• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf Board's Question & Answer Thread.

TP

Smash Master
I believe it's the hitbox of Ganondorf's D-air around his chest and shoulders area, which only does 17% and has less power than the SS. It usualy only connects when SH D-air'ing an enemy through a platform. That's just me though.
It can also be used effectively when the opponent is landing near you and you read them correctly. It is very easy to grab them after the hit.

More importantly, I'm back. It turns out that the world is a large place, and I can find internet access often enough to still be a regular member here. However, I still can't play Brawl for who knows how long.

EDIT: Also, the Character Rankings List is back up. By my calculations, my tournament performance should push Ganondorf out of E tier and above Ike. :)

EDIT2: Crap, I forgot the points Ganon gets will be split with my ROB. Ganon's gonna end up within a point or two of Ike. He's not gonna pass Jiggs either because Jiggs is the reason I didn't get more points than I did. Start going to tournaments, guys!

Ant1

Smash Ace
Well i got another tournament this Friday. Should i go all Ganon? Last time i did that i came first, but that was because there was only 1 good player there(my brother) besides me. This time a few better players are coming (none as good as i am or my brother, but still might put up a fight). Also only playing Ganon can get tiresome, i might try using DK.

I got a problem with my ganon playstyle. I find it annoying that i want to do a SH or FH U-air, but sometimes U-tilt comes out. It's because ganon takes soooo long to jump up, and it really ends with me taking 20+%. Anyway i can like fix this?

Squirrely

Smash Journeyman
I constantly u-tilt too, ant. It's the most annoying thing. I'm beginning to make sure he leaves the ground before pressing anything else now.

Super lame.

Squirrely

Smash Journeyman
If I c-stick then they turn into u-smashes, which is obviously much better than u-tilts.
But I prefer control stick because I feel it's easier to move from side to side for some reason. Same with stomps, but those never give me troubles anymore, except for the rare jump-and-not-do-anything.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Normaly I SH with x/y and then press C-up, to AC Uair.

But if I wan't to perform a "First Frame Possible" Uair (Mostly after AC Dair), I tilt the control stick slightly, slightly up, and then roll my thumb from X to A; causing me to buffer a frame perfect AC Uair.

AgentJGV

Smash Journeyman
I always jump with Y but when i'm doing an areal I always go to like a claw position on my controler.

Edit: TP is your chainchoking thread still around? I gave up smashboards for lent so I'm kinda behind.

Face124

Smash Ace
Edinburgh. Pm for a Brawl and I'll get back to you
Not sure where to post this, or if it is known, but anyway:

Air release to Gerudo is true on Squirtle, however, if he buffers a jab you will take the 3% but still grab because of the grab armour.

Air release to WizKick is true also, and AR to dash attack is true and an easy kill combo.

Ground release to jab on Ness & Lucas is true I think.

There is another thing though, I believe it may be possible that the weak hit of dash attack combos into a pivot grab, although I am unable to test.

You may then be able to Air Release stutter stepped weak dash attack to pivot regrab on Squirtle, and then finish off with a Gerudo at about 40-50% ish, when it appears to stop working.

:034:

Smash Hero
Face - Make a thread about it. We really need to get our grab release stuff together in one package, and I think that's a great start.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Who here aside from Kosk saw me wrecking CO18, Jerm, and Fogo in FFAs with Ganon at WHOBO on Saturday? :p

Also, should I challenge Kosk to a Ganon ditto MM if I go to Genesis, or is that just throwing money away?

Kishin

Smash Ace
Does a mid-air up+b have any effect on the trajectory of Ganon and his victim at all compared to a grounded up+b?

^same question but with a reverse up+b.

^same question but with a reverse mid-air up+b.

Captain Falcon up+b vs. Ganondorf up+b
Who would get the priority?

Gleam

Smash Ace
Ganon's Dark Dive more than likely out prioritorizes Falcons. Unfortunatley for us since Dark Dive has litterally zero hit stun it really doesn't make a bit of difference for us.

TP

Smash Master
Dark Dive is the most fail move in Brawl. At least Luigi's dash attack looks ridiculous, so you can expect it to be bad.

