• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon's Beard - General. Social. Rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Considering he'd be at the business end of all of Wario's wafts should that be the situation, sounds like Ganon's getting a raw deal.
Being owned by evil means that everything you do is evil, so an evil waft will only strengthen the smell of our evil lord.[/evil]

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
YAAAAAAAAAAAAY GANONDORF DIDN'T GET HIS OWN TIER!! HE'S STILL BOTTOM OF F!

LETS CELEBRATE!

Party at my place ;)

edit: oh ****, that "F" turned to a "G" I overlooked that

gawd****it!

:urg:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
So something godly occured to me.

Look at Ganon's D-smash, the 2nd hit on shields pulls people towards you. Which sucks, but what this means is there is an obscure variable in Brawl that basically allows shield knockback to be in the opposite direction of regular knockback.

Now if Ganon's Dash attack instead pulled people towards him, he would be a significantly better character. He would have *gasp* a high priority approach that is safe on BOTH spotdodge and block.

Yeah now if only...On the other hand, it is worthwhile to know that timing Dash attack really late on someone's shield so that Ganon's head is past their shield when the hitbox starts can achieve this effect.

Superspright

Smash Lord
Does it really pull people toward him, or were they 'shield di'ing'? because you can shield and move as long as you tilt it every so slightly. It works with grenades too, but they only push, iceblocks have a similar property where you can shield DI into the blocks I believe. Their knockback is abysmal, so maybe that's why.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
First hit of Ganon's dsmash always pulls people in Ganon's direction... sadly it's rarely ever enough to put them in position to get hit by the second hit of dsmash -_-

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Okay guys, I don't know if anyone has tried this, or not, but...

Dair(2x) - Utilt

I know it seems extremely farfetched, but on certain characters, more specifically the fast fallers, the wind box pulls them back to the ground, and if they don't expect it, the opponent will most likely stand straight up, catching the full effect of the Utilt. It's practically death, if they aren't on the opposite end of the stage.

On floaty characters you should Dair once and then Utilt.

The only things that take away the inescapable factor is the fact that there's not enough hitstun on Dair to lock the opponent from AD or simply mashing an attack, but most players won't think of something like that in the heat of battle, since they'll instead be DIing to get to a safe spot, and therefore, I want to know if you guys think this could be viable for Ganon?

Near the edge you can wind spike characters with weak vertical recoveries.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Does it really pull people toward him, or were they 'shield di'ing'? because you can shield and move as long as you tilt it every so slightly. It works with grenades too, but they only push, iceblocks have a similar property where you can shield DI into the blocks I believe. Their knockback is abysmal, so maybe that's why.
I didn't know about this. You learn something every day...

Technodeath

Smash Champion
CPU's are all i have to verse.

was playing against a lvl 9 mario. i accidentally utilted away from him.
he caped me and it killed him

i'm also learning some things. but shield DI isnt very applicable, like TP said.

@ Sovereign - i'll look into that Dair -> Utilt or Dair(x2) -> utilt. it seems quite nasty.

Superspright

Smash Lord
Dair utilt can work sometimes, as it can put them in a whack position, but I don't see how someone competent won't simply avoid it, or punish you? The hitstun on dair isn't THAT good.

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
I'll test that too, all though I don't think that Lv. 8/9 CPUs are exactly vulnerable to surprise tactics...then again it's possible to edgeguard them using f-tilt so I'll give it a shot.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
You guys should also try using it after you Dair near the edge. It'll wind spike them, forcing them to grab the edge, and if they sit there, they'll die. This is very situational, though.

Dair (2x) - Utilt is escapable, though. It's not 100%, but if all moves hit, it's an instant death, or 70% from 3 hits.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
my bad. I'll post this pic to balance out the gay. I may of spammed it already, but it's THAT good.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Now if Ganon's Dash attack instead pulled people towards him, he would be a significantly better character. He would have *gasp* a high priority approach that is safe on BOTH spotdodge and block.

Yeah now if only...On the other hand, it is worthwhile to know that timing Dash attack really late on someone's shield so that Ganon's head is past their shield when the hitbox starts can achieve this effect.
It does work decently, but you have to be in pretty deep (giggle.) The DA actually hits the other side of the shield it seems. If you get in that deep it looks like you can cross up ACd stomps so they're kinda safe.

