankly, the word is worthless. If you and your partner care for each other, and are committed to each other, then all you really need is the legal recognition to act as a couple. Why obsess over the word?

If people still want the word, I think they should have it. I just think wanting it and not seeing what it means (or even trying to attach to it a meaning that it doesn't have) is immature.

Laijin

Smash Hero
This is a FACT.
Most people will SAY they don't care about gay marriage.
But for example, when it was time to vote for the amendment last year. There was a landslide victory to go against gay marriage.
Sure does show how much people care. :\

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
This is a FACT.
But for example, when it was time to vote for the amendment last year. There was a landslide victory to go against gay marriage.
It does show how much people don't care. Those that do care voted against it =/

Others are just apathetic because they don't have a stake in the battle.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
This is a FACT.
yea i remember i couldnt believe that passed
thats 1 step closer to communism if you ask me this country was made for freedom for all people(s) and apparently we take it for granted and all they want is to get married cmon people (i dont mean anyone on here i mean the world in general)

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
yea i remember i couldnt believe that passed
thats 1 step closer to communism if you ask me this country was made for freedom for all people(s) and apparently we take it for granted and all they want is to get married cmon people (i dont mean anyone on here i mean the world in general)
You don't even know what communism is . . . .

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Hey im Roman Catholic...

An i dont care xD

You should be able to get married, its your own life, you have certain liberties and freedoms NUGGGAASSSS!!!

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i dont understand why anyone would care what two random people decide to do with each other that isn't hurting anyone

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
As long as my taxes dont go up or something to that effect, I dont care if gay marriage is legal or not. I voted for it. Its not like I have to be the person to pronounce them husband and husband or wife and wife.

Master Raven

Smash Master
who gives a ****

Let them marry each other I seriously cannot believe people in this country would actually care about this sort of thing.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
lolololo
GOOD ONE HAWKS GO CAW?
MAY I GET A HIGH FIVE?
Yes you may. *High five* I don't care if you were being sarcastic >_>

---

I don't want it to look like I'm picking on you or whatever, but it's aggravating. If you want to reference corrupt government, say corrupt government or tyranny or oppression or something. I don't know. But don't say communism. The only people that really use communism for corruption are racist old white people that don't understand what communism is and like to watch Rambo because it's about a white guy killing Asians.

And how is denying gay marriage corrupt? Oppressive? Sure. Unjust? Yeah, why not. Corrupt? What?

Daysoo

Smash Ace
I think I recall South Park dealing with the whole gay marriage vs. civil unions thing at one point.
It talked about the gay community being given the equal rights afforded by 'traditional' marriage, but at the same time being kept separate from the term 'marriage'.
Hmmmm... >___>

AfroQT

Smash Master

---

I don't want it to look like I'm picking on you or whatever, but it's aggravating. If you want to reference corrupt government, say corrupt government or tyranny or oppression or something. I don't know. But don't say communism. The only people that really use communism for corruption are racist old white people that don't understand what communism is and like to watch Rambo because it's about a white guy killing Asians.

And how is denying gay marriage corrupt? Oppressive? Sure. Unjust? Yeah, why not. Corrupt? What?
Hawks Go Caw lays down the law.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion

---

i have odd word choice and im aware of that
and its cool i understand what you were saying
by corrupt i mean its being influenced by a religon which shouldnt happen in a government that was meant for that

Zoro

Smash Champion
This government was founded on christian ideals Not that everyone of the founding fathers was christian.
God is in our constitution we will have a biased christian government for a while. Its only been like...200 some years

Whether you like it or not thats the way things are for now

Marriage is viewed in the christian sense as a holy communion between a man and a woman
There is no non religious reason to deny same sex marriage that I can see. Im not trying to start a religious argument either im just saying it is what it is. I know that very soon however all mentions of religion in government will be erased. Its only a matter of time before the gays get what they want.

Another thing is many people think that the christian/religious community is the one stopping it but I dont think so. Only a very small amount of people are fighting against evolution in text books still.In my own schools there was absolutely no room for religious argument, when textbooks established evolution as a fact (its really not lol). This is a much more important issue than gay marriage ,yet no one is going crazy trying to stop it. Christians are generally pretty lazy when it comes to changing public opinion.I think the majority of americans that arnt younger than 35 disagree with gay marriage. It could be because they dont like gay people or because they grew up with the mentality that it was a bad thing. Younger people dont give a **** because....we are young lol.

Its funny because we went through this same discussion in my government class yesterday. Out of 30 people in the class one person did not raise their hand when the professor asked who is in support of gay marriage. That was me lol.

Personally I'm against it, even more gay dudes makin out in front of me...nah..i aint havin that lol
I mean if it happens i wont care but id rather it not.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I am not for it. I don't approve of being Gay. I think it's an excuse for something, because I honestly can't wrap my mind around how a one would find another of the same gender any attractive beyond friendship. :/ I mean, the instinct for survival includes our need to procreate to live on, I think. As for a marriage. That's the binding of two souls, right? So maybe it works out . . .

But I don't agree to it. I'm uneducated in the subject, but I have strong feelings against it . . . It's unfortunate a relative of mine thinks she's gay, or rather, placed in the wrong body. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom