• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
In one match I've killed a ROB by doing a footstool to Wizard Kick. Can that be potentially useful? Can it be guaranteed on more characters? I think we could think about it unless this is already kinown.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
It wasn't Wizard Kick offstage, it was a Wizard Kick to set-up a kill at like 120% or something (whenever Wizard Kick starts to kill vertically). It could be useful because the sourspot kills vertically pretty early. And because our Down B cancels our rising during the footstool, we may be able to hit with it before it's to late.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I got guaranteed 2nd in an 8 man local going just Mario until the Grand Finals on Saturday (placed first by going G&W). Should I be happy for myself as well?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
So, Bin Laden has been killed. The bright side is that it will hopefully bring closure to the victims of 9/11. On the darker side, it will do nothing to end this decade-long conflict.

Aaaaand go.

Breezy

Smash Ace
I don't even know why I posted this here. I forgot how many people just hate when they see a Ganon that isn't verm place well.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
The Ganon boards has become sour while I was away, lol. Just ignore what people say against you, Breezy, and keep reppin in your own way.

Let's play a friendly game of tennis.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Hmmm? No, I was just noting how his region doesn't have a lot of brawl players. Nothing against him.

My region has 40+ players per tournament, so... 10 or so seems kind of annoying when it comes to tournaments.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
ours vary from 15 to 30, apparently back before i found out about the offline scene in our country they used to have tournaments with like 80 or so people, i so jely

Breezy

Smash Ace
We have more brawl players, some off them just didn't show up for various reasons. Regardless, it's not like our players are bad. Minnesota has taken quite a few OoS tournaments home, and beaten some notable players.

:phone:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'm just saying, I did place in an 8 man local with a character that is currently considered low tier. Am I going around pretending that it was an amazing accomplishment? No.

Nothing against you Breezy. Although I would have expected you to be a bit more humble. When I heard you placed 3rd "like a boss", I expected a more significant accomplishment.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=289190

Just took third at a tourney boys. Strictly Ganoning. Like a boss.
I actually placed 1st in a local just yesterday. Went Mario/Ganon/G&W.

8 man local with $1 entry fee yeah, but still. The only other person who really knew what they were doing afaik was Dantarion, and he probably was pretty rusty. My Mario beat his DK pretty solidly. I had fun frametrapping his airdodge with weak DAs into regrabs/U-tilts/D-smashes, and I also camped him like hell on Brinstar for the fun of it. Went G&W when I realized his Snake actually was harder to deal with than his DK, and it pretty much was clear to me he was out of practice compared to me at that point. Combined by the fact that I'm extremely comfortable with the Snake matchup.

Felt good spending $5 on pizza and getting my money back. I'm only mad that I'm not back in Los Angeles where MikeHaze is hosting tournaments behind my back.
Breezy seems pretty humble to me.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Breezy seems pretty humble to me.
Funny how you quote those two things and it only proves my point. I'm not pretending that my accomplishment is amazing, and go into detail that it basically wasn't. All Breezy does is says he placed 3rd without so much a word of detail besides saying he did it "like a boss".

I feel I have a right to be feeling misled.

Breezy

Smash Ace
I'm posting from my phone, so I didn't really want to go into detail. And saying like a boss isnt like I'm the ****, it was used more in a satirical sense.

:phone:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Stop taking things so ****ing seriously.
I ask you and Verm to do the same first. It's not my fault that you chose to react the way you guys did to my post. Things could have gone better for you guys if you simply chose to not take things so ****ing seriously.

Nowhere in my original post was I directly implying that I had anything against Breezy, even if that was to a very slight extent my original motive. It was not my responsibility to ensure a favorable response was incurred.

And Vermanubis, I especially ask you to stop being a hypocrite. I mean you're mostly a cool guy and stuff, but I want you to stop with this bull**** about how you say you consider me to be a great guy, and yet most of the stuff I get from you is **** about why you don't want to listen to me. Just now you did the same thing to me, when you could have mitigated the conflict by taking my posts in a different light. Not that I deserve it anyway and I'll say that first before anyone does, but you could have done much better by not taking things so ****ing seriously and saying my accomplishment like Breezy's gets cool points. I am extremely disappointed in you.

And Breezy, I don't really have anything against you and everyone here acknowledges you're really good. I just don't like being misled.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I think you need to take a chill pill, A2. I think the only person here who thought Breezy was being cocky was you. It's in Breezy's nature to joke like that, which you should know of all people, having been here the longest, 'cept for Noob. You can argue semantics in regards to what I'm about to say, but it was very evident Breezy was kidding, and was equally so that you were being fractious.

I also don't see what me thinking you're competent has to do with you making an uncalled for comment. Just because I think you're competent doesn't mean I can't think you can be insufferable.

You made an abrasive comment, so you can expect people to get a little bothered. As for me commenting on Breezy's accomplishment and not yours, I did so because your presentation of your accomplishment was very sanctimonious. "Yeah, well, I did this, so nyeh!" You then crutch yourself on the notion that it's our fault we took a very blatantly elitist comment the way we did, then you immediately justify your actions by what you perceived to be very same thing. You're not an authority, you need to accept blame.

Really, just relax. You made an off comment, that's all. Just move on.

Exalted

Smash Lord
My comment wasn't directed solely at you, A2. I was referring to most of the people on the Ganon Boards. That being said, the comment itself wasn't meant to be particularly serious about its message :p

stingers

Smash Obsessed
why dont we all just put a2 on ignore
even though i come here once in a blue moon
it makes me sad to see him ruin this marvelous thread =,[

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I think you need to take a chill pill, A2. I think the only person here who thought Breezy was being cocky was you. It's in Breezy's nature to joke like that, which you should know of all people, having been here the longest, 'cept for Noob. You can argue semantics in regards to what I'm about to say, but it was very evident Breezy was kidding, and was equally so that you were being fractious.
Uh, yeah. I don't think he said anywhere in his post that he placed 3rd in an 8 man local. That's why I feel deceived.

You made an abrasive comment, so you can expect people to get a little bothered. As for me commenting on Breezy's accomplishment and not yours, I did so because your presentation of your accomplishment was very sanctimonious. "Yeah, well, I did this, so nyeh!" You then crutch yourself on the notion that it's our fault we took a very blatantly elitist comment the way we did, then you immediately justify your actions by what you perceived to be very same thing. You're not an authority, you need to accept blame.
Fair point. I'm well aware that I do come off as somewhat abrasive. However you should also be aware that it's my way of speech. I'm indiscriminately blunt, and it's never because I hold anything against anyone in particular. If you want to accuse me of misinterpreting the point of Breezy's post, I can argue the same thing back. You of all people should be able to understand that my posts are extremely literal. Even if I was mildly disappointed in Breezy at the time, the real point of the post was more or less how it was stated word for word. Should I in fact be proud of myself for the fact that I also placed in an 8 man local? If you focused on answering the exact question at hand instead of interpreting it as uncalled for, things would have been better. My question was not actually rhetorical. I expect people to take me word for word in almost every context, and I'm disappointed that you didn't know better.

Really, just relax. You made an off comment, that's all. Just move on.
I will try to be understanding, but understanding has to be mutual. This isn't the first time people have totally missed the point of my posts though because they didn't actually take me word for word.

Top Bottom