Hey guys, check out the updated Character Rankings List. Ganon moved up 2 spots. I currently account for more than a fourth of Ganon's points. 47 entrants x $10 entry fee x 4 for a top 4 placing / 2 for splitting with ROB / 160 as a constant = 5.875 of Ganon's 19.9 points.

The point is, you really can make a difference if you go to tournaments. If each of the 10 or so primary members of this board went out and got Ganon some points, he would jump pretty **** far. It would be like the Flight of Ganon, except he wouldn't come back down. Go to tournaments! This especially applies to the people who are much better than me.

Kalm, don't go to a tournament. If you do, you'll probably push Ganon so far up the rankings that he will have no chance of being on the bottom of the next tier list, which would disappoint you. (I <3 Kalm :))

Gleam

Smash Ace
And that TP, is why you are bad***

I should start like...A Ganon Training Ground or something crazy like that. Give fellow Ganon's a little up to date illistration of the king of evil before they go to tourneys. Becausse the chance of me actually going to one is pretty low.

TP

Smash Master
i meant to ask where you post tournament rankings a while ago, but i forgot =/
The tournament needs to be reported in the Character Rankings List, a thread in Brawl Tactical Discussion. It won't count unless the tournament has a thread on this forum or All is Brawl, which you would have to link to.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Dark Dive is the most fail move in Brawl. At least Luigi's dash attack looks ridiculous, so you can expect it to be bad.

Hey guys, check out the updated Character Rankings List. Ganon moved up 2 spots. I currently account for more than a fourth of Ganon's points. 47 entrants x $10 entry fee x 4 for a top 4 placing / 2 for splitting with ROB / 160 as a constant = 5.875 of Ganon's 19.9 points.

The point is, you really can make a difference if you go to tournaments. If each of the 10 or so primary members of this board went out and got Ganon some points, he would jump pretty **** far. It would be like the Flight of Ganon, except he wouldn't come back down. Go to tournaments! This especially applies to the people who are much better than me.

Kalm, don't go to a tournament. If you do, you'll probably push Ganon so far up the rankings that he will have no chance of being on the bottom of the next tier list, which would disappoint you. (I <3 Kalm :))

That's to bad. I'm going to my very first tournament June 6th. Ganon moving up the ranking list, will disappoint me, but I don't think there's a rule forcing you to state your tournament results, now are there?

:034:

Smash Hero
That's to bad. I'm going to my very first tournament June 6th. Ganon moving up the ranking list, will disappoint me, but I don't think there's a rule forcing you to state your tournament results, now are there?
Even if you don't, somebody else probably will.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Even if you don't, somebody else probably will.
You know what that would sound like? A kid snitching on another kid for not completing his homework.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Anyways, I got something to say about the Ganon and the Mr. Game & Watch match-up. Sorry, but it's totally wrong. 60:40? What did we base that on? Koskinator's and A2Zomg's match?

I've been playing the AIB April Fools ladder, since April the 7th, repping the dorf. I've ranked pretty high as well. Out of all the higher tier characters I've fought, from Metaknights to Warios, the only Mr.Game & Watch user gave me the most trouble. And lag wasn't in effect at all, we both live a city away.

(A very good) Mr.Game & Watch has the ability juggle Ganon back and forth until he HAS to retreat with jumps, and even then Mr.G&W's insanely high aerial speed catches Ganon so quickly. He could rack more than 80% in a matter of seconds, and that's about what it takes to either kill, or get Ganon off stage to gimp him. I believe the match-up is more like 80:20 than 60:40.

Anyone else agree?

TP

Smash Master
Did anyone else see the epicness of Ganon in There Will Be Brawl?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/there-will-be-brawl/670-Episode-Four
Yes, I have seen that. It is pretty badass.

Anyways, I got something to say about the Ganon and Mr Game & Watch match-up. Sorry, but it's totally wrong. 60:40? What did we base that on? Koskinator's and A2Zomg's match?

I've been playing the AIB April Fools ladder, since April 7t, repping the dorf. I've ranked pretty high as well. Out of all the higher tier characters I've fought, from Metaknights to Warios, the only Mr.Game & Watch user gave me the most trouble. And lag wasn't in affect in all, we both live a city away.

