• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf Board's Question & Answer Thread.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
There are platforms wich is always nice, and we can water spike you (altho easily avoided).
But ROB has a lot of room to walk away and camp us, or even shark. Id rather cp him to Brinstar/Battlefield.
Thanks a bunch, beepo!

Can anyone else help me with the Ganon vs R.O.B. MU on Delfino Plaza while referring to my questions a few posts above? Any help would be greatly appreciated! XD

<3

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Is there a time at any point in the game when the opponent is at extreme vulnerability when Ganon Utilt is a better option than Reverse(Or normal) Warlock Punch?

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
Never.
Warlock punch gives more %, more knockback and it's start up lag is lesser than UTilt.
Utilt hits on frame 81, Warlock Punch hits on frame 88. Utilt also has less cooldown time than Warlock Punch.

Utilt's wind effect also helps against recovering opponents if they miss the sweetspot as it pulls them onto the stage. The wind effect also pushes them off platforms, if they're in their shield they'll go into freefall giving you a free utilt hit.

Utilt is just a much more reliable move compared to Warlock Punch. It's novelties has a lot of uses like with Snake's c4 recovery and platform mindgames.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Utilt hits on frame 81, Warlock Punch hits on frame 88. Utilt also has less cooldown time than Warlock Punch.

Utilt's wind effect also helps against recovering opponents if they miss the sweetspot as it pulls them onto the stage. The wind effect also pushes them off platforms, if they're in their shield they'll go into freefall giving you a free utilt hit.

Utilt is just a much more reliable move compared to Warlock Punch. It's novelties has a lot of uses like with Snake's c4 recovery and platform mindgames.
Also, sexy in 2on2 with its Momentum Cancel :d

***** Couter Moves, and Charizzard's Rock Smash.

And the wind itself helps refreshing your moves by 1 input.

Though, I'd use WP if my opponent's shield broke, heh.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
U-tilt is better than Warlock Punch.

More range. Less ending lag. MUCH more shield damage (which is something Ganon actually wants). Wind effect has random gimmick uses like detonating Snake's Mine or on Brinstar/Norfair for trapping people who get hit by lava. Wind effect iirc can gimp Ike's SideB causing him to fly past you the same way DDD and Kirby can do it with their neutral B. U-tilt is also a viable edgeguard against Ike's Up-B and Kirby's Up-B.

Warlock Punch only has two uses. After broken shield. And then there is the Warlock Punch edgeguard which is barely viable. The range on it is really crappy and a lot of characters can duck under it easily.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
If they shield break, AD -> FoG -> RAWP is your best option, always. UTilt is also a better edgeguarding option imo, but that's not saying much.

Now I need to listen to myself, and go learn to actually FoG out of air dodge.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Note that Aerial Reverse WP doesn't work on short chars.
Only if they're standing by the ledge.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
No. It is impossible. Everyone on this board is lying to you.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Verm does it for one, and he actually places high.
Bahamut and Tero do it too, dunno about the rest.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
DLA and Breezy used to as well, and Fonz, while not actually maining Ganon, does use him in tourny sets sometimes.

There's also Michael Hey I think who places or placed well with Ganon.

I only use him in tourny for some MUs (Ike mainly).

Exalted

Smash Lord
I doubt anyone would like to travel all the way up here, since it's likely that most :ganondorf:s live in the southern parts of Sweden.

Also, there's gonna be a huge LAN-fest in my town in October which is mostly for PC gamers. However, if they plan on setting up Brawl I'll be sure to distribute **** where needed.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Ganon's throws don't kill until like after 200%.

Jab doesn't kill most characters until like 170% assuming it is fresh.

Sourspot B-air probably has comparable kill power to Jab. Same story with N-air first hit. N-air 2nd hit doesn't kill anything.

Grounded wizkick is pretty much never a kill move unless you edgeguard with it.

Ganondorf's Up-B kills at like the same percents as his other throws lol. Both the uppercut and the grab. Well, if you hit someone near the top with the uppercut it could kill respectably early maybe.

Ledge attacks and ground getup attacks don't kill anything.

Everything else Ganon has can kill within some kind of reason, although D-smash is horrible for KOs.

Top Bottom