• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf Board's Question & Answer Thread.

Krackatoa

Ottawa eSports Illuminati
Hi thar.

What're your favourite ways to abuse Norfair with Ganon?

Serph

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai based everything with items on. Ganon's actually proven to be around the best, while the items are turned on.
It was probably based on four-player FFA, too. Which Ganon is also great in. (Although even then I'd probably say Ike does the ol' "I think I'll surprise everyone with an immensely powerful attack" thing better)

TP

Smash Master
Sakurai also based balance on making the newcomers better than the old character. It's been proven.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
His weight. It's the only thing I'm pissed about.
I just hate how Snake weights more than Ganondorf.
Ganon's one head taller plus almost twice as big muscles; on top of that he wear a fat armor.

Snake on the other hand, just have his Nikita/rocketlauncher; yet he's heavier than Ganon.
PLUS, he's top tier... come on, Sakurai ;\

TP

Smash Master
Is it possible to FoG out of a FoG? And if so how? I can't figure it out.
Just start an air dodge slightly after the peak of the previous FoG. It is hard to describe the correct timing, just keep practicing and you'll do it.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Is it possible to FoG out of a FoG? And if so how? I can't figure it out.
Also, you can buffer an aerial or two right after FoG, and then buffer a airdoge out of it/them, then buffer a new FoG out of the Airdodge.
Just find the formula.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

1.000 Posts !
Dammn you, DAD. I told you a few months ago that I'd beat you to it.
It was close. <3 jk

lordterken

Smash Cadet
wolf killing

How do you kill a wolf and get pass his blaster? How do you not get killed by wolf?

:034:

Smash Hero
How do you kill a wolf and get pass his blaster? How do you not get killed by wolf?
How to kill a Wolf: Get him offstage and use dair or reverse uair

Get past his blaster: Jump and airdodge, walk and powershield

How to not get killed by Wolf: Don't get hit |:

Squirrely

Smash Journeyman
Have an itchy shield finger when fighting wolf. His f-smash murderously punished if shielded along with most of his other moves save b-air.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
i feel like this deserves its own thread, but why is it that NO ONE is ever in the chat? i think there should at least be a scheduled meeting once a week in the chat so that all of us can toss around ideas fluidly and arrange matches quickly. it just bothers me that nobody is ever present when i go there so eager to face the evil =/

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Could someone please create a "Ganon's weekly move discussion thread" with nice pics N stuff ?
Someone qualified that doesn't already run too many threads.
I could do it, but my english isn't that great ;\

I was thinking TP, maybe? What do you say?

Smash Hero
Why would we want that, though? We already know everything there is about all of his moves, there's not a whole lot to discuss.

Rather, we should be looking into counterpick stages that we know little about. Brinstar, Corneria, Green Greens and the likes.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
- Well.. We know that Ftilt is a quick and effective killing move. But I think there's much more stuff to share opinions in, than just frames, knockback, and damage% . .

TP

Smash Master
Why would we want that, though? We already know everything there is about all of his moves, there's not a whole lot to discuss.

Rather, we should be looking into counterpick stages that we know little about. Brinstar, Corneria, Green Greens and the likes.
Corneria's banned lol.

Could someone please create a "Ganon's weekly move discussion thread" with nice pics N stuff ?
Someone qualified that doesn't already run too many threads.
I could do it, but my english isn't that great ;\

I was thinking TP, maybe? What do you say?
Hmmm, stage discussion seems more useful. FD is right, we know the moves. I'll start a stage discussion thread if one more person posts saying they support it. Sorry Z1GMA. D:

Squirrely

Smash Journeyman
I know the stages as much as I know the moves, what's to discuss >.>
It all seems like common sense. Stay away from walk-offs with chain grabbing homos etc

hyperstation

Smash Lord
I know the stages as much as I know the moves, what's to discuss >.>
It all seems like common sense. Stay away from walk-offs with chain grabbing homos etc
I think there's more to this than we once thought. I played Kalm a few days ago and picked up a few new tricks on BATTLEFIELD of all places. Who would have thought? Not to mention the fact that pk-ow recently brought into question whether or not Lylat is actually a bad stage for Ganon. I think a discussion of tournament stages would be a worthwhile one. Do it up, TP.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I did say I'm pretty lazy, I think. Wario's stuff autocancels so effortlessly, I don't want to have to do anything like quickly press buttons!

Smash Hero
You roll your finger from Y to A, so you could even see it as one button. Coincidentally, when I play as Wario I always use the same method as with thunderstorming...

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You don't have to do it as quickly, haha. Believe me, it's noticeable when you go from playing a lot of Wario to doing your Ganon once in a while XD

Smash Hero
hmm, I should try playing Wario a bit more, he really is a lot of fun (even though matches take twice as long).

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yeah, but you win them! (DAYUM)

It's alright though, a lot of the stuff I lose in not thunderstorming right all the time I make up for via gimps and general wreckage.

@HomE

Smash Ace
I actually use the slide from Y to A method for ALOT for all the characters i use. the one that comes to mind is Falco, its SOOO easy to spike people if you jump below them and then "thunderstorm" its like a jump spike. thats actually the only way i spike with falco now, I also use the Y to A method to RAR.

Smash Hero
I use it a lot, too... But mostly for Wolf's and Bowser's fair, and Wario's sh dair to dj dair (****).

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Do you guys know what frame Ganon pulls up his legs for DAir? Is it right away? Or does it contain some lag?

TP

Smash Master
On characters who you can sideB>dtilt could you on a platform do sideB>drop thru platform> uair?
I discovered this tactic a couple months ago. It works on every character except Ganon himself, oddly. It is not very useful, but interesting. You are usually better off just dropping down and then reacting to what they do, since you have such a large positional advantage. Good job thinking outside the box and noticing this.

Kalm, I can't answer your question, though it is interesting.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
From a blind guess, I would assume that Ganondorf's D-air, his legs draw back completely at frame 5ish.

Which means from a SH, his legs would retract at frame 12ish (since his jump is frame 7). Again, this is just a pure guess from comparative observation with other attacks which I do know the frame data for.

Top Bottom