• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

mlorenzo

Smash Journeyman
I am insulted!

You're talking to a Tales veteran of Phantasia, Destiny, Destiny-R, Rebirth, Legendia, Symphonia, Vesperia and Abyss. *supercilious scoff*

:ganondorf:
I haven't play Destiny-r, Rebirth, and Legendia, but I have beat Symphonia 6 times lol. Vesperia was one of my favorites Tales. So does this qualify me as a Veteran :bee: :bee:

Did Legendia had a good story?
:falcon:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I haven't play Destiny-r, Rebirth, and Legendia, but I have beat Symphonia 6 times lol. Vesperia was one of my favorites Tales. So does this qualify me as a Veteran :bee: :bee:

Did Legendia had a good story?
:falcon:
Legendia was unfulfilled potential in my opinion. It was an offbeat Tales game made by the Soul Calibur team, actually, of Namco. Its biggest successes:

1. Great character development.
2. Really unique music.
3. Senel (the protagonist) is a pugilist, so he uses his ****ing FISTS.
4. Really, really gorgeous world and artstyle.

The bad:

1. Random encounter rates are frustratingly high. Takes forever to make it through dungeons.
2. Story is a little... eh. It has huge potential, but it kinda just flatlines halfway through. Though, a lot of the emphasis is placed on the characters as opposed to the story.
3. PAINFULLY linear.

It's still great though. 7.5/10 for me.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
fair is such an underated move... it is GREAT oos (probably ganon's best oos option), has decent KO potential, and can be used to edgeguard people thanks to its super armor frames

Heartstring

Smash Legend
ive never played any tales games ^.^

also i never knew fair has SAF. is that to make up for its lack of autocancel frames?

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
ive never played any tales games ^.^

also i never knew fair has SAF. is that to make up for its lack of autocancel frames?
You should get to playing some Tales games, then, and forget about Ganon's Fair, since it's clear we already know what it's capable of, and didn't need to get off the current discussion at hand. trollcangobainao

I've only played Tales of Symphonia 1 and 2. I like 1 a lot but love 2 for Emil and Marta.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I should get skype... but I'm oh so shy when it comes to talking. I find text-based convos on AIM and Yahoo Messenger to be easier for me. Unless Skype can do the same thing, with talking as an option. >.>

Heartstring

Smash Legend
You should get to playing some Tales games, then, and forget about Ganon's Fair, since it's clear we already know what it's capable of, and didn't need to get off the current discussion at hand. trollcangobainao

I've only played Tales of Symphonia 1 and 2. I like 1 a lot but love 2 for Emil and Marta.
when i get bored of brawl, i shall...but theres a good few years yet

also, add me on skype: Thomas Scott, norwich
we should have a nice big ganon-chat

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well if you wanted to do it via skype names that would have been tons easier XD
regardless i wont be actually talknig for now, as a sore throat is taking me down like aerial gerudo XD

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
you should get to playing some tales games, then, and forget about ganon's fair, since it's clear we already know what it's capable of, and didn't need to get off the current discussion at hand. Trollcangobainao

i've only played tales of symphonia 1 and 2. I like 1 a lot but love 2 for emil and marta.

whhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaatttt

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
whhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaatttt

YES!!! Their cheesy love build-up pierces my heart.

Emil is mainly the reason though. His whole development in the story is amazing. I like how he is the key to the whole story, while being the main character, because lots of other games fail at that.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
My Brawl-CD looks just like new, yet my Wii can't read it.
I've got no problems with my other games.

Anyone else?

edit:
Exalted is 2 good at MKwii.
We played a lot of Head to Head-races a moment ago,
and, not only is he a better driver than me,
he also gets all the best items *John* .

Exalted

Smash Lord
Awww, Z1G is such good loser :p

You weren't too bad yourself, but your vehicle choices aren't the best *cough*Aeroglider/Manual*cough*

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Awww, Z1G is such good loser :p

You weren't too bad yourself, but your vehicle choices aren't the best *cough*Aeroglider/Manual*cough*
I hate the fact that Auto >>>> Manual with some vehicles.

btw, I rarely use the Aeroglider.
My favourite is Concerto.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I challenge you all to any of the following games:

MKWii
Metroid Prime: Hunters
UMK3 DS
BlazBlue
Virtua Fighter 5

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Oh, I so wanna race in Mario Kart Wii now! I have the game and 3 starred everything! XD

Hang on, and I'll get my MKWii Friend Code.

@
Vermanubis: I used to own Hunters... I loved that game. But I sort of gave it away, since I accidentally left it behind when I moved to Spokane, WA a few years back. D:

Edit:
Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 3052-2875-1622. :3

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I so wish I could use Skype right now. This comp has no mic though. :((((

I'll just use this morphogenetic field here to transmit my thoughts. brb

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I so wish I could use Skype right now. This comp has no mic though. :((((

I'll just use this morphogenetic field here to transmit my thoughts. brb
Huh, come to think of it, I don't know if my laptop has a built in mic, so I don't know if I'll be able to talk on Skype. I really didn't think that through.

By the way, my Skype name is "soldiviner". :3

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I challenge you all to any of the following games:

MKWii
Metroid Prime: Hunters
UMK3 DS
BlazBlue
Virtua Fighter 5
You're lucky I don't have my DS at the moment, nor any idea where my MPH card is.

SYLUX ALT SPAMMING ALL DAY EVERY DAY.

Unrelated, but short hair feels really weird.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Okay, I'll accept it tomorrow.
Tomorrow?! o.O

Why tomorrow? Isn't it easier to... you know what? Nevermind; I tend to procrastinate on things like that. For example: I'm supposed to be playing Final Fantasy XIII right now and try to get that Platinum Trophy. As you can see, I'm doing great at that right now, huh? XD

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I'd like to grow longer hair, but the transitional period between short to long hair is a biscuit.
I'll agree. It wasn't until year two or three before my hair actually started looking good, all things considered.

Top Bottom