(A very good) Mr.Game & Watch has the ability juggle Ganon back and forth until he HAS to retreat with jumps, and even then Mr.G&W's insanely high aerial speed catches Ganon so quickly. He could rack more than 80% in a matter of seconds, and that's about what it takes to either kill, or get Ganon off stage to gimp him. I believe the match-up is more like 80:20 than 60:40.

Anyone else agree?
Double jump>Wizkick will beat every juggling option G&W has except Uair, which you should not waste your double jump on. Basically, just head for the ledge, and if he tries to stop you, double jump Wizkick to avoid and punish his Nair/Fair/Bair. If you reach the ledge, and he starts spamming Dtilt, drop down and double jump Uair. You will trade hits with Dtilt. You will survive the knockback as long as you are under about 100%. If he edgeguards with Usmash or Fsmash, you can just time a ledgehop correctly and get where you need to be.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Double jump>Wizkick will beat every juggling option G&W has except Uair, which you should not waste your double jump on.
That could easily be avoided with a shield. Makes it worse for us.

f you reach the ledge, and he starts spamming Dtilt, drop down and double jump Uair. You will trade hits with Dtilt. You will survive the knockback as long as you are under about 100%.
Well, after trading hits Ganon is at a even worse place than he was on stage.

If he edgeguards with Usmash or Fsmash, you can just time a ledgehop correctly and get where you need to be.
Nope, not with our RCO in play.

@HomE

Smash Ace
You know what that would sound like? A kid snitching on another kid for not completing his homework.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Anyways, I got something to say about the Ganon and the Mr. Game & Watch match-up. Sorry, but it's totally wrong. 60:40? What did we base that on? Koskinator's and A2Zomg's match?

I've been playing the AIB April Fools ladder, since April the 7th, repping the dorf. I've ranked pretty high as well. Out of all the higher tier characters I've fought, from Metaknights to Warios, the only Mr.Game & Watch user gave me the most trouble. And lag wasn't in effect at all, we both live a city away.

Anyone else agree?

I agree, I wouldn't go as far as 80:20 but maybe 75:25. my roommate mains G&W so hes probably the character that I play most, and once a G&W knows the Ganon match-up, really there isnt much Ganon can do. my friend plays a VERY agressive G&W and if he doesnt screw up its VERY difficult to touch the ground/land any attack.

TP

Smash Master
That could easily be avoided with a shield. Makes it worse for us.
You don't use your double jump until you know what move he is going to do. You wouldn't do it if he was able to shield it.

Well, after trading hits Ganon is at a even worse place than he was on stage.
Not if you get back to the ledge before he gets back to his spot.

Nope, not with our RCO in play.
Crap, I forgot RCO. You've got me there.

I'd say the matchup is 70:30, maybe 75:25.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Hey guys, I just thought of something. I shouldn't really second Link while maining Ganon. Both of those characters weren't really meant to be a second main if you wish to get really good with them. It's close to impossible to become extremely good with both those characters at once. I should just stick to being good with one character, Ganon.

So yeah, I'll possibly second a better character to deal with Ganondorf's impossible match-ups in tournaments I go to from now on. I'm thinking either Zelda/Sheik, Marth or Ike.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
You don't use your double jump until you know what move he is going to do. You wouldn't do it if he was able to shield it.
That doesn't explain much. Ganon would still be in the air.

Not if you get back to the ledge before he gets back to his spot.
Ganon's very slow. Mr.Game & Watch will most likely get back to Ganon, before Ganon even grabs the ledge.

Crap, I forgot RCO. You've got me there.

I'd say the matchup is 70:30, maybe 75:25.
I are winning.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
The one time I used Ganondorf against Hylian's GW in friendlies I beat it on Lylat!

Uair ***** GW, b/c the toes hit under his hitboxes.

@HomE

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I just thought of something. I shouldn't really second Link while maining Ganon. Both of those characters weren't really meant to be a second main if you wish to get really good with them. It's close to impossible to become extremely good with both those characters at once. I should just stick to being good with one character, Ganon.

So yeah, I'll possibly second a better character to deal with Ganondorf's impossible match-ups in tournaments I go to from now on. I'm thinking either Zelda/Sheik, Marth or Ike.
I've always thought the Shiek til 80% then touch them with Zelda for the KO was a pretty broken strat :)

Top Bottom