• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G4S4! (Columbus GA, September 1st) FUN CANCELLING!

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
I'll swap "mains" with you for laughs. My Pichu vs your Fox. No money since it's an extremely obvious disadvantage, but I always liked fighting fast fallers with Pichu just because the combos are so funny. :D
hey gerbil ill MM my Pichu vs your fox.

best 3/5 $5

what say you?

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Yang <3
Yeah, if he doesn't come I wanna team with you for certain.

GAwes

Hidden Boss
man, i can't wait til chad sees that post about wobbling

p.s. i got 11th at evo (tied with mew2king looool) and chad got 9th. there were 270 entrants =P

pps chad ****ing mutilated eddie and anyone that says chad isn't the best ganon in america is a ****ing moron

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
This is the offical wobbling policy. Everyone read it carefully:

If you wobble at this tournament during a match, the person you wobbled and any of their friends get to wobble you in RL. We will have mallets on hand in case such an event occurs.

EDIT: This policy also states that Wobbling is banned. Please pick another of the various IC infinites.
Awww, lame...I'm probably the only person who really uses it. If you don't mind me asking, why is it banned?

And wobbling is the only infinite for use on Fox, Falco, Peach, Marth, Jiggs, Ganon, Samus...most of IC's trickier matchups, that is.

You do know you wobbling only works at 40% or higher, right?

-Chad-

Slackerator
man, i can't wait til chad sees that post about wobbling

p.s. i got 11th at evo (tied with mew2king looool) and chad got 9th. there were 270 entrants =P

pps chad ****ing mutilated eddie and anyone that says chad isn't the best ganon in america is a ****ing moron
Dam, kick *** Wes+Chad

Did they do teams? I'm guessing they did, but how did you guys do?

Awww, lame...I'm probably the only person who really uses it. If you don't mind me asking, why is it banned?

And wobbling is the only infinite for use on Fox, Falco, Peach, Marth, Jiggs, Ganon, Samus...most of IC's trickier matchups, that is.

You do know you wobbling only works at 40% or higher, right?
I dunno about that honestly, I think IHSB or Myz can attest to me being able to break out of grabs super fast, but I've been wobbled at like...20% to 300%...*glares at Chaddd* yeah I still remember that time you started wobbling me, got up from the chair, sat next to the TV, and then proceeded to laugh at me. It was really really funny though :laugh:

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Wobbling is banned. Done. I don't think we have to explain ourselves, but it just is. Not trying to sound like an ***, but we don't want it to get out of hand. (You guys know I love all of you anyway)

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Lol, out of hand? I'm pretty sure I'm one of the only IC mains going and probably the only one who can really wobble properly. But there's no way that I could glide through the brackets just because of that.

But yeah, it's not my tournament. Didn't mean to sound flippant or whatever.

*weeps for Nana*

I'll just play Fox. He's not broken at all. >_>

GAwes

Hidden Boss
I'm one of the only IC mains going and probably the only one who can really wobble properly. But there's no way that I could glide through the brackets just because of that.
i wanna respond to this in 2 parts

1st part - "wobble properly" - thats funny because not only is wobbling such bull**** that there is no "proper" way to do it, i'd like to say that once i saw what wobbling was, i went online, read how to do it, and got it off within 6 secs. wobbling is stupid and its ****ing easy

2. its entirely likely that a semidecent IC player could win a pro tournament where wobbling is allowed. You just have to set up for one grab per life. comon man, wobbling is a ****ing joke. look at evo, chu wouldn't have even made it to pro bracket if not for wobbling, and i don't think he would have beaten chillin either

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Ask Chaddd why he lost to Chu. That will tell you immediately why wobbling is banned. You're also not the only IC main going, I'm pretty sure PB&J is going as well.

Plus, wobbling is really that simple. I've only touched ICs in friendlies less than 10 times, and each of those times I've tried to wobble. I don't even know the concept of timing it. All I know is, I tapped A, and it worked lol.

So yeah it's cool, and I understand your position, but again. It's banned. Just use some other infinite that is more difficult to pull off (i.e. you are capable of actually messing it up lol)

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Lol, out of hand? I'm pretty sure I'm one of the only IC mains going and probably the only one who can really wobble properly. But there's no way that I could glide through the brackets just because of that.

But yeah, it's not my tournament. Didn't mean to sound flippant or whatever.

*weeps for Nana*

I'll just play Fox. He's not broken at all. >_>
Your wrong. I can combo into that easy crap, matter fact a noob can wobble. No offense though, but you do have a real good IC, just rely on your other stuff. Which I know you know alot of other tactics.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
OSM, wobbling has only been banned at about half the major tournaments, and there has never been a case (aside from Wobbles himself) of an IC player winning a tournament largely because of wobbling. Wobbles wins because he's good. He recently won a tournament playing Fox and Jiggs, actually.

