• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamer's Edge - SC/NC Brawl Weeklies - next: nevar

Lareit

Smash Ace
Adam, how's the Falco coming?
I'm not doing it. Never planned to, i'd go back to snake before touching falco. I was seeing how you all would react to it.

I am turning tap jump back on and picking up a few new tech's for falcon though. So i'm going to go through a rough period of adjusting to that.

The Director

Smash Lord
Not going to be able to make C3 this weekend. :( My brother's coming down south for Thanksgiving, and him and his fiance decided to come down this weekend instead of staying through next weekend.

It sucks because I really want to go to C3, but I only get to see my brother twice a year. :ohwell:

On the bright side I'll be able to go to GE this week, and to make up for it I'm thinking about hosting a tourney at my place on Saturday Dec. 27th.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I'd love to go too Joe
Im bringing the package, do you have BR movies?? Id like a trade plz

@Devin:Im attending. Am i partcipating?75% sure. Yea.

So... anyone got tips on things i can improve on? Dead serious...

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
You dash into shield too much imo. Try to be more creative in an offensively defensive approach?

Maybe it helps...I dunno much about Sonic lol.

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
With Sonic? I got a tip. Work on dash shield cancel. If you shield during your dash you can cancel your momentum and pretty much can do anything out of a shield. As Sonic this should help you a lot since Sonic's running speed makes it hard to space your attacks and grabs. Shield cancel grabs are safer anyways.

Lareit

Smash Ace
You dash into shield too much imo. Try to be more creative in an offensively defensive approach?

He rarely dashes into me, I find people often use dash often when they're out of sync or anxious/desperate.

The Director

Smash Lord
Im bringing the package, do you have BR movies?? Id like a trade plz
Take your pick:

The Mummy, Pirates: Dead Man's Chest, Flight of the Phoenix, Alvin and teh Chipmunks (lolzorz), Night at the Museum, some cool space backgrounds BD, and Blue Planet.

I might not go this week so...yeah....I'll let you know probably Thursday sometime during the day.

Lareit

Smash Ace

You should come to gamers edge Doc. 10 dollar pot fee means small tournaments give decent payout, plus smash is just fun.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'd love to go bro, but as long as they're on a Thursday, I can't make it. Oh yeah, and my parents forbade me from doing anything in December cuz I went to two Billfests in two months. Suckssssss.

I'm actually about an hour from the venue, so that's no problem.

I have yet to play you also bro.

The Director

Smash Lord
Also Jman I've got Beer League, Futurama: Bender's Game and Invincible.

I've also got a bunch of others but I'm saving those cause I know my brother's going to want to check them out when he comes this weekend...

*super edit* PP if I have my tourney at the end of Dec. I want you to go. You'll get a chance to stomp Ali again.

Lareit

Smash Ace
I'd love to go bro, but as long as they're on a Thursday, I can't make it. Oh yeah, and my parents forbade me from doing anything in December cuz I went to two Billfests in two months. Suckssssss.

I'm actually about an hour from the venue, so that's no problem.

I have yet to play you also bro.
I main falcon, I'd prove little challenge. At best you walk away from the fight going, "hey he's pretty good, he might be a threat if he didn't play low tier"

At worst "lol falcon"

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Director: December=no. Parent johns. fun-cancelling everywhere.

Stomping Ali is tempting....

@ARS- Irrelevant. playing new peopel is what's important. That and learning new things. I'm pretty sure I'd get both outta our matches.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
TBQH, Marth played smart and skillfully is Sonic's worst matchup period. I do dash shield cancel, but its relative. His jab is terrible, no range, 3rd frame, and most ppl can jab and break it (subsequent hits suck and have punishable cooldown), his tilts are frame 6-7, one has range better thzn any other attack w/ bad cooldown, and my prefered dtilt is IASA but pulls u forward... making you committed and against DB... your screwed.

I actually spin dash to shield cancel 80% of the time. It mindgames, baits, and if i do pull it, has invinciframes which is just hax-pro (ask Adam, lol), but again... can get you owned if misread. Marth outranges and outspeeds Sonic. Sonic's grab game owns Marth. Running shields slide so far that you can grab even a Fair retreating Marth (which is how i usually grab you PP, lol. Dev too).

