• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G6 monthlies! Round 1:e (NC/VA/AL/GA/NY/SC) BRING SETUPS!!

Foxy

Smash Master
took 20 mins to figure out this wasnt referring to smash players that i had totally forgotten

then i was like yeaaa!woo
wow, how wrong was i

NoVa is capitalized like that to be Northern Virginia with Chu meaning ChuDat

i thought you were saying 2 players and

NoVa_ and Chu are literally the exact text strings of the names of 2 of the 10 players on the 2 best HoN teams in the world

yes, nova's weird capitalization coincides with the abbr for the region

i was ungodly confused

The_Doug

Smash Ace
Hey guys. Thinking about coming to this. Is there any place near'ish I could stay at? Heading down from Virginia. Or any recommendations on motels, etc.

BMX

Smash Lord
Yo Ben tell Chu team with me, also mention how I outplaced him by double digits and won money at DC

LMAO jk but ask him for me please
So what you are saying is...... LAME *** CRAIG MEME COMING!....

ARE YOU GOOD FOR IT?

O yea, Dylan, are you housing, also? :D?

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Hey guys. Thinking about coming to this. Is there any place near'ish I could stay at? Heading down from Virginia. Or any recommendations on motels, etc.
Hmm, Id like to say that I could house some of VA, but ill need someone else to offer housing as well.

come on NC.

So what you are saying is...... LAME *** CRAIG MEME COMING!....

ARE YOU GOOD FOR IT?

O yea, Dylan, are you housing, also? :D?
Um, Im pretty sure Tk and you are cleared to stay at my house, I dont know how many people I can have.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Attention brawl players

I want all of you to know it was never my intention for brawl to take a back seat, But this is getting so big that melee/brawl will have to run at the same time.

Ive hyped this as much as I can and its starting to bite me.

Brawl doubles will start at the same time melee does =[

I hope thats okay guys, I dont see another way to do all this in one day.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
He's not riding with me. this time

I think im riding solo actually I got alot of stuff to do while in NC

V1CE

Smash Champion
I want all of you to know it was never my intention for brawl to take a back seat, But this is getting so big that melee/brawl will have to run at the same time.

Hopefully we will have enough setups...

I ran gimped which was both melee and brawl dubs and singles... I can prob help you out here if you need it to get matches goin... HOw long do you have the venue?

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Okay, so it looks like at least Reflex and I will be attending at the very least. Rayku is asking for work off and some other potentials are still organizing schedules. If we show up however, would it be possible for housing on Friday night? The housing would be for anywhere between 2-5 people depending on who can come and which car we drive up there. I know I can generate enough interest for 5 most likely though so assume that's the number.

We'd really appreciate it if you could help us out with this so we don't have to spend more money than necessary. I'm really looking forward to seeing some of you guys again and playing too.

EDIT: I'll bring a setup, I'll try to bring a TV too. I know we can maybe bring 1-2 TVs with setups with us hopefully. I'll try to help out as much as possible.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i live in a dorm room, still about a hour and change from the venue, but people from VA may be interested in staying in my room.

of course, i'll have to ask my roommate once i get back, but i've housed a couple people before and it hasn't been a problem. but honestly it is a pretty small dorm room, so more than two people will be pretty uncomfortable.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Nice! It'll be tight if you can make it, Doug. =)

If all else fails I can house some people, but I'm like an hour in the opposite direction VA needs to go(not GA though).

That's legit actually. More pressure for everyone to bring setups, I like it.

It's on us then. Bring setups so we can have these things succeed and bring more OOS!

crawlshots

Smash Apprentice
hey question for anyone: I'm staying with my folks in SC during the break and I left all video game items back at school, is it against melee etiquette to ask someone to lend me a controller for this? :p (that is if I even go, not sure yet)

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
hey question for anyone: I'm staying with my folks in SC during the break and I left all video game items back at school, is it against melee etiquette to ask someone to lend me a controller for this? :p (that is if I even go, not sure yet)
I have a spare you can use, my friend.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Most people aren't comfortable lending controllers to people they don't know, but I bet you have a chance at sharing a controller with someone who shows up.

edit: wow ninja'd

crawlshots

Smash Apprentice
I have a spare you can use, my friend.
Thanks a bunch. My # is 864-280-0358, if you wouldn't mind texting me so I have yours that'd be great, that way I can let you know if I'll actually be there.... might be going to a football game instead so we'll see.

lol, no worries about johns, I'm not competitive/good enough to even bother.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
so seriously.......does anyone from Raleigh/Durham want to come to this? I would like to help out and bring my 4/5 brawl setups but I can't afford to make the drive if no one wants to pitch in gas money and ride with me.

Oh well. :(

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
4/5 brawl setups
ok we need to find a way to get this guy here. ocean, what does your car look like for this? Josh's car? anyone?

these setups will change this tourney faaar for the better. of course, i think he only has wiis and such, but if people can bring TV's, then all is well. we're running a dual tourney here, guys, this stuff is important.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
ok we need to find a way to get this guy here. ocean, what does your car look like for this? Josh's car? anyone?

these setups will change this tourney faaar for the better. of course, i think he only has wiis and such, but if people can bring TV's, then all is well. we're running a dual tourney here, guys, this stuff is important.
I've got televisions too....

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
OH **** well in that case...yeah...people need to help this guy out. either ride with him or lets hook him up with some money just for bringin this much **** to help the tourney.

it'd be better if some durham peeps just rode with you though. how is DJ/bryan/aasem getting to this?

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
its just all NC melee ***s are gonna be there...

so seriously.......does anyone from Raleigh/Durham want to come to this? I would like to help out and bring my 4/5 brawl setups but I can't afford to make the drive if no one wants to pitch in gas money and ride with me.

Oh well. :(
I mean.....I don't want my car to be all.........multi-cultural parade-y. And Shady is really middle-eastern-y. And Keith..well............
hm.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
bryan is slasherking, aasem is dop. i hope they're coming, but idk how they're getting here.

edit: you would, however, run into the multicultural issue as alas, neither of the fellows are european descent.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
bryan is slasherking, aasem is dop. i hope they're coming, but idk how they're getting here.

edit: you would, however, run into the multicultural issue as alas, neither of the fellows are european descent.
well......that's unfortunate.

But yeah. Anyone is fine with me. I just didn't ask Keith and Shady because everytime I offer them a ride I don't get a response so I didn't wanna wait until the last minute to find out if they are coming or not.

Top Bottom