Yes, wobbling is not that difficult, but it's also not as easy as people say it is to set it up and execute it in game against a good player. I meant wobble properly as in use it in the proper context. I.e., knowing when to attempt chaingrabs instead, never messing it up, etc. I can usually get about 2 wobbles per game, but most IC players cannot...yeah, it's relatively easy, but so is Smash in general. There are a lot of techniques that have way too much payoff for their level of difficulty, but there's nothing you can do about it but learn to deal with it. Or ban it.

I don't know what you're talking about concerning Chu. He regularly placed 2nd or higher in major tournaments (MLG tourneys for instance) before wobbling was even used. And Chudat won Pound 2, where wobbling was banned. He got 2nd at FC, where it wasn't.

Gerbil, ICs have no infinites against most of the cast, as I said already. Among the characters people actually use (mids and up), ICs can infinite CF and Sheik. That's it. All the other characters can easily escape any given chaingrab.

Ragnarock, you haven't seen me play in a long time, so I don't know why you're saying that. Maybe you watched some of my videos, but even so, those were recorded about a month ago. Also, I wobble perfectly. At best you can do it as well as I can.

BTW Chaddd lost to Chu because Chu is one of the best players in the country. No disrespect to Chaddd, who I know is very good.

I don't really want to argue about this anymore. Most people want to ban wobbling so it gets banned. I just wanted to reply to a couple points that were totally wrong.

Peace.

SleepyK

Certainly if the person is aware of the wobbles they'll play more defensively to avoid getting grabbed, but even then not getting grabbed in ssbm.... okay.

It's just that... which characters have techniques like this, that give you an instant kill, regardless of the matchup, stage, or percentage? Therein lies the problem. Name another technique. and shine doesn't count, since it's avoidable.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Certainly if the person is aware of the wobbles they'll play more defensively to avoid getting grabbed, but even then not getting grabbed in ssbm.... okay.

It's just that... which characters have techniques like this, that give you an instant kill, regardless of the matchup, stage, or percentage? Therein lies the problem. Name another technique. and shine doesn't count, since it's avoidable.
I got a good hint. Play Samus, Peach, Jigglypuff, Ganon, or CF (even Link). If the IC player isn't Chu Dat or Wobbles, you will most likely win. If the off chance you don't win, then go to Pokefloats and gay them even further. ICs are not that bad of a problem. I play against Shai all the time and he does wobble. Yet, I win games. . . how is it possible? The ICs have a very shortranged grab and must be in synch. As long as I use a decent character that is not that easy to grab, I can win.

And yes he wobbles me maybe once or twice a game, but so what. I would have gotten chain grabbed to death anyways with most of the characters I play. I still win games, too. The truth is. . . that wobbles helps balance out the game by making it so that the ICs can MAYBE win against their absurd counters.

SleepyK

I'll use your points against you. Chu dat won before without wobbles.
You didn't answer my question.

NES n00b

Smash Master
No technique. . . because you really can't wobble on Pokefloats. -_- And since shine can be exempted because of being able to be avoided, then wobbles also fits into that category of being avoidable.

Edit: Wobbles are needed for characters like Samus and Peach who are gay against ICs.

SleepyK

okay, so one stage suddenly changes the fact that it can be done on all the other stages.
You can wobble long enough on pokefloats anyway.

Sure. Shine's not a guaranteed kill.

Chudat beats peaches and samuses without wobbles. zoink.

It's like most other fighting games. Infinites are banned, because they are infinites - you're unable to get out of them and they guarantee a kill.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Yo -Chad-, I'd like to get some friendlies with you this time.
Seen you at too many **** tournaments and haven't ever really played you at all.
Pika dittos would be nice, too, if time allows.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Lol Sleepy K, what scrub *** fighting games are you talking about? Infinites are hardly ever banned. In fact the Smash community's reaction to the IC's ftilt infinite is one of the reasons Smash is not taken seriously by more established communities.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
The truth is. . . that wobbles helps balance out the game by making it so that the ICs can MAYBE win against their absurd counters.
Don't even mention "absurd counters" when it comes to ICs; nothing that the ICs have to deal with tops some of Bowser's matchups. I play Bowser; I have literally unwinnable matchups.

The ICs don't need an insta-win technique to be good; they have a pretty decent amount going for them as it is; hot chaingrabs, an incredible wavedash, and double Smashes, in essence.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Chudat beats peaches and samuses without wobbles. zoink.

It's like most other fighting games. Infinites are banned, because they are infinites - you're unable to get out of them and they guarantee a kill.
Unless you are Chudat, good luck with that. In fact, I will play Samus against someone's ICs and he can even use wobble. I guarentee he will have a hard time even though I hardly play the character. (try it with IHSB or X2X for that matter, you most likely won't win unless you are greatly better than them)

Other fighters do not ban infinites. Look at Marvel vs Capcom 2.

