• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G4S4! (Columbus GA, September 1st) FUN CANCELLING!

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Chaddd

Granted, being able to win without using an overpowering technique (wobbling) would indeed mean I had a better grasp of the character's other techniques than being able to win using that technique. But why would anyone limit his options like that? If I can abuse an overpowering technique to make my character more effective, then I'd be an idiot not to do so. But I guess this is where we diverge philosophically.

I don't just play ICs and I don't just wobble. Some games I don't get a single grab, and I win them anyway. Some games I get two wobbles and I lose.

I'm not good with every character but I'm just as good with several characters as I am with ICs. I'll probably be going mostly Fox at this tourney, which I was planning to do anyway...because believe it or not, despite my dishonorable, overpowering, broken, homosexual tactics, I still have lots of trouble with certain ICs matchups, like Peach and Marth. If you have the opinion that wobbling is some automatic win button then this is probably inconceivable. Maybe I'm just that terrible--who knows.

And stop yelling at me in those big scary letters. It hurts my feelings. :cry:

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Shai! let's drop this discussion. Seriously. It will lead to unfavorable first impressions, and it might have already. Get stoked for Get Four Stocked.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Shai! let's drop this discussion. Seriously. It will lead to unfavorable first impressions, and it might have already. Get stoked for Get Four Stocked.
I must have the last word!

It's just my habit to respond to people.....and typically there have been four or five people replying to everything I say, so it seems like I'm egging on the discussion when I'm really just defending myself. But fine, whatever. I officially don't care anymore.

If anyone would form a negative impression of someone because they play a certain character in a video game, well...that's pretty judgmental and unfair and I hope that hasn't happened here.

SleepyK

No, it's just the way you defended yourself and seemingly attacked Chaddd and whatnot which would lead to a potentially negative impression, as well as the fact that you seemingly egged on the discussion, despite many of us posting asking for an end (although other people continued it too).

But really. Let's not develop Halotitudes. Keep it friendly.

SleepyK

Oh snap, are we going to have a low-tier tourney at this?

Gerbil

Smash Champion
**** me and tong gonna get *****
FIXED! *runs for dear life*

:p j/k with ya 112 lol.

Jack - Dudeeeeee that totally sucks. Mine is running fine right now, I got the PED suit and the...

MINUTE SPOILERS SKIP THIS NEXT GAP IF YOU DONT WANNA READ

Grapple Swing lol. What a spoiler eh?

END SPOILERS

Anyways. Um.... I forgot what I was gonna post >.<

3GOD

Smash Ace
No, it's just the way you defended yourself and seemingly attacked Chaddd and whatnot which would lead to a potentially negative impression, as well as the fact that you seemingly egged on the discussion, despite many of us posting asking for an end (although other people continued it too).

But really. Let's not develop Halotitudes. Keep it friendly.
Not that he really needs defending, but I haven't seen Shai attack anyone really. All the posts I've seen by him have been well thought out and in no way offensive. I realize that this isn't the appropriate thread to discuss wobbling, but try getting a decent discussion going on it in the right spot and you'll have tons of nubs posting nonsense.

I personally think it's an interesting discussion and haven't really sensed any hostility from any parties (although KO's punch is a bit scary :)). I don't see why people would get a negative impression about Shai simply because he has made valid points about wobbling and other ICs tactics.

As for the wobbling, would I personally want it banned? Probably, just because I hate that feeling when I realize I've made a mistake to let it happen. I think this is really important to point out - most (90% maybe) of the times I get wobbled, it's because I did something stupid (spaced wrongly, did a laggy attack when the ICs were in good position, etc.) to get caught by it. However, I don't think it should be banned simply for the reason that it makes me feel bad.

Another thing - who cares if it's an infinite? The ultimate result is a loss of a stock from 20% or so (you should be able to break out before then in most cases). It has the same net result as getting shine spiked by fox at 20% or rested by Jiggs at 20%. Obviously, people will say that it takes skill/work to get the early shine spike or land that rest at a crucial moment. Well guess what, it takes skill/work to land a grab with both ICs in decent position - this is what makes wobbling legitimate. Obviously, it's not hard to hold the control stick and tap A at a certain tempo...getting that grab with both ICs near enough to start the wobbling is the hard part.

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
Laijin if i go ... witch is at like 50/50 right now.. i will deffentntly NOT mm u... not scared or anything.. i juss got like 0 money. im supa broke right now...

SleepyK

I dunno 3God, objective parties have read the thread and to them, Shai and nes came off as wieners.

And **** 3God, drop the discussion please.

**** are we going into another discussion? LOL guys.
let's be friends.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
lol, that's no spoiler Gerbil. It's in the instruction guide. :p

(am I the only one who reads them?)

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Wow talk about owning myself LMAO. I didn't read the manual, I jumped straight into the game and proceeded to enjoy it.

Anyways. We just got out of an hour long AIM chat, and the decision is final. Wobbling is banned. No ifs ands or buts about it. Just use the other infinites the ICs have. If you don't know them, you can check the Character Specific for Ice Climbers and find it there via one of their guides, or simply, post a topic and ask.

Anyone planning on attending Alpha's Forest Temple Smash (mainly those of you who are receiving housing) need to make sure you get directions there! Believe me, you do NOT want to tackle that neighborhood without the proper directions. Get them from him, cause I won't be able to direct you since I have my own memorized way to get to his house.

Might I also point out, you can arrive at the venue as early as 10 AM, any earlier and you'll be waiting outside... alone... without me or Mike or Alpha lol. Cause the managers don't open early, they open when they feel like it rofl.

/serious post

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
i apologize about the face punching comment altho its still gonna happen in game (ganon beats face) i just hate to see my friends get wobbled and lose to someone who is far crappier than them. (mid south knows how good keta is) but anyway shai i believe i played ya before at a Biweekly and u were a cool dude. i have no hate or aggression toward u. i just hate wobbling.

anyway sleepyk we should play. Ragnarok i cant wait to play ur fox its beefy! and GildedPunch you beast you! i really hope u r there. i wanna play you sooooo bad. i love your ness!

GAwes

Hidden Boss
get pissed yo

I love wobbling blah blah
this post was really long, i'm not gonna lie, I didn't read the entire thing. my internet has been out for like 2 days and i just read the last 4 pages of the same **** over and over and over, you guys cry wayyyyy to ****ing much, in the time you all spent arguing about this, you could have went out, got some beef, grilled burgers, and got better at smash. Instead, you opted for arguing about a ****ty infinite that isn't going to mean **** in 4 months anyway. You want a tournament where its legal? hold a tournament. I won't go.

Laijin if i go ... witch is at like 50/50 right now.. i will deffentntly NOT mm u... not scared or anything.. i juss got like 0 money. im supa broke right now...
jesus christ dood nice color selection. i "deffentntly" just ****ing lost what was left of my retinas.

let's be friends.
that more or less sounds like a "weiner" to me

wobble wobble wobble
god**** i'm gonna miss tong. i'm voting you for number 1, especially after your posts concerning women and their lack of rights. you really are from china bro, and i support your one party tyranny

about the face punching comment, its still gonna happen!
sweet

anyway, wobbling is gay, i'm not even going to try to waste my amazing arguing skills on the subject. its like arguing that france isn't cool. there really is no point.

and then people on ****ing smashboards always telling people to calm down. jeez man, its the internet, what are they gonna do, send a virus your way if the situation doesn't get under control. its a message board not a riot. you can be as mean as you want. here. check this out.

I ****ING HATE DATMAN. I HOPE HE CHOKES ON HIS OWN PLACENTA AND THAT HIS FAMILY FINDS HIS ROTTING CORPSE IN A HIV LADEN DUMPSTER. **** YOU DAVID. **** YOU!

as far as banning goes. . . you know what should really be banned?

Naruto headbands

Anime sucks

Gerbil

Smash Champion
BIG ****ING TEXT

OK anyways. Enough is enough. Let's just play Smash and have fun. I want to show you guys my new tricks ^.^ come find me and we'll get lots of friendlies going :D

3GOD

Smash Ace
this post was really long, i'm not gonna lie, I didn't read the entire thing. my internet has been out for like 2 days and i just read the last 4 pages of the same **** over and over and over, you guys cry wayyyyy to ****ing much, in the time you all spent arguing about this, you could have went out, got some beef, grilled burgers, and got better at smash. Instead, you opted for arguing about a ****ty infinite that isn't going to mean **** in 4 months anyway. You want a tournament where its legal? hold a tournament. I won't go.
I'm not sure if you were referring to my post or not, but you did quote me before posting this. If you had read my 4 small paragraphs, you would have seen that I don't like wobbling. Sorry if you felt that I was "crying" about wobbling being banned, but I have no clue how you got that from my post (other than the fact that you didn't read it).

<3 NES n00b's last couple of posts! Weiners FTW!

KO - I hope you didn't take my comment the wrong way. I meant it completely in jest. You're a cool dude.

P.S. I wish I could come to G4S4.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
In the latest news: Everyone should go play Melty Blood.. Psst...Or play Guilty Gear its basically the same thing, but you didn't hear it from me ;))

WOOT 3 days left b/c today no longer counts :)
btw, if anyone wants to play either one of these games (Guilty Gear's my preference) at G4S4, i will be happy to play. One thing I've always hated about the Smash community...they only play smash for the most part... :(

GA Peach

Smash Lord

jesus christ dood nice color selection. i "deffentntly" just ****ing lost what was left of my retinas.

that more or less sounds like a "weiner" to me

god**** i'm gonna miss tong. i'm voting you for number 1, especially after your posts concerning women and their lack of rights. you really are from china bro, and i support your one party tyranny

sweet

anyway, wobbling is gay, i'm not even going to try to waste my amazing arguing skills on the subject. its like arguing that france isn't cool. there really is no point.

and then people on ****ing smashboards always telling people to calm down. jeez man, its the internet, what are they gonna do, send a virus your way if the situation doesn't get under control. its a message board not a riot. you can be as mean as you want. here. check this out.

I ****ING HATE DATMAN. I HOPE HE CHOKES ON HIS OWN PLACENTA AND THAT HIS FAMILY FINDS HIS ROTTING CORPSE IN A HIV LADEN DUMPSTER. **** YOU DAVID. **** YOU!

as far as banning goes. . . you know what should really be banned?

Naruto headbands

Anime sucks
double post = large nuts

i'm wearing my headband just for you, wes. anime = fun

Jx31

Smash Ace
btw, if anyone wants to play either one of these games (Guilty Gear's my preference) at G4S4, i will be happy to play. One thing I've always hated about the Smash community...they only play smash for the most part... :(
Guilty Gear....+Smash? Saturday is going to be too good.

Tsunami157

Smash Journeyman
Tourney in 3 days. Huzzah and all that

Wait.... is Alpha's house the forest temple or the lost woods. It's make a big difference seeing as how Alpha could potentially be phantom Ganon or the skull kid. :) I vote for Ph. Ganon b/c he strikes fear in me. Hardest boss IMO <3 Alpha

BRAWL UPDATE: Wow this trainer character looks like ......... I don't want to sound pessimistic, but if Brawl is even mildly competitive with this trainer character, it will be a pure miracle. ( Mega balance issues :ohwell:) One good this is Charizard has teh Fire!!!!!

(GAPeach & Jx) Guilty Gear sounds really good. :) I hope you can teach me how to play a better Slayer b/c I love using him, but I feel he could be alot better.

Carter88

Smash Journeyman
I just realized that I'm able to go to this tournament, but I haven't really been keeping up with this thread and I'm not really in the mood to browse through 37 pages of what is most likely 90% bull**** and 10% real tournament talk. So, long story short, I'm looking for a teammate and I don't know who's taken or not. I'm looking for someone pretty good because I want to have a chance at winning. Also, is there going to be another GA vs OOS crew battle? Give me the info and give me a teammate (a good one, preferably in the top 10 of some state)

Gerbil

Smash Champion
All of GA's top 10 have been called, so you'll need an OOS player ^.^

As far as crew battles go, we havn't made a final decision, but we'll get back to you on that.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Tourney in 3 days. Huzzah and all that

Wait.... is Alpha's house the forest temple or the lost woods. It's make a big difference seeing as how Alpha could potentially be phantom Ganon or the skull kid. :) I vote for Ph. Ganon b/c he strikes fear in me. Hardest boss IMO <3 Alpha

BRAWL UPDATE: Wow this trainer character looks like ......... I don't want to sound pessimistic, but if Brawl is even mildly competitive with this trainer character, it will be a pure miracle. ( Mega balance issues :ohwell:) One good this is Charizard has teh Fire!!!!!

(GAPeach & Jx) Guilty Gear sounds really good. :) I hope you can teach me how to play a better Slayer b/c I love using him, but I feel he could be alot better.
awesome. always good to see someone wanting to play other stuff, especially GGXX. unfortunately, i don't know that much with Slayer... i mostly play Anji, Sol, HOS, Jam, Chipp, and Ky. In that skill order, as well.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
As far as crew battles go, we havn't made a final decision, but we'll get back to you on that.
I thought we were running with Wes's idea about the top 10 teams having a draft crew battle.

Because umm, I dont know if anyone cares, but i live both in and out of Georgia. Everytime we have a GA vs. OOS crew battle, my heart breaks in two. :(

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
First off my house is Forest temple so that makes me Phantom ganon BAWAWAWA

As far as the crew battle i was going to go with Wes idea on the top ten teams playing each other in the crew battle.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
First off my house is Forest temple so that makes me Phantom ganon BAWAWAWA

As far as the crew battle i was going to go with Wes idea on the top ten teams playing each other in the crew battle.
To elaborate on that, the neighborhood is the Lost Woods lol. Now that that is cleared up, I had nearly forgotten that we DID agree on Wes' idea for the crew battle. My bad. Thanks for clearing that up.

Nite

Smash Champion
I don't know why people were arguing. Wobbling is gay. Anyone who denies that doesn't like PSO and that's not cool with me.

Top Bottom