• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon's Beard - General. Social. Rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Hooooooooooly **** guys, take this stuff to PMs.

Yes, I did do bad at HOBO 21 as Wario, I didn't sleep at all the night before. As you guys may enjoy to hear, however, this lack of sleep was due to hours upon hours of Ganon Challenge, and I split for first in Low Tier doubles with Espy as my partner as Ganon/Sonic.

@HomE

Smash Ace
SOOo this is a little off topic but i just thought i would share my SSBB experiance from last night..

So i have this friend who isn't bad at Brawl by any means, but he REALLY loves to plays any char he can spam gay moves (lucario, pika, pit, IC's). At a certain point in the night when certain beverages are consumed, projectile spamming becomes exponentially more effective.... and this makes my friend that much more excited/proud of his spamming abilities..

after lots of trash talk we decide to do a best of 5 to see who is the champion for the night

Round1) we start off with randoms, i get yoshi... and SD 2.5 times.....Not very happy..

Round 2) I say Fk randys and pick Ganon, he picks IC's and we randy Corneria... I'm not scared of his IC's but that works against me, I'm playing sloppy and am running into alot of spam, basically going hit for hit with him.. the point when the spam got ******** was on the last stock, when he had the IC's de-sync'd(he has no idea how to do this...) at the top of the fin faceing the left just spaming de-sync'd blocks.... normally this would not be an impossible obstacle course of pain... but tonight... things are differnt... we are both at 130%+ and i loose to some random smash attack..

Round 3) He is now smiling like a little girl at horse camp... I go snake, he goes pit.. long story short I spam nades til he crys..I win.

Round 4) Ganon time again, he goes lucario (HIS FAV) now his Lucario is based 100% around rolling, grabbing, spaming AS, and throw in a jab every now and again.. literally he will just roll around and wait til i use anymove then either grab or spam a couple AS's my way... (you may be thinking "Thats sounds like the noobest Lucario EVER!")... trust me, he has had plenty of time to perfect his scruby roll/spam techs... this is usually a painful match that, if i dont play very patiently, i will get noobed to death... I really get into his head with my Gerudo this match, and 2 stock him...

ROUND 5!) this is for all the glory... He goes Ike, and I stick with my Ganon... Now its time to ****..(i have this replay recorded BTW and ill be submitting it for the combo vid) rolling over from the last match i am really trying to get under his skin with Gerudo.. and it works.. I'm (sudo)chain choking him, I'm landing things like Gerudo -> Jab -> Gerudo -> Jab -> Uair from 0%... hes getting angry. after 2 stocks of being ***** by my Gerudo follow-ups i notice he is starting to delay inputs after i Gerudo, somehow thinking this will save him from the destruction... I've got him at about 100% I land a Gerudo and Down tilted F-smash him off the ground FTW..

Sorry for the very long(pointless) story.. just thought i would let you know what my Ganon did last night

<3

:034:

TP

Smash Master
In other news, Winter Break just started for me, and I can now play everybody online. I need lots of fresh experience against lots of characters.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Winter Break starts Friday for me, as I don't get home from school until late tomorrow. After that, it's looking up the LI/NYC smash scenes and getting as much exp/Ganonrape as I can.

I know lots of characters, but I'm only proficient in a few. Brawl is so much more fun when you're playing fast than when you're just standing there waiting for something to happen while throwing projectiles (looking at you, Snake...).

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Alright guys, we have way too many stickied threads. Which do you guys think is the most/least useful, since I want to remove about half of the stickies if possible.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Combining two or more threads as one would be rather good.

Ganon's Hitbox & Frame Data don't really deserve separate threads.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
I like the idea of combining some of them, because I don't think many/any of them are useless.

"Techs and Skills" could be combined with :Murder:

"Lair" with Q&A.

Someone once linked to the Fox's topic that had pretty much everything. We might be able to combine all four of those topics above if we used an organization like the Fox boards used.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Frame data, hitbox bubbles, and the techs and skills threads should be consolidated into the main Ganon guide. You could even de-sticky the Friend Finder if you choose to do so.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I'll take that as a "no." No wonder I hardly come here.

Ice Climbers match-up: 0:100? Seriously?
Yeah, I'm thinking the advancing Blizzard thing is just a scare.

It's only virtually and practically unwinnable. You can still do things on prediction.

And we haven't seen what ISJR can add, here, although I am thinking that it isn't really infinite, and can only go three times.

1:99, definitely. :|

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord

It's only virtually and practically unwinnable. You can still do things on prediction.

And we haven't seen what ISJR can add, here, although I am thinking that it isn't really infinite, and can only go three times.

Well, because 0:100 is a statistic (meaning that it's true most of the time, but not all of the time), there's no point in distinguishing between 1:99 and 0:100.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord

You can go for as long as you want, as long as you time it right. I've gone about ten or eleven times before messing up before

TP

Smash Master
Do NOT start another 0-100 or 1-99 argument. We've heard it all before.

Kofu, they probably don't care enough to see those Ganon dittos. They've all done HUNDREDS of dittos themselves. They've seen it all before.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
God, it's soooooooo hard to play Ganon. Especially against good people.....

it's just discouraging at times.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Nidoking is my profile picture on facebook now.

:034::034::034:
I beat you to it, I did it like 3 days ago!

:D

I have a lot of work to do with Ganon still. One of the funnest matchups for Ganon in Brawl is G&W, I think. I played one in a small tourney yesterday and got *****, but it was very fun to beat his Dair with Uair by spacing it so it hit him in the side was he came down....

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Protip:

Ganon may not be faster than Human reaction,

but he *is* faster than Link's moveset on reaction.

:cool:

Get in and **** **** up. :laugh:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Argh, there's an annoying tendency lately to ban Pirate Ship and Norfair. What can I do without Pirate Ship and Norfair?

TP

Smash Master
Argh, there's an annoying tendency lately to ban Pirate Ship and Norfair. What can I do without Pirate Ship and Norfair?
It definitely hurts to lose those CPs. Your best bet in my opinion becomes Delfino, except don't pick it against MK, ROB, Jiggs, Ike, Kirby, or DDD. Against them, just choose PS1, except DDD you should take to a shorter stage like BF.

Clai

Smash Lord
Kirby is quite the manly character. I've used him for quite a while before his lack of mobility and five jumps messed me up too much. Lose the puff, Kirby's where it's at.

If you want lulz, combo Samboner with Kirby and then when he's expecting a hit/finisher, taunt in his face. Kirby's taunt is so good 'cause it's quick enough to do without the opponent realizing what you're doing.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Kirby is quite the manly character. I've used him for quite a while before his lack of mobility and five jumps messed me up too much. Lose the puff, Kirby's where it's at.

If you want lulz, combo Samboner with Kirby and then when he's expecting a hit/finisher, taunt in his face. Kirby's taunt is so good 'cause it's quick enough to do without the opponent realizing what you're doing.
I use both Kirby and Jigglypuff. But my Jigglypuff handles Diddy, has a chance against Ice Climbers and is fun to use when I want a challenge. Also, many people dropped puff for mk, wario, or quit brawl for brawl+. I didn't want to be one of them. :(

Also i only act gay with taunts offline unless i put something funny on wifi

Clai

Smash Lord
That sounds fun, as long as we're all civil with the whole process and we don't simply use it as a ways to boost our egos. We should start by handing an award that only Inui can win (and not in the good way).

Now that I have no school to take up my time for now, I've always wanted to write up a manliness tier list, if only to write pages about how Ganondorf is far, far manlier than every other character in the game. Just in case I needed more evidence that I'm the manliest Ganon :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom