• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf Board's Question & Answer Thread.

stRIP

Smash Ace
Really? Down smash can hit people hanging off the ledge?
That's news to me, I've tried this many times and never hit anyone.

Do you remember what stage it was? And against who?

I know TL's hugs the ground, Ganon's floats well in the air...
nono, not people hanging off the ledge

just catch them offstage, if they dont di or crapdi, the firsthit of the dsmash can stagespike them

Squirrely

Smash Journeyman
I see. When you said he recovered to the edge, I took that to mean that he grabbed or otherwise landed on the edge.

I'm still surprised down smash would even stage spike, it's pretty weak on the first hit...

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Weak DA -> Turnaround-Usmash tipper, at high %'s.
Weak DA -> Gerudo at low %'s

I know it sounds silly, but it'd be awesome if Weak DA had garanteed follow ups. Maybe it has, on some chars.
Kalm's weak DA -> Grab works good on MK at low %'s.

I'll try out weak DA -> TS on low %'s, with a friend.

stRIP

Smash Ace
Weak DA -> Turnaround-Usmash tipper, at high %'s.
Weak DA -> Gerudo at low %'s

I know it sounds silly, but it'd be awesome if Weak DA had garanteed follow ups. Maybe it has, on some chars.
Kalm's weak DA -> Grab works good on MK at low %'s.

I'll try out weak DA -> TS on low %'s, with a friend.
weak hit DA to upsmash

i got a dmg only combo with this, i can send you the combo at MSN and you can upload it. just if you want :p

hyperstation

Smash Lord
I love Usmash kills these days. I like the sound of a weak hit DA -> turn around USmash. Since it's usually pretty fresh (for me), I bet we could get kills at a pretty low percentage.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I see. When you said he recovered to the edge, I took that to mean that he grabbed or otherwise landed on the edge.

I'm still surprised down smash would even stage spike, it's pretty weak on the first hit...
Stage spikes have fictional physics.

It's the same deal with PK Thunder. If you hit someone, and they collide with a stage underside, the speed at which they rebound is not bound by a law of proportion to the speed of their collision.

I don't know what rule would describe the speed. It's just wholly non-Newtonian, is all I know.

@Z1GMA: I saw a vid where a Japanese Ganon was using weak hit DA to position a ... I think Toon Link player behind him. It was some lightweight, and it was middling-high percents. It seemed better than knocking the opponent up.

It was definitely a change in style from "OMFG SAVE YOUR DASH ATTACK FOR THE LOVE OF Yahweh GANON," but given that he was using it very much opportunistically for damage-racking and safety, it was a passable tactic.

:034:

Smash Hero
Those are definitely Sheik's needles disappearing. My friend mains Sheik, so I'm pretty dang sure.

TP

Smash Master
Guys, the mods are going through all the boards right now! It's coming like a tidal wave! If any of the mods actually look at the content of our usual posts, we're in big trouble.... Hide the spam!

:034:

Smash Hero
Why the **** does everybody have green names all of a sudden? o__O

EDIT: Oh, right, April Fools... I liked last year's better, switching around the words was priceless. And I guess I'm the only yellow left... ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWA

Ant1

Smash Ace
It's apparently a HILARIOUS April fools joke, i'm literally in stiches after seeing it.
Kinda like half the crap that's appeared on smashboards due to april fools

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Their joke is to make Flying Dutchman think HIS name got changed to yellow.

Smexicario

Smash Rookie
How far away does Ganon have to be from the enemy to throw the "darkness" at them when he does UpB?

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
Any of the Ganondorf mains up for some matches? Till 4 eastern time. Sorry if this is breaking th rules. Pm would be the best option.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Stage spikes have fictional physics.

It's the same deal with PK Thunder. If you hit someone, and they collide with a stage underside, the speed at which they rebound is not bound by a law of proportion to the speed of their collision.

I don't know what rule would describe the speed. It's just wholly non-Newtonian, is all I know.

Very true... I've seen the wind from D3's inhale create an abnormally strong stage-spike as well.

TP

Smash Master
Hey guys, my tournament is tomorrow morning. Legan said he thinks about 30 people will show up. I'll be going all Ganon unless my opponents pull out Sheik, ICs, Olimar, or Legan's Link. He is the one guy I have met in real life who I was clearly inferior to. For reference, he brought Kosk to last stock of Game 3 in an online tournament.

I'll tell you guys how it goes.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Hey guys, my tournament is tomorrow morning. Legan said he thinks about 30 people will show up. I'll be going all Ganon unless my opponents pull out Sheik, ICs, Olimar, or Legan's Link. He is the one guy I have met in real life who I was clearly inferior to. For reference, he brought Kosk to last stock of Game 3 in an online tournament.
Man, Legan's Link is a pretty **** character. Some people have described a compulsion to counterpick into that **** on the spot, but what I hear is the only dude who can play Legan's Link for half a **** is Legan. Stay strong and remember the paunch unholy fire.

:ganondorf:

@JayDeth: To what image would that text be a caption?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Man, Legan's Link is a pretty **** character. Some people have described a compulsion to counterpick into that **** on the spot, but what I hear is the only dude who can play Legan's Link for half a **** is Legan. Stay strong and remember the paunch unholy fire.
lol, yet another April fools joke?
There is no such character as "Legan's Link"

10PssstHowDoIUnlockHim?plz10

Squirrely

Smash Journeyman
Legan plays a pretty tight Link. Unfortunately I have trouble watching him since the videos of him aren't very high quality.

I recommend watching Izaw if you want to see a good Link in action as well, though all of his videos are old; I'm not even sure if he plays anymore...

Edit: I'm blind, he has several recent videos up, namely him vs. Rebaz, a beast Falcon.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Guys.. On Bowser..

Have you tried AC Dair (at around 10% ) -> small footstool -> FF Tipman+Forced rising -> AC Dair -> Rising Uair?

... It ****in' destroys him! 10% -> 72%

The footstool makes this much harder to escape than Blad's "bouncing combo", which is easy to escape.

B!squick

Smash Master
Bah. 10-72% on Bowser is nothing. Has this been tested while taking Bowser's epic UpB into consideration with it's frame 1 invincibility?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Bah. 10-72% on Bowser is nothing. Has this been tested while taking Bowser's epic UpB into consideration with it's frame 1 invincibility?
This is pretty **** hard to perform, which makes the combo not so effective; sadly.

But 10-72%... "nothing" ?
You know, IC's CG to around 95% (depending on character) and then Usmash kill.

But then again, this isn't nearly as effective as their CG's.

AgentJGV

Smash Journeyman
Guys.. On Bowser..

Have you tried AC Dair (at around 10% ) -> small footstool -> FF Tipman+Forced rising -> AC Dair -> Rising Uair?

... It ****in' destroys him! 10% -> 72%

The footstool makes this much harder to escape than Blad's "bouncing combo", which is easy to escape.
Can you do something like this on other characters?

*Wow Dair with footstool! I'm blind.*

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Can you do something like this on other characters?

*Wow Dair with footstool! I'm blind.*
I'm not sure..
I've had the best results with characters that Stomp->Usmash works good at.

The Tipman "forced rising" seems to work best on Bowser, DK etc..., while Stomp -> footstool Stomp/Wizkick
works good on most characters.

/// Don't have too high thoughts about this. It'sn't very effective............ Yet:lick:

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

I got a question...
Does Sourspot Dair have as good prioroity as sweetspot Dair?

Top Bottom