• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
WHOA

Since when have we had a cleaned up version of "The Chart" in the guide?

*EDIT* It's even small enough to be printed on one sheet!

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
If you grab the ledge and wait, it's not risky at all, and you can simply getup from the ledge if it didn't work out. If you guessed right as she was going to tether, then she's open in lag, and you have a potential opportunity to capitalize. Hitting her with an aerial offstage is by far the fastest way to kill Samus. You can't usually kill her onstage for the most part since her Z-air covers too many of your options usually.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
What is the best way to punish a get-up attack when you land an Aerudo? I've had trouble witht that.

_Dice

Smash Ace
So, Ganons. I am MMing someone soon Ganon vs Metaknight, on Rainbow, then Brinstar, then Delfino. what exactly should i be on the look out to take advantage of.
I lost 0-2, first game on rainbow ended up last hit, game 2 on brinstar i would have won but i guessed which level of lava the stage was going to wrong and died for it (was last hit as well)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
The problem with grab after aerial Flame Choke is that it's really character specific to pull off correctly. And chances are you need to powershield to make it reliable. If only because of F-throw, it would be the best option, minus the fact it's the trickiest to pull off on a lot of the cast.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
getup attacks are really character specific, because certain characters attack back, then front. front, then back, or both at the same time.
i enjoy resetting the situation with another gerudo. but normally i just jab after shielding a getup attack

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
So here is my question for you all....
Can you gerudo> wizkick (the one where you jump right before you kick..... aka a very fast move). I would test it myself to satisfy my curiosity but my Wii needs cleaned and I don't feel like shipping it off when I only have a few weeks left before I can no longer play it.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Can you gerudo> wizkick (the one where you jump right before you kick..... aka a very fast move). I would test it myself to satisfy my curiosity but my Wii needs cleaned and I don't feel like shipping it off when I only have a few weeks left before I can no longer play it.
You mean Gerudo > Quake? Yeah, you can on some characters.

Also, I'm most likely gonna be done with locals in Brawl pretty soon. My interest has been sucked completely into Mortal Kombat, and I just have no drive when I play anymore. I played a few matches at Anime Boston, and I could just feel my loss of love. I'm definitely gonna keep it up at large regionals/nationals/MMs, but I think my local traveling is done for now. Can't say for the future, but I think it's safe to say my drive to play and perform is diminished.

My issue right now is I don't like playing in recent times unless I'm against a really good player that I want to make an impact on. I feel like I have nothing to prove either to them or myself unless they're really top-tier players.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i get where youre coming from, i mean i think jsut about every already knows you as that guy who can beat the **** through everyone with the worst character in the game, and using a bad character is solely because you want to prove something, i think youve already done that
but still, best of luck in your other ventures

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Same characters you can D-tilt after Flame Choke. It's not worth it though.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
You mean Gerudo > Quake? Yeah, you can on some characters.

Also, I'm most likely gonna be done with locals in Brawl pretty soon. My interest has been sucked completely into Mortal Kombat, and I just have no drive when I play anymore. I played a few matches at Anime Boston, and I could just feel my loss of love. I'm definitely gonna keep it up at large regionals/nationals/MMs, but I think my local traveling is done for now. Can't say for the future, but I think it's safe to say my drive to play and perform is diminished.

My issue right now is I don't like playing in recent times unless I'm against a really good player that I want to make an impact on. I feel like I have nothing to prove either to them or myself unless they're really top-tier players.
Yeah, I know what you mean. My problem is a lack of transportation, and Western Massachusetts isn't exactly known for a Brawl scene (or Smash in general). I'll probably end up in the same boat as you and focus more on Mortal Kombat, since I've been enjoying that game a lot... though I probably will be unable to even play that competitively for the same reason as Brawl. Now, this doesn't mean I'm quitting Brawl or anything; it's that I'm gonna focus on other games, seeing as practicing Brawl isn't gonna mean much if I don't have reliable transportation to tournies.

For what it's worth, it was nice meeting you, Verm. My only regret(s) would be having been too late to apply for the tourny hosted by Fatal, and being unable to have a friendly against you. At least we had some fun teams going.

:phone:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Yeah, I know what you mean. My problem is a lack of transportation, and Western Massachusetts isn't exactly known for a Brawl scene (or Smash in general). I'll probably end up in the same boat as you and focus more on Mortal Kombat, since I've been enjoying that game a lot... though I probably will be unable to even play that competitively for the same reason as Brawl. Now, this doesn't mean I'm quitting Brawl or anything; it's that I'm gonna focus on other games, seeing as practicing Brawl isn't gonna mean much if I don't have reliable transportation to tournies.

For what it's worth, it was nice meeting you, Verm. My only regret(s) would be having been too late to apply for the tourny hosted by Fatal, and being unable to have a friendly against you. At least we had some fun teams going.

:phone:
Definitely, man! Awesome meeting you, too. So much fun at the rave!

As for us playing, we'll get it done someday soon. I wasn't really up for Brawl at all during the weekend, and I was dreading having to play in losers bracket when I found out my forfeit was only for winners. Figured I'd get my 5$ worth, but I just had my attention on MK.

Noobicidal

Smash Master

****ing noob.
Yeah, it just got worse. It's not like I have a vendetta against those who used obnoxious colours in the past or anything.

I'm not that petty.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
The Ganon Boards miss no one! Your return only points to that you missed us.
Oh really, now? I say the Ganon Boards have been lacking a certain element of evil, that my presence will be bringing back.

Who here was evil enough to get the new MK?

Top Bottom