The fact that when Sonic is offstage and Marth isn't can LIKLEY lead to either 40%-a stock really dictates the match. Landing spot camping really hurts me gasp*

Against other ppl, i do different things. Like DK. Huge hurtbox = combo **** and ASC hax-pro cheating. Plus Hyphen-Smash invinci frames thru DK punch are far too sexy. Lulz

Maybe im rambling, but Adam, Joe, Dev, what do you guys think? I think my close range and spot dodge/ aiefal dodge punishing is more subpar than nearly everyone's, but i "work around it"

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I had noticed most of that, and was trying to work around it when we played. I think my timing has to be significantly different vs sonic, since my usual zoning pattern gets me grabbed. This is very interesting.

Sonic's Dtilt doesn't really bother me, since I can SH retreating Nair of FF a Fair to safety OOS.

Very fresh and fast paced matchup though. I actually feel sluggish in it lol. Definately need to do it again.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Im quite sad to say Oos, sonic's got nothing to compete with Marth cept grab. Its easy gimping and easy footsie and outspeeding, but match otherwise favors you (like... actual fighting, lulz*) and all of Sonic's aierals are slow in either syartup or cooldown save SHFFBair... due to it apearance,... but its the primary kill move... i don't like it much

Edit: Im not learning disabled. PS3 ihard typing/editing

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
It is a really awkward move...not terrible though.

I'll probably be back to Billfests and stuff again in February, you think you'll be able to go around that time bro (or any bros here)?

Snap(803)

Smash Apprentice
Not going to be able to make C3 this weekend. :( My brother's coming down south for Thanksgiving, and him and his fiance decided to come down this weekend instead of staying through next weekend.

It sucks because I really want to go to C3, but I only get to see my brother twice a year. :ohwell:

On the bright side I'll be able to go to GE this week, and to make up for it I'm thinking about hosting a tourney at my place on Saturday Dec. 27th.
we probally havent met but i would like to go to your tournament. it would be much appriciated.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
It is a really awkward move...not terrible though.

I'll probably be back to Billfests and stuff again in February, you think you'll be able to go around that time bro (or any bros here)?
I'll try to make as many billfests as I can. I'll have to play you with my Fox, PP. I'm figuring out every match with Devin that there's some minute thing I can do that makes all the difference. I aims to please.

I'm sooooo excited for C3.

Lareit

Smash Ace
I'll try to make as many billfests as I can. I'll have to play you with my Fox, PP. I'm figuring out every match with Devin that there's some minute thing I can do that makes all the difference. I aims to please.

I'm sooooo excited for C3.
Dude, I miss being excited about stuff.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I like chocolate milk.......

Thats somewhat exciting. And i'd like Beer League and Teh Mummie plz Joe.
I have 300, Corpse Bride, Good Luck Chuck, Happy Feet, Harry da Pothead 1-5, The Invisible, MGS4 LE Blu-Ray, Pearl Harbor, Play BYond(PS3 blu-ray), Pirates 2-3(U gotz1??), Return to house on haunted Hill (Which im inviting u all to come watch some weekend. Its pimp and we just got a couch finally, xD), Spider-Man 1-3, Superbad, Transporter 2, and Underworld: Evolution. Wanna borrow any Joe/Adam?

@PP: SHFF Bairs are one of Sonic's best moves. actually outranging any of Marth's aeirals. It's just that its Sonic's best kill move, and landing either f/dsmash on Marth is pretty tricky when almost znything you do eats it, lol

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Will there be one Thanksgiving week? I don't have school so I should probably be able to go.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
It's thanksgiving DAY, I am not gonna be there, so there probably will not be a tournament.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey, will there be a tourney anywhere in SC between the 26th and 30th? I'll be down there for thanksgiving.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Lucky 777? lol, post number lulz*

Are you having any more concrete info on a December Sat thing Crio? i need to puts in dat good request son...

Lareit

Smash Ace
Ptown, not you too, No bro stuff.

I won't be at the Thanksgiving day tourney either, so just presume there isn't one.

Top Bottom