• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

Heartstring

Smash Legend
lol, amazing

also we had a low tier tournament aqt my event yesterday (for those of you who checked out the livestream, the guy who i was relying on flaked, so meh. i ordered my own stuff so it should be up over the copurse of this fest so yeah...
anyway, at low tier i only had ganon (damn ike for being mid tier) and so i got a mario, whom i lost to (had ally DI, i actualy lived till 260% once) and went to losers, i beat a lucas 2-1 and a falcon 2-0, then lost to another falcon 0-2. so yeah, came 4th overall so it was good fun

TP

Smash Master
At a 25 person local yesterday, I went Ganon in winners, lost in round 1, then tore through losers with MK and got 4th.

Yay?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i love my galvantula too much, no pony can ever oputclass him
really, a tarantula...which has 100% accurate thunder, its too good

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oh of course, cimpund eyes works differently now
yeah its still seriously amazing, despite its mediocre speed and special attack XD

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Compoundeyes MULTIPLIES the base accuracy value by 130%. That's what they mean by 30% increase. Your attack needs to have at least 77 base accuracy in order to be 100% accurate as a result of Compoundeyes (unless I'm mistaken, a 70% accurate move boosted by Wide Lens AND Compoundeyes should be 100% accurate).

Personally I wish that Gravity was better distributed, because Gravity makes everything less gimmicky. Decreases evasion by TWO STAGES. Which essentially means anything with 60% accuracy or higher becomes 100% accurate.

Unnerve Galvantula under the rain anyhow is the best "counter" to Manaphy ever. Unnerve stops Manaphy from getting away with berry shenanigans that might stop the KO and Thunder iirc gets the 1HKO.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oh, cool story bro.
i would always run compoundeyes just because its good, yeah rain is really common, to use him without, but i did try to run unnerve denchura, it just wasnt happening.
i made a challenge of the generation by using only the pokemon from my ingame team, its actually fairly tanky

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
@ Mink Nope.

Ganon/Jiggz/Dedede

I play Dedede for Metaknight. I also have a pocket Game and Watch and Lucario.

Also, I love running a Gravity team. I ran it last gen. Sweeping with Rock Polish Regice was so much fun. Rock Polish/Blizzard/Thunder/Focus Blast.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Playing against Pit, Samus, and Mario all the time, the first two being extremely campy players, is just flat out wearing me down. Like, to the point where I'm considering quitting Brawl after CoT5. Any suggestions?

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Supreme Dirt, Mario's a decent competetitor against the other two if you want to use him. The ditto isn't that bad, if you're just a better player (which most Ganon mains usually have that part down but are weighed down by matchup differences)

I think if you second mario you'll find Pit easier to deal with. But truly, the easiest and FASTEST character to figure out quick enough for any of those matcheups is Sonic... (cwutididthar) And he isn't hard countered by anyone I don't think. It's dead even for Pit.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Actually, I'm working on my Dedede and Jigglerpuff.

My region is basically devoid of the first, and there's only one other Jiggly. Waddle Dees mess with the arrows.

I'm a bit tired of him repeatedly telling me that I should be saving my BAir as Dedede for killing. He goes on about me not having a top player mentality, heaven forbid I use one of the best spacing moves in the game for spacing.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Who's "him", the pit? lol.

Dedede's bair is a great spacing tool. Don't listen to him. Just make sure you get that u-tilt in. I think it's the best kill move against characters like those you listed.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yeah, fUddO, actually.

He tends to think he knows how pros play, simply because I've gotten frame data wrong quite a few times in the past, so he obviously know my character better than me.

Considering he plays Pit, and then occasionally DK and MK... And only used to play Link. That's basically it.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Supreme Dirt, Mario's a decent competetitor against the other two if you want to use him. The ditto isn't that bad, if you're just a better player (which most Ganon mains usually have that part down but are weighed down by matchup differences)

I think if you second mario you'll find Pit easier to deal with. But truly, the easiest and FASTEST character to figure out quick enough for any of those matcheups is Sonic... (cwutididthar) And he isn't hard countered by anyone I don't think. It's dead even for Pit.
Mario dittos suck. The campier player wins them. Though you have the rest correct.

Playing against Pit, Samus, and Mario all the time, the first two being extremely campy players, is just flat out wearing me down. Like, to the point where I'm considering quitting Brawl after CoT5. Any suggestions?
Honestly I don't mind Ganon vs Pit at all. Pit is not hard to get in on once your in Dash Attack/D-tilt range, where his options are extremely weak. Options out of Choke on him are really good as well, and he's not too hard to juggle. You want him to be afraid of your D-tilt and DA when you get close, and then make a really good guess as to how he will crack under that pressure. I feel like I should upload these old matches of me against a noob Pit where I basically downloaded his playstyle and figured out his panic buttons. I would run at him, wait for him to roll backwards ALL THE TIME, and then Dash Attack. Very hilarious.

Interestingly enough...I don't find Samus that awful of a matchup. But I'm an extremely patient player myself. Your playstyle may just differ immensely from mine. Although I will say she's harder than Pit by a good margin.

Playing against Mario...depends on how well they know the matchup, and to a lesser extent how well you can read his landing habits. If they aren't completely aware that fullhop fireballs are super lame for Ganon to deal with, they stand a decent chance of losing once you land a Flame Choke. Once they realize that you can do very little to stop fullhop B-air and Fireball spacing, it gets very ugly.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I can read the Mario's habits VERY well. It's just he can read me just as well, and is a better character.

Samus isn't so much hard as annoying. If I miss the spike, he edgeguards me with tether, if I hit with something else, I either get edgeguarded, or now he's on the other ledge and I have to go knock him off again.

Also the Pit just rolls behind me and grabs. Every ****ing time I DTilt or iDA. Then it's a free CG to probable edgeguard at low %, or UThrow to how-the-hell-do-I-get-down. I can wizkick, but I get grabbed. I can try to go to the ledge, but now I'm on the opposite side of the stage.

I also really need to get the springs removed from my GCC. My timing for PSing is still off from having used CCPro so long.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
If I'm reading that correctly, I'm not sure how you're letting Pit get away with forward roll all the time, even if his forward roll is stupid. If you DA as he forward rolls, it's usually safe. You can thunderstorm outside his F-tilt range for almost no risk if you're afraid he's going to forward roll as well. And I'm not sure how you're getting D-tilt punished by that.

And then as stupid as it sounds, Ganon's back roll is underused as an approach tool. If you space it well, it's a situational but effective crossover option. Especially worth keeping in mind when you realize that Ganon's dash and his forward roll are much worse at crossing over.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I've played a few Sheiks, and I actually find this MU easier than vs a lot of characters. In fact, without the Ftilt lock I can go as easy as a -2. Our worst weakness in this MU is our inability to punish anything she does on our shield, but she has no disjoints and we outrange her, so we can outspace her and stop her approaches pretty decently. She can gimp us, but so we can on her and that's almost the only way she can kill us.

Top Bottom