• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I actually alternate between as many different ways of saying "Pop" as I can think of.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Coffe? You should get that checked out, you may be coming down with something.

Also I'll be doing the writeup for Wario soon, life is causing me to be pretty busy right now.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I lost the entire writeup yesterday when the site got hacked, and it was thrown into maintenance mode.

God damn it.

Making things worse, THE SEARCH IS BROKEN AGAIN.

TP

Smash Master
You should change the Fluttershy in your sig to the time when she's afraid of her own shadow. It's perfect.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I had that one for a while, actually. I changed it because K Prime had pretty much the exact same thing. He changed his though, so I might go back to it soon :3

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'm high on alcohol rite nao. But I think water is still amazing, cuz it makes you better at consuming alcohol. Doesn't change that Waterboy is lulzy.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Welcome back Reim and Eskay.

So apparently we can crouch cancel to reduce hitlag to 2/3. Slight use against Falco's lasers, perhaps?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Welcome back Reim and Eskay.

So apparently we can crouch cancel to reduce hitlag to 2/3. Slight use against Falco's lasers, perhaps?
Unfortunately that hardly means anything when you don't have a grab or Jab to stop Falco from walking over you in close range. You're better off powershielding. Which still is a losing strategy against Falco as well.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
the reduced hitlag thing work quite well against like samus z-air if it ever gets you on the ground, i cant think of much use against higher tier characters though

Heartstring

Smash Legend
wifi, sweden, just so you know. you need to step up the in-person tournaments, youve got a fair amount of players from what i know, i met izaw and such, you could have a decent community starting up!

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
We should totally have a Ganon-only tournament. Set up a tourney at around where the most Ganons are (which seems to be Europe) and somehow get everyone there. It'd be awesome.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I only used Snake against you Makke. I went all Ike against everyone else. Everyone in the wifi tourney except Makke and me (and maybe JerkPhil) was laughably easy.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Oh dear Ganon, we have <three> Ganon pures posting on the same page on the Ganon boards!

It's the end!

Z1g, you tried MK9 yet?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yknow, ive had so many thoughts about going pure ganon. but simply put my technical skill just isnt good enough XD but at fests when i get bored of whichever main im using at the time (either ike or rob, currently ike) ill go ganon. it does well, but it would stick me well and truly at the bottom of the PR XD

Clai

Smash Lord
Oh dear Ganon, we have <three> Ganon pures posting on the same page on the Ganon boards!

It's the end!

Z1g, you tried MK9 yet?
I'm assuming you go with the 40 posts per page in the forums. Otherwise, which three Ganons are you talking about?

I really want to get good with MvC3, but that means going to the lab for hours to practice the nuances of the game and I'd rather spend that time working on Ganon. I dabble in so many games but I'm only proficient in a few of them.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i understand you, ive trying to get into mvc3 because all the others smashers are, and the games ia bit fun anyway. but my hands are just too slow for the commands XD
i say that, i use hulk spencer and zero, its kinda hard to be too slow to use them XD

Heartstring

Smash Legend
if you want someone who doesn't need too fast commands use dormammu mah boi
allow me to rephrase
characters that dont need dragonpunch to be done in combo's
really, what *** decided that the Z motion was a good idea? couldnt they have jsut done quarter circle down, or even just hold forward or back, trollin programmers man

Clai

Smash Lord
Guys.
Approaching with ganon is ridic.
How do you do it.
By holding the control stick in the direction of where the opponent is and pressing the shield button when a projectile comes your way.

You're not going to want to approach all the time, obviously, because your opponent will figure you out and expose your patterns, but that's generally how you do it.

Clai

Smash Lord
Take some time to learn your opponent's camping patterns, shield the grenades that come your way, and slowly, but delibrately close the gap between yourself and the opponent, while keeping your defensive options open in case the Snake player wants to get aggressive and dictate the flow the way he wants to.

Basically, show your opponent that you're not afraid to handle his camping and make the opponent play your game. Approach when you want to and make sure every approach counts for something.

Top Bottom