• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I should probably make a small series of comics/mangas revolving around Ganondorf's exploits and call it "The Story of the Beard" and post it on the Ganon Boards. Doesn't seem like a bad idea. I have an art tablet for my lappy too... I just need Photoshop. I'll probably get it from my friend. What do you guys think? :3

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I have a confession to make:
I am one of the worst Ganons in the whole world when it comes to matches in heavy delay.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
It's when you're lagging like balls online.
Nope, it's not.

Delay =/= Lag

Delay is the time it takes for your inputs to be registered.
Lag is when the game freezes, moves on, freezes, moves on.

I'm used to 6 ~ 8 frames of delay, no lag. (Blue/Green dot connection.)
If there's more than 10 frames of delay, it's virtually impossible to buffer properly,
since the Buffering Window is 10 frames.

You have to like... prebuffer your buffering. :rotfl:

Of course, offline is the absolute best way to enjoy this game,
but when on wifi, it makes me sick if the delay is like 12+. :scared:

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Heavy delay is also called lag, but the difference is that one lag where the game's speed contantly slows down is called "lag spikes" while the delay lag is called "input lag".

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Nope, it's not.

Delay =/= Lag

Delay is the time it takes for your inputs to be registered.
Lag is when the game freezes, moves on, freezes, moves on.
Wikipedia said:
Lag is a common word meaning to fail to keep up or to fall behind.[1] In real-time applications, the term is used when the application fails to respond in a timely fashion to inputs.[2][3]

Lag is also often used in reference to video games to describe the delay (or latency) between an action by a player and the reaction of the game.[4]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lag

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
It figures the one game that has virtually no REAL competive following (it does, but a small, pointless one) is the one with the best online.

Exalted

Smash Lord
I've participated in numerous "clan wars" while I was a member of a MKWii forum, and let me tell you that lag will punish you. Red shells warping trough your defenses etc.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Ahhh, well, in that case, I play on an HDTV. My component cables reduce the lag to near lagless levels. In fact, I don't even notice it, but it's still there apparently. That said, I can hold my own in some input lag situations, but it depends on the amount of input lag, the character I use, and - to a lesser extent - the matchup. Regardless, it's still annoying all the same.

Also, concerning Mario Kart Wii, the Wi-Fi is by far the best on the Wii (from what I've played). Of course, any lag that's suffered is translated into teleporting opponents and items, but at least it doesn't affect your performance. I wish Brawl worked in a similar way. I honestly would prefer to deal with teleporting Ikes and Toon Links than deal with lag spikes. That's just me though. D:

GoV

Smash Cadet
Z1GMA! And Other Minions that might love Timesplitters!

It's Almost official!
A NEW TIMESPLITTERS :3

I of course am VERY hyped etc, and I shall be following every little news thingy about it until it's official.

Timesplitters 4 ♥♥♥

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I never played "Timesplitters". Actually, the only system I've owned until last month was a Wii. Now that I have a PS3, and even a PC, I can hopefully do some catching up on some of the really beastly video games that were never released on the Wii... which is to say a ton of them. XD

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Z1GMA! And Other Minions that might love Timesplitters!

It's Almost official!
A NEW TIMESPLITTERS :3

I of course am VERY hyped etc, and I shall be following every little news thingy about it until it's official.

Timesplitters 4 ♥♥♥
Wow! Sick news!

Wii? PS? Xbox?

Imagine CTB online with great Weapon Balance and a sick Game Engine *drool*

Heartstring

Smash Legend
never really liked timesplitters...then again thats probably just because its a shooter, i am SO bad at them XD

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I'm not really that good at shooters, but they're fun, nonetheless.
I believe I'm decent.

I excel at CTF, though.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Exalted, in på MKwii - Nu.
Massa svennar som ska lira.

Min FC: 2320 - 6263 - 6904

Lägg till makke, också: 1719-5263-4611

Inväntar din FC:

Top Bottom