• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
And Vikings kill dragons! Or make them their pets, which is what Ganon would do. But then Ganon would go shove them in a dungeon to protect the keys to his downfall.

GoV

Smash Cadet
Crytek UK is probably only going for PS3 and 360. So no Wii! :D

WHich makes me happy because the wii (The crappy console it is) doesn't deserve a godly game like Timesplitters 4.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Crytek UK is probably only going for PS3 and 360. So no Wii! :D

WHich makes me happy because the wii (The crappy console it is) doesn't deserve a godly game like Timesplitters 4.
You know what's sad? As much respect as I have for the Wii for being a Nintendo console and releasing classics like DKCR, Brawl, Mario Galaxy, etc., I have to agree. The Wii just can't handle the other system's power and is pretty much forced to have original games unique to itself.

Ever played Star Wars: The Force Unleashed? On the 360 and PS3, the game looks fantastic, but on the Wii, the graphics are so crude in comparison, and the game overall, in terms of level design, is completely different. It's quite disappointing. You can't even get a black lighsaber in the Wii port. The only "good" thing, is the controls with the remote and Nunchuck, but that feature is heavily outweighed by how inferior the graphics and experience is compared to the other versions.

This is why I hope Nintendo steps it up a huge amount with their next gen console some years down the road. Imagine, an HD Smash Bros. game with graphics on a system whose power rivals that of the PS3. It'd be fantastic, no? You can just imagine the detail they could put into it. :D

P.S. It's weird, but I find myself on the Ganonboards more and more, while I visit the R.O.B. (my Brawl main) boards less and less. Poor guys, I should visit them more often. XD

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Fair enough.

Just don't forget that the best versions of TS2/TS3 took place on the Gamecube.
Not the grafix, but everything else.

GoV

Smash Cadet
Well, I got TS2/TS3 on Gamecube AND PS2.
But don't misunderstand me.
I LOVE The gamecube, I Hate the wii :3

I play both versions but the PS2 version of TS2 and TS3 > the gamecube version in content and quality.
:/

So I don't want to see that happen on the wii.
But, on the other hand, if it's on the wii it means more sales + The controls could be pretty fun and I sure as hell want everyone to play TS4 so infact I don't care much as long as it's gonna be on the PS3 :3

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I'm merely screaming at all of those who lack proper grammar.
Blah! My grammar isn't the worst in the world. I mean, it's not like I type the way some people do when texting, like "where r u" and nonsense of the like. Sure I have typos here and there, but blah! You and your... grammar stuff! XD

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Haven't touched Brawl competitively in over a year, looking for some casuals, add me if you want.
I'll add you a bit later. I'm busy with Final Fantasy XIII at the moment. I haven't played Brawl (with someone) in a while, so I may be rusty myself. It's a win/win for us. XD

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Hey, FF XIII isn't a bad game... it just isn't the best Final Fantasy. :p

Anywho, gil and CP-grinding is getting on my nerves, so I'll add you now. I'll be on wi-fi in a few. XD

Be warned, there may be some diesel lag spikes... I'll explain later. X___x

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Hey, Sukai. How's ToG? I've been itching for another Tales game. Bamco perfected story with Tales of the Abyss, and gameplay with Vesperia, so I'm hoping either Graces or Xilia will be mindblowing.

FFIV > *.

Prove me wrong.
In the field of sentential logic, we call that a tautology. Only stupid people try to disprove tautologies. :3

Sukai

Smash Champion
Graces was made by Team Destiny, unlike Abyss and Vesperia which was made by Team Symphonia, so it's very much unlike what you're familiar with, if you've played Destiny 2, then you should be familiar with it.

TP is replaced with CC, and there is a 360 sidestep, there is free run, but it's costly.

I'd recommend it to anyone willing to import it and hack their Wii to play it.
If you got a PS3, go ahead and get GracesF.

I'm hype for Xillia.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
The only Tales game I've ever played (and beaten) was Tales of Phantasia for the SNES. Of course, I had to play it on an emulator, but the game was fantastic. I hear they made a port for the GBA with updated graphics. I haven't played the GBA version, but honestly, I'd prefer the SNES. I wonder if the Virtual Console will release it in North America as an import. Knowing our luck, probably not. D:

Reim

Smash Journeyman
I have completed Tales of Vesperia, as well as Symphonia 1 and 2.
I tried going at Phantasia, but it seemed too old after having played the others first. A shame really.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I tried going at Phantasia, but it seemed too old after having played the others first. A shame really.
Aww, that is a shame. It really is a fantastic game. Oddly enough, I have more of an affinity with sprite-based games than with 3-D modeled-games. Fusing the two, as seen in Xenogears is perfectly fine too. That said, it's not as if I don't like the current games. XD

Rangerike

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Thatsrike
I played every Tales gave up to date. I would have to say I liked Destiny the best and one I disliked was Tempest.

Reim

Smash Journeyman
Aww, that is a shame. It really is a fantastic game. Oddly enough, I have more of an affinity with sprite-based games than with 3-D modeled-games. Fusing the two, as seen in Xenogears is perfectly fine too. That said, it's not as if I don't like the current games. XD
Same actually. The only problem is that if I've played an "up-to-date" version a game, I have trouble pulling myself together to get into a version, in this case, 2 generations older.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
"Damn it" would be a more accurate phrasing.

As fun as this is, I'll stop now :D
that's probably for the best, as with the amount of unintentional spelling mistakes i make your head would probably explode
i am officially a grammer nazi's worst enemy

...and i just read what i just typed, this must be the first time ive ever not made a typo

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Graces was made by Team Destiny, unlike Abyss and Vesperia which was made by Team Symphonia, so it's very much unlike what you're familiar with, if you've played Destiny 2, then you should be familiar with it.

TP is replaced with CC, and there is a 360 sidestep, there is free run, but it's costly.

I'd recommend it to anyone willing to import it and hack their Wii to play it.
If you got a PS3, go ahead and get GracesF.

I'm hype for Xillia.
I am insulted!

You're talking to a Tales veteran of Phantasia, Destiny, Destiny-R, Rebirth, Legendia, Symphonia, Vesperia and Abyss. *supercilious scoff*

:ganondorf:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Ah, but you haven't played Versus or Innocence.

Thus I have played more tales games than you.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Seeing as I've only played Phantasia, does that make me the one with the least number of "Tales" games under my belt? XD

Those who haven't played a "Tales" game shouldn't be counted. :p

Top Bottom