• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I wish that weren't square. It'd be my background in a second.

Actually **** it, it's my background.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Smashfest tonight, I'm gonna get a ****-ton of replays since I know you guys miss my ganondorf molesting your eyes.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Lately I've been thinking about our Ftilt. I've started to use this many times I would otherwise jab. How can a spaced one be? I've escaped unpunished a lot of times I hit a shield with the tip of the Ftilt. It also seems to be a decent OoS option and what it helps me is that it's our fastest ground kill move along Dash Attack, but with the difference of the Ftilt being safer on shield, it seems to also be good at surprising the opponent with the surprisingly height it has when they're offstage and slightly above me.

Another thing I like about this one is that's it's easier to keep this move fresh compared to our Dash Attack, so it's easier to kill with that at higher percents.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
theyre the good things about the ftilt, the one thnig that gets me and my playstyle is the fact that it has a surprisingly low range (which is very odd seeing as the actual move seems to hit from a mile away in TP) and in most cases (sadly for me, ike isnt one of those cases) just by holding away from ganon after a flame choke puts you out of range of the ftilt, which would be a nice guaranteed kill move on characters like olimar.

but yes, its great for those with crappy horizontal recoveries (like ike, once again) as the mvoe has crazy low trajectory on it
i just dont like i personally, i play at mid range at all times if possible XD

Bloodynite

Smash Ace
ftilt just seems to risky compared to his jab and really should only be used to finish someone off

and as me and verm discussed at pound.... wtf was Sakurai thinking making ganon lean BACK when doing the ftilt? i mean his ftilt has less range than marios ftilt even though ganon has FREAKING LONGER LEGS!

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Actually they are as large as Snake. Ganon just scaled himself down because he pities those weaker than him, how they will never know the sweet tang of omnipotence.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
About F-tilt, it's a decent move but D-tilt outclasses it. D-tilt is a better spacing move and it can Shieldpoke your opponent. Plus you can get some follow-ups at low percent and it's a safer move overall because D-tilt has a little bit more range. You can abuse D-tilt more than F-tilt.

Also, hi guys.:bee:

:250:

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Dtilt really isn't good for spacing. He really can't afford to stand still for that long if he's trying to avoid getting hit, and he definitely can't afford sticking his hurtbox out that far. Plus, a lot of chars can punish it OoS, and even if they can't punish it OoS directly, it still puts Ganon at a bad position after he hits their shield because it's a slow move (not compared to the rest of Ganon's moves, but in general), and he's put at a frame disadvantage.

I'll land the occasional Dtilt by just throwing it out, but its only really viable use is as a guaranteed followup after Gerudo, especially at low %'s. If they're at 0% and you get a gerudo, you should always Dtilt (assuming it's guaranteed), because one of three things will happen after the Dtilt lands:

1. Your opponent gets hit by the Dtilt and air dodges into the ground. This seems to happen about 40-50% of the time--follow up with another Gerudo, another Dtilt (followed by a gerudo if they air dodge again), or anything else really.

2. If your opponent has a fast Nair, they'll often throw that out after getting hit by the Dtilt, because they think you'll try to run up and punish their air dodge. This is usually vs. MKs, Luigis, Marios, G&Ws, etc. Just Dtilt then don't move, then once they hit the ground, Gerudo them because they'll get landing lag from Nair.

3. The rest of the time, they will double jump away immediately after the hitstun from the Dtilt ends. If you think they'll do this (it happens about as much as option #1), run up and Uair them immediately. It will usually hit them. This is good because you just robbed them of their double jump, and now you get to punish their landing too. Try to gerudo them as they land.

These options can be messed up if your opponent has an invincible up B move like shuttle loop or parachute or something, but hopefully you get the general idea.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah tbh i tend to use dtilt less that i used to, anyone else a big fan of retreating b-airs these days?

Bloodynite

Smash Ace
actually i love doing retreating bairs even though i know they can't hit most of the cast.

for some reason though i do use it ALOT more on brinstar though, possibly so if i DO mess up a hop then it won't be so bad compared to a dair

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Dtilt really isn't good for spacing. He really can't afford to stand still for that long if he's trying to avoid getting hit, and he definitely can't afford sticking his hurtbox out that far. Plus, a lot of chars can punish it OoS, and even if they can't punish it OoS directly, it still puts Ganon at a bad position after he hits their shield because it's a slow move (not compared to the rest of Ganon's moves, but in general), and he's put at a frame disadvantage.
Fair point. Perhaps I exaggerated it when I said it's a good spacing move but I still stand for my opinion that D-tilt outclasses F-tilt. It has more range(if the opponent is on the ground), is faster(even though the move itself isn't that fast) and has some nice follow up options on low percent.

:250:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i didnt go to my prom
i regret it a small amount. but i didnt want to spend any more time with my fellow students at school anymore than i needed to, hated all of them to hell as soon as i found out people only talked to me because i listened to their problems.
but thats past history. colege is the place to be man

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Dtilt is definitely better than Ftilt, but Ftilt can help killing when you have trouble landing other kill moves and/or the other kill moves are horribly stale. Then it has its uses as a guaranteed Gerudo follow-up against those it works on especially against chars like Ivysaur, Olimar, Ike or Ness, maybe DDD as well, at like 60%+ and close to the edge. I mentioned before the relative safeness on shield when near perfectly spaced as well (we don't have many moves safe on shield) and it has a better shield push than our jab.

Also King of Murder Ftilt and Dtilt have exactly the same start-up and Dtilt only ends 4 frames faster than Dtilt. Maybe I've started to find good uses of it because I've become much better at tapping the Control Stick lightly.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
So, it's prom tomorrow.

It was nice knowing you all.
I know you have needs and all, but remember, she's still an innocent girl and it's a big night for her. For once, asking "What would Ganondorf do?" is not the right way to handle this situation.

Also King of Murder Ftilt and Dtilt have exactly the same start-up and Dtilt only ends 4 frames faster than Dtilt. Maybe I've started to find good uses of it because I've become much better at tapping the Control Stick lightly.
Ganon's so good he kills you with moves before they even come out.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
the deal with dtilt over ftilt is the fact that its got more range and pokes the shield better.
i dunno though, i tend not to use them much compared to how i use to play, the extension of the hurtbox kinda ruins it for me.
in all honesty i use u-smash as my grounded kick move. its not THAT slow and no-ones really going to try and go against it. the IASA frames allow it to be safe from people trying to punish the ending lag. its more of a mindgame than anything

Exalted

Smash Lord
Wait..
Prom....

On a wednesday?!
Yep :0
Today was some kind of ceremonial dinner and tomorrow's the graduation ceremony in which I'll **** everyone's ears using my piano skills. Only downside is that I'll have to play inside a blasphemous house of God. Ganon give me strength.

Oh, GP, I didn't murder anyone but I did kill the dancefloor.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
congratulations. make sure the piano play gets recorded. i expect it to sound something like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWZ3zbyR3KY
if not i shall be sorely disspointed :p
also guys, my cats seems to have belonged to ganondorf during one of its 9 lives. i woke up today to find a plethora of different animals dead at the foot of my bed (seriously must have been like , most of which bigger than the actual cats themselves), i thought i'd cleared them all up and went back to business. went to pick up my work trousers and another dead bird flopped out of them. i admit i screamed a ton. it was unexpected
do THESE look like the faces of murder?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
fair play
so humans get redeye on camera, and cats get blueye
yes, murderous eyes indeed, funny thing was it was the other one which did it
my dozens of newly written coursework is now splattered in birdie blood yknow ~_~

Top Bottom