So, if used properly, the following moves are fairly safe on shield...
  • B-air
  • DA
  • F-air
  • F-tilt

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Did any Ganon went to VC7? I saw a Ganon on livestream but he sucked hard... =/
Depends on when you were watching the livestream. To tell you the truth, it was probably me. If it's the match I think you're referring to (fighting a Yoshi named Delta-Cod?), it was early and I was getting the kinks out of my system, but I'm going to be honest, I played abysmally the entire tournament and lost every game in my pool. I had absolutely no control over my character, and considering that even then I kept most of my pool matches close, I had a legitimate chance to get into brackets if I played even remotely close to how I usually play. I can sit here and john about it, but it doesn't help the fact that I blew it. Hard.

I seriously don't know what's wrong with me. It's come to the point where I mess up every other input, and considering I play very technically, my entire game just gets destroyed. It's not even a mental thing that I can just relax and improve on, I just physically cannot play my character. It sucks so much because it happens every single tournament and I can't explain why it happens.

For anyone that wants to know, this was my pool:

Malcom (Wario)- Got ***** the first match, then somehow got it together and almost won the second match. Possibly the only game I played decently.
Bleachigo (Falco)- Wizkicked spiked -> water ***** him in Delfino, but still lost.
JG Wentworth (ROB)- A match I could have won, but I couldn't get it together. Seriously, ROB's not a bad matchup in the slightest.
DTM (MK)- A match I could have won, but couldn't get it together.
Blaze (Pit)- A match I could have won, but couldn't get it together.

There was also another Ganon main in the tournament named Mex, and I want to shout out to him for our dittoes and quad-Ganon teams in Bridge of Eldin. Sorry I blew it and gave Ganondorf a bad name.

@HomE

Smash Ace
It does work decently, but you have to be in pretty deep (giggle.) The DA actually hits the other side of the shield it seems. If you get in that deep it looks like you can cross up ACd stomps so they're kinda safe.

So, if used properly, the following moves are fairly safe on shield...
  • B-air
  • DA
  • F-air
  • F-tilt
U-smash? buffer a grab or jab after... i dunno

Edit:

@Clai, I think it is a mental thing if it only happens at tournys. You need to remember to enjoy what you are doing, and just sit back and focus. I think with more experience playing at a tournament setting you will come to fruition.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
@Clai, I think it is a mental thing if it only happens at tournys. You need to remember to enjoy what you are doing, and just sit back and focus. I think with more experience playing at a tournament setting you will come to fruition.
I'm not sure if it's a mental thing or not because mentally, I was pretty controlled. I think it's more physical than mental because for the most part, I knew what I was doing, but I was physically unable to get the inputs I needed. Whether it's fatigue or the fact that there might be different TV lag which requires me to change my timing slightly, I need to know and I need to know fast. I know I can do well, but I can't if my own body is holding me back.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
U-smash is in fact safe on block, but that never happens against good players. =(

If only it had the hitbox of Snake's U-tilt.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Canada beat USA for gold at hockey in the olympics for both men and women.

I'm not a huge hockey fan, but I'm still very proud.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Canada beat USA for gold at hockey in the olympics for both men and women.

I'm not a huge hockey fan, but I'm still very proud.
Norway did pretty well...
Considering there are less than 5 million people living there.

Nation | Gold | Silver | Bronze | Total

United States 9 | 15 | 13 | 37

Germany 10 | 13 | 7 | 30

Canada 14 | 7 | 5 | 26

Norway 9 | 8 | 6 | 23

Austria 4 | 6 | 6 | 16

Russian Federation 3 | 5 | 7 | 15

Korea 6 | 6 | 2 | 14

China 5 | 2 | 4 | 11

Sweden 5 | 2 | 4 | 11

France 2 | 3 | 6 | 1

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Canada has just over 33 million people, that's about 6 times more than Norway's population. USA has even more than Canada (300 million), I'm not surprised by the amount of medals they have. Canada's doing very good considering it has more gold medals than any other country.

BrokenVapor

Smash Rookie
I agree, people are always making fun of canadians for being nobodies and stuff but they're, overall, doing good. People are just jerks i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom