• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G4S4! (Columbus GA, September 1st) FUN CANCELLING!

Gerbil

Smash Champion
To elaborate on Fox's infinites. Fox has an infinite on every single char as long as Fox has a wall. The practicality of you seeing one of them in action longer than 5 seconds? Slim to none.

The JC Shine infinite (you know, shine, jump really super fast while shining again before you leave the ground, repeat) can keep characters, yes even the ones who fall over, up against the wall indefinately. Of course, you'd have to be a robot or similar to pull this off for more than 2 seconds (that's about 10 JC shines)

The waveshine is the most common infinite, but you rarely see it reversed to drag a char back and forth, you only ever see it to move a char from one side to the other.

Anyways, I just wanted to point those out.

lol@Ares G4S4 scam, I'm looking forward to retirement /sarcasm

This tournament is going to kick major ***. I wish SWF would let us say ***. I mean, GFAQs let's us say ***. Why won't SWF let us say ass? *is sad cause he can't say **** :(

P.S. Mike, where is that thread at? I wanna read it for ****z and gigglez

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
let's just drop this infinite discussions, or we're going to start not liking each other.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Pretty sure Fox can drill shine a few chars across the stage, drill to the other side of the char, and then go reverse.
Dunno if that was to me or the other dude, but yeah this is exactly what I meant by dragging a char back the other way across a stage. I still havn't seen it used too often (I'm actually practicing on getting it to work properly, doubt I'll put it into tourny play, it's too easy to screw up)

EDIT: But Sleepy I lub u! O.o

>.>

:p

mog112

Smash Ace
the drill shine across the stage happens to me. when crtr is on, he does it to me accroos the stage and then back across again.

of course after this happens, i slap the controller out of his hands.

eastheaven

Smash Ace
New tactic to defeat ic infinite: make a show of mashing buttons and 'accidentally' hit pause and rapidly unpause

chaddd

Smash Lord
OSM, wobbling has only been banned at about half the major tournaments, and there has never been a case (aside from Wobbles himself) of an IC player winning a tournament largely because of wobbling. Wobbles wins because he's good. He recently won a tournament playing Fox and Jiggs, actually.

Yes, wobbling is not that difficult, but it's also not as easy as people say it is to set it up and execute it in game against a good player. I meant wobble properly as in use it in the proper context. I.e., knowing when to attempt chaingrabs instead, never messing it up, etc. I can usually get about 2 wobbles per game, but most IC players cannot...yeah, it's relatively easy, but so is Smash in general. There are a lot of techniques that have way too much payoff for their level of difficulty, but there's nothing you can do about it but learn to deal with it. Or ban it.

I don't know what you're talking about concerning Chu. He regularly placed 2nd or higher in major tournaments (MLG tourneys for instance) before wobbling was even used. And Chudat won Pound 2, where wobbling was banned. He got 2nd at FC, where it wasn't.

Gerbil, ICs have no infinites against most of the cast, as I said already. Among the characters people actually use (mids and up), ICs can infinite CF and Sheik. That's it. All the other characters can easily escape any given chaingrab.

Ragnarock, you haven't seen me play in a long time, so I don't know why you're saying that. Maybe you watched some of my videos, but even so, those were recorded about a month ago. Also, I wobble perfectly. At best you can do it as well as I can.

BTW Chaddd lost to Chu because Chu is one of the best players in the country. No disrespect to Chaddd, who I know is very good.

I don't really want to argue about this anymore. Most people want to ban wobbling so it gets banned. I just wanted to reply to a couple points that were totally wrong.

Peace.
Okay. First of all. No.

Okay, with that out of the way, let me explain some things to you:

1. Wobbling has been banned at almost every major tournament as of recently. It was, however, neglected to be banned at this tournament due in part the Street Fighter community's opinion on infinites (most that attended Evo applauded when they viewed the infinite grab).

2.I once wobbled my opponent while talking to a friend about Halo and watching him play, as well as walking behind the television to watch a game of Third Strike. I also found myself able to once 3 stock Mike G using just the wobbles. You think that infinite grab takes any skill at all? Stop playing Gamecube, go get Marvel vs Capcom 2 for the Dreamcast, and let me know why you think Magneto's ROM infinite is legal.

Also, yeah, Fox is sooooooo broken. Actually, Jigglypuff has a Down B that kills almost everytime it connects, Peach has a down smash that can potentially do upwards of 50%, Marth's forward smash range is impenetrable by any other attack in the game, Ganondorf's down aerial does 24%, Falco's forward-b spike adds to his already non meteor-cancel-able down aerial, Pikachu's tail can KO Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, and most fastfallers at less than 3%, Pichu's up aerial can combo a Falco upwards of 11 times on Final D, and the Ice Climbers are two f*cking characters in 1 with the ability to:

-charge smash attacks and edgehog simultaneously.
-chaingrab ALL characters in the game(there's a lot more chain throws than just the down throw to down throw, dude.)
-De-sync for multiple attacks.
-And infinite any character on any stage for however long they can keep it going. My record is 15 minutes, and I don't even play Ice Climbers.

Pretending that the skill used in Chain Throwing and the skill used in wobbling are the same when all you do is wobble anyway, it makes it much easier to get lamed. How many grabs happen per game? How many immediately lead to a stock loss because of an ability of a single character?

As for my match with Chu, yes, he is a very skilled player. We still went to three games in the 2/3 set despite the wobbles. But a total of 4 of my stocks were taken(from 7% of lower) out of the three total matches. What sort of outcome do you think there would have been if with every grab I got, I could have just snapped my fingers and made one of Chu's stocks disappear?

The infinite itself is unfair only because it is the only ability of any character in the game (except the freeze glitch, which is already banned everywhere) that is totally inescapable once it's begun and takes relatively no practice to perform consistently. Also because it's character specific to one character, making one grab from a single character the only grab in the game that can and will always take a stock from you.

I'm also under the impression that you didn't see the match, but I could be wrong. Whatever you like to believe about why I lost is your decision to make.

SleepyK

lol I love you Chaddd. Congrats at Evo!

But really, let's drop the discussion on it. It's banned as per the Tournament Director's preferences, and that's that.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Congratulations to Chaddd and Wes for doing so well at Evo.

@Hando: I'll try to get in contact with Dan and tell him that he can ride with you.

Where in Columbus should I go on Friday night for a smashfest? The Lost Woods? Prac's house?

@Memphis: Where will you guys be friday night? I need my daniel-bear :(

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
You can smash DI the drill to get out of range of the shine. I promise.
shut up or go away Shai, nobody wants to argue with you about infinites anymore. nobody wanted to in the first place. go wobble your way off of a building.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Okay. First of all. No.

Okay, with that out of the way, let me explain some things to you:

1. Wobbling has been banned at almost every major tournament as of recently. It was, however, neglected to be banned at this tournament due in part the Street Fighter community's opinion on infinites (most that attended Evo applauded when they viewed the infinite grab).

2.I once wobbled my opponent while talking to a friend about Halo and watching him play, as well as walking behind the television to watch a game of Third Strike. I also found myself able to once 3 stock Mike G using just the wobbles. You think that infinite grab takes any skill at all? Stop playing Gamecube, go get Marvel vs Capcom 2 for the Dreamcast, and let me know why you think Magneto's ROM infinite is legal.

Also, yeah, Fox is sooooooo broken. Actually, Jigglypuff has a Down B that kills almost everytime it connects, Peach has a down smash that can potentially do upwards of 50%, Marth's forward smash range is impenetrable by any other attack in the game, Ganondorf's down aerial does 24%, Falco's forward-b spike adds to his already non meteor-cancel-able down aerial, Pikachu's tail can KO Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, and most fastfallers at less than 3%, Pichu's up aerial can combo a Falco upwards of 11 times on Final D, and the Ice Climbers are two f*cking characters in 1 with the ability to:

-charge smash attacks and edgehog simultaneously.
-chaingrab ALL characters in the game(there's a lot more chain throws than just the down throw to down throw, dude.)
-De-sync for multiple attacks.
-And infinite any character on any stage for however long they can keep it going. My record is 15 minutes, and I don't even play Ice Climbers.

Pretending that the skill used in Chain Throwing and the skill used in wobbling are the same when all you do is wobble anyway, it makes it much easier to get lamed. How many grabs happen per game? How many immediately lead to a stock loss because of an ability of a single character?

As for my match with Chu, yes, he is a very skilled player. We still went to three games in the 2/3 set despite the wobbles. But a total of 4 of my stocks were taken(from 7% of lower) out of the three total matches. What sort of outcome do you think there would have been if with every grab I got, I could have just snapped my fingers and made one of Chu's stocks disappear?

The infinite itself is unfair only because it is the only ability of any character in the game (except the freeze glitch, which is already banned everywhere) that is totally inescapable once it's begun and takes relatively no practice to perform consistently. Also because it's character specific to one character, making one grab from a single character the only grab in the game that can and will always take a stock from you.

I'm also under the impression that you didn't see the match, but I could be wrong. Whatever you like to believe about why I lost is your decision to make.
Please enlighten me as to the chaingrabs that work on Fox, Falco, Marth, Peach, Mario, Dr. Mario, Ganon, Samus, and Jigglypuff. Oh that's right, there aren't any. And btw don't act like I'm an idiot. I know of all the chaingrabs and can do all of them, but they are all escapable for these characters I listed with proper DI, as soon as the first throw. This means they are not real chaingrabs.

Freeze glitch is banned because it makes the game unplayable if the opponent smash DIs out of grab range, not because it's an infinite.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Freeze glitch is banned because it makes the game unplayable if the opponent smash DIs out of grab range, not because it's an infinite.
shut up or go away Shai, nobody wants to argue with you about infinites anymore. nobody wanted to in the first place. go wobble your way off of a building.

Tsunami157

Smash Journeyman
Let's all be friends here :)

Woot!! Awesome tourney this weekend

Shai Hulud: If it makes you happy we can play some friendlies and you can wobble me to oblivion. ;)

Where is that X2X ?

Gotta hand it to my boy Reflex. When everyone else is complaining he can come in and say "Why don't you play someone low tier and have an actual reason to complain." <3 Luis :bowser:

Have fun with MP3 josh.
See everyone this Saturday.

Prac352

Smash Lord
Important housing update​

I don't have as much room at my place as I was hoping for. I'm supposed to be housing the panhandlers, memphis, and moogle's crew. I can still house two of the three, but either Alpha will have to claim one group, or one group can elect to crash with him.

If you have a personal preference, make it known.

And I believe Zone is looking to get housing for two people as well.

EDIT: RAWR!

Jx31

Smash Ace
Let's all be friends here :)

Woot!! Awesome tourney this weekend

Shai Hulud: If it makes you happy we can play some friendlies and you can wobble me to oblivion. ;)

Where is that X2X ?

Gotta hand it to my boy Reflex. When everyone else is complaining he can come in and say "Why don't you play someone low tier and have an actual reason to complain." <3 Luis :bowser:

Have fun with MP3 josh.
See everyone this Saturday.
I think hes dead *sends another unresponded to im*, or he has an evil evil class(es). :urg:

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Where is that X2X ?

I play low tiers often. It is your choice to choose low tiers or not. Therefore, no one should complain ever. ;)

Anyways, we should just calm down so we can just play this tourney in good spirits. Didn't think this debate woukd be so touchy.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
*is enjoying the Awesome that is Metroid Prime 3*

Tournament? Oh... oh yeah... this thing... haha.... I'll still be here :p (I think I'm a host, I dunno) ^.^

GA Peach

Smash Lord
I play low tiers often. It is your choice to choose low tiers or not. Therefore, no one should complain ever. ;)

Anyways, we should just calm down so we can just play this tourney in good spirits. Didn't think this debate woukd be so touchy.
what the heck? it's not even a heated debate yet? why does everyone try to avoid conflict like it's the plague, so to speak? discussion is healthy, you know. we don't live in a world where everyone thinks the same. btw, Shai, wobbling is mad broken. this is the only fighting game i've played where you can die from one grab, mostly due to the fact that there's no auto-break command on grabs in SSBM. only one character can do it, and it auto-kills...i love fighting games...

chaddd

Smash Lord
Please enlighten me as to the chaingrabs that work on Fox, Falco, Marth, Peach, Mario, Dr. Mario, Ganon, Samus, and Jigglypuff. Oh that's right, there aren't any. And btw don't act like I'm an idiot. I know of all the chaingrabs and can do all of them, but they are all escapable for these characters I listed with proper DI, as soon as the first throw. This means they are not real chaingrabs.

The fact that you listed Ganon just makes me laugh even harder. I have awesome smash DI, and was able to escape a few of Chu's down throw chain grabs, but used correctly, the down throw to Nana down air to down throw again is virtually impossible to escape from if the user doesn't make any mistakes. If fact, I watched Chu carry Chillindude and Ken across the stage in finals with that one chain grab.

And we all know Ken has terrible DI.

You lose.

Edit: Why did you make a list of characters that have weights that are perfect for that chain throw to prove me WRONG?

Double Edit: How about we play a game where you can use the infinite and I'll just use whatever character comes to mind so you can tell me how much it will matter if you have the infinite or not?

NES n00b

Smash Master
what the heck? it's not even a heated debate yet? why does everyone try to avoid conflict like it's the plague, so to speak? discussion is healthy, you know. we don't live in a world where everyone thinks the same. btw, shai, you can chaingrab peach with ICs. i dunno about the other characters on the list. i think you can CG Marth, as well. who knows... :ohwell:
Everyone seems to hate wobbling. By the way some people typed their posts, they seemed angry about it or something. People were saying let the debate die so why not? It is obvious that no matter what they will not be convinced to embrace any kind of infinite. Even though I don't like getting caught in infinites either, I do realize it's rediculous to make rules banning them because they are "easy to do" or "cheap."

Oh well, I don't even use ICs. =P

Edit: peach, Mario, and Jigglypuff are the perfect weight for the chain throw? 0_o

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
I Summon The Alpha Gundam!!!

**** all this happen while i was making love to gerbils mom fufufufufu

Mid South and NFL: You guys will be crashing with me and ill pm or hit you up on aim to give you my phone and address.

Shai: I hope the ban of the wobbling does not stop you from coming:)

to whom ever has a car: GIVE RAYKU A RIDE

GA Wes: why didnt you take me to evo:( *dont ignore my post either lol* and congrats on what 13th??

Ares: taking the path of manacloud???

Tom: the lost woods will be having a smashfest this friday and everyone is invited

Chaddd: congrats on getting 9th at evo

Tsunami: i got mindgamez by you on aim yesterday

and i have yet to pick up my copy of metroid prime 3 <.<

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Everyone seems to hate wobbling. By the way some people typed their posts, they seemed angry about it or something. People were saying let the debate die so why not? It is obvious that no matter what they will not be convinced to embrace any kind of infinite. Even though I don't like getting caught in infinites either, I do realize it's rediculous to make rules banning them because they are "easy to do" or "cheap."

Oh well, I don't even use ICs. =P

Edit: peach, Mario, and Jigglypuff are the perfect weight for the chain throw? 0_o
i don't really mind other infinites in games. i.e. MvC2, GGXX, CvS2, etc. however, most are MUCH more avoidable than not getting grabbed at all in SSBM. Also, ease of execution makes a huge difference, as well. Obviously, especially during a heated match, the harder the execution, the higher chance of mistake, and thus, higher chance of escaping an infinite. wobbling is REAL hard to mess up, as chad even said. he held a conversation about a game with someone, while watching him PLAY the game, even. i don't know of any other infinite that requires that little concentration, therefore making wobbling to be considered a "negative play experience" by most. games are supposed to = fun. wobbling makes it less so.

btw, why would anyone get mad at being wobbled? it's annoying, sure, and makes a match boring to play, but if someone gets genuinely angry, i think they have other issues on their mind/at hand. just a game...well, unless you have money on the line, i guess...

NES n00b

Smash Master
i don't really mind other infinites in games. i.e. MvC2, GGXX, CvS2, etc. however, most are MUCH more avoidable than not getting grabbed at all in SSBM. Also, ease of execution makes a huge difference, as well. Obviously, especially during a heated match, the harder the execution, the higher chance of mistake, and thus, higher chance of escaping an infinite. wobbling is REAL hard to mess up, as chad even said. he held a conversation about a game with someone, while watching him PLAY the game, even. i don't know of any other infinite that requires that little concentration, therefore making wobbling to be considered a "negative play experience" by most. games are supposed to = fun. wobbling makes it less so.

btw, why would anyone get mad at being wobbled? it's annoying, sure, and makes a match boring to play, but if someone gets genuinely angry, i think they have other issues on their mind/at hand. just a game...well, unless you have money on the line, i guess...
Nothing should be banned because of ease of use or not fun. That is all subjective. I could say having to fight a Sheik is no fun (not true but bear with me). Sheik is much easier to use and win with than alot of characters in the game but she is not banned. I truly do believe people ban it because it is an "easy" infinite which should not qualify for banning.

I hope no one gets mad at being wobbled. Annoyed is understandable. XD (Wobbling a Bowser Shai? The SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol) I sort of like it because it teaches me to not get grabbed. . . .just like ICs other chaingrabs.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I have Metroid Prime 3 in my car ^_^

Ares and my team name is too good. To be announced this Saturday, in song.

I have nothing against wobbling, and don't think it should be banned, but it's not my tournament (and I play Samus lolz so I'm a bit biased).

If HugS can get second at EVO, expect Alpha, Desu, and I for top 3 yayuhz.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
The fact that you listed Ganon just makes me laugh even harder. I have awesome smash DI, and was able to escape a few of Chu's down throw chain grabs, but used correctly, the down throw to Nana down air to down throw again is virtually impossible to escape from if the user doesn't make any mistakes. If fact, I watched Chu carry Chillindude and Ken across the stage in finals with that one chain grab.

And we all know Ken has terrible DI.

You lose.

Edit: Why did you make a list of characters that have weights that are perfect for that chain throw to prove me WRONG?

Double Edit: How about we play a game where you can use the infinite and I'll just use whatever character comes to mind so you can tell me how much it will matter if you have the infinite or not?
I'm sorry Chaddd but you are 100% in the wrong. Ask Wobbles or any other knowledgeable ICs player if you don't believe me.

Dr. Mario - cannot be chain thrown (can jump out)
Mario - cannot be chain thrown (can jump out)
Luigi - cannot be chain thrown (can jump out)
Bowser - nana sh dair chain throw
Peach - cannot be chain thrown (can jump out)
Yoshi - nana dsmash chain throw
DK - cannot be chain thrown (can jump out)
C. Falcon - nana sh dair chain throw
Ganondorf - cannot be chain thrown (di down, c-stick di away)
Falco - cannot be chain thrown (di down and away, c-stick di away)
Fox - cannot be chain thrown (di down and away, c-stick di away)
Ness - nana sh dair chain throw
Ice Climbers - yes if single, no if both
Kirby - nana sh dair chain throw
Samus - cannot be chain thrown (can jump out)
Zelda - nana sh dair chain throw
Sheik - nana sh dair chain throw; nana dsmash chain throw
Link - nana sh dair chain throw
Young Link - nana sh dair chain throw
Pichu - nana sh dair chain throw
Pikachu - nana sh dair chain throw
Jigglypuff - cannot be chain thrown (can jump out)
Mewtwo - nana sh dair chain throw
Mr. Game & Watch - nana sh dair chain throw
Marth - cannot be chain thrown (di up)
Roy - nana sh dair chain throw

I've played 3God's Ganon and he's not as good as you but has no problem DIing out of my chaingrabs. You obviously need more ICs practice if you're getting chaingrabbed.

And don't be so defensive. Me disagreeing with you is nothing personal.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I have Metroid Prime 3 in my car ^_^

Ares and my team name is too good. To be announced this Saturday, in song.

I have nothing against wobbling, and don't think it should be banned, but it's not my tournament (and I play Samus lolz so I'm a bit biased).

If HugS can get second at EVO, expect Alpha, Desu, and I for top 3 yayuhz.
We are playing that stuff on the way there. You cant avoid it.

SleepyK

Rofl Yang, "Go wobble yourself off a building".
Are you okay? I love you man.

And Marty, while I do agree with you, this is a tournament discussion thread, not a wobbles discussion thread. We can make a wobbles discussion thread and discuss it there without bringing hostility about the tournament. Hostility including minor dislikes and other unpleasantness.

Prac352

Smash Lord
**** all this happen while i was making love to gerbils mom fufufufufu

Mid South and NFL: You guys will be crashing with me and ill pm or hit you up on aim to give you my phone and address.

Shai: I hope the ban of the wobbling does not stop you from coming:)

to whom ever has a car: GIVE RAYKU A RIDE

GA Wes: why didnt you take me to evo:( *dont ignore my post either lol* and congrats on what 13th??

Ares: taking the path of manacloud???

Tom: the lost woods will be having a smashfest this friday and everyone is invited

Chaddd: congrats on getting 9th at evo

Tsunami: i got mindgamez by you on aim yesterday

and i have yet to pick up my copy of metroid prime 3 <.<
Quit trying to bogart all my smashers. Pick one crew you greedy *******.

Jx31

Smash Ace
ICE CLIMBERS CAN SUX MAH DIX yes

Rofl at the randomness!

Can someone give me a ride to said smashfest? I'm not going to miss another **** event, especially one so close to me, due to a lack of ride....help meh o_o.

SleepyK

Ohhh crap, I forgot guys. 112 and I might need a ride to this. 112 is tired of driving me around and he wants to mooch a ride this time lol. halp!

Top Bottom