Edit: You are right ReflexWonder. Sheik and Jigglypuff are way too gay against Bowser(among other characters).

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Hmm...I'll say it for the third time.

ICs can chaingrab Sheik and CF of the mid-tiers and higher. That is all.

And yes Reflex you play a terrible character and I am sorry. But justifying the exclusion of a technique because a character is "good enough without it" is absurd. Are ICs really good enough without it? Well they're not as good as Fox. They're not as good as Marth. They're not as good as Falco. It's difficult to really do well with them, and few people do...so how exactly are they good enough without it?

I maintain that Fox would still be quite good without the shine. At the very worst, he would certainly be mid-tier, probably better than the Ice Climbers. But if I suggested banning the shine (assuming this were possible) because of that, you would laugh at me, and rightly so. It's absurd reasoning.

SleepyK

You're right. They don't. I think I just assumed that, and I was wrong. Sorry about that, lol.
Sorry about getting worked up over this too. Let's just leave it at "wobbles are banned at g4s4. Oh well." and be friends, please. I don't want to develop a halotitude.

Somasu

Smash Ace
My chances for coming to this have, once again, slimmed =(

See.. my grandmother recentlly passed away this morning, and.. yeah.

My parents have been getting stuff together, and the funeral MIGHT be on Saturday, and if it is, then.. I'm out for a tournament.

Agh, this sucks so much.

SleepyK

Soma, the fact that your grandmother died sucks more. I think that's a little more important than a tournament. I'm sorry about your loss.

Somasu

Smash Ace
Yeah, I know. That's why it sucks. The tournament, my loss, my family's sadness, they all suck alltogether.

=( Not a good day, at all.

Though, I will admit. Part of me is more than happy that she has passed. For a long time now, she's been living in a nursing home, sick and (mostly)alone. Everytime we visited her, she always seemed so sad and desperate to get out of there. Now, she actually has gotten out of there, and is probably a lot better off.

PB&J

Smash Hero
Wobbling is an unfair infinite anyways. And its to easy to do.
i think wobbled should be allowed not because i use icy's because i never use it..only because it will make everybody who plays icy's a better smasher...it will teach u not to get grabbed...how do u stop wobbling...kill nana..its not hard...the most important thing is that chu dat does better when wobbles is banned thaten he can use it,but i know we all know that

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
And yes Reflex you play a terrible character and I am sorry. But justifying the exclusion of a technique because a character is "good enough without it" is absurd. Are ICs really good enough without it? Well they're not as good as Fox. They're not as good as Marth. They're not as good as Falco. It's difficult to really do well with them, and few people do...so how exactly are they good enough without it?
For the record, I never used that concept to justify banning it.

Either way, people cannot use the difficulty level of it as an excuse. The applicability of it, however, is something that can be pointed out, I would imagine.

Fox needs a wall to do something with his. ICs can do it anywhere. The Smash community enjoys its fairly-balanced game. If I wanted to play a broken game, I'd pick up MvC2 or something.

SleepyK

Reflex, we got some lava combos going at The Nana games :D

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
For the record, I never used that concept to justify banning it.

Either way, people cannot use the difficulty level of it as an excuse. The applicability of it, however, is something that can be pointed out, I would imagine.

Fox needs a wall to do something with his. ICs can do it anywhere. The Smash community enjoys its fairly-balanced game. If I wanted to play a broken game, I'd pick up MvC2 or something.
I wasn't talking about Fox's "infinites" actually, because he doesn't have any. I was referring to the brokenness of a move and the possibility of gimp kills.

I don't think wobbling breaks Smash, and the people I smash with regularly would agree with me. For wobbling to break Smash the ICs would have to be the best character in the game, by a significant (unbeatable) margin. This clearly isn't the case...

SleepyK

Stoke! Ares, are you handling the vids for this? I could handle a few tapes if you need me to.

Ares726

Smash Ace
Stoke! Ares, are you handling the vids for this? I could handle a few tapes if you need me to.
That would be fantastic. I'll definitely take Winner's/Loser's/Grand Finals for Teams and Singles, but I would very much appreciate the rest of GA pitching in to take the rest.

IF YOU GET IN THE FINALS PLEASE DO NOT PLAY ON A TV YOU KNOW ISN'T RECORDING. COME GET ME, GERBIL, OR X2X SO WE CAN ACTUALLY RECORD ALL THE FINALS FOR ONCE.

Thank you for your cooperation.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
IF YOU GET IN THE FINALS PLEASE DO NOT PLAY ON A TV YOU KNOW ISN'T RECORDING. COME GET ME, GERBIL, OR X2X SO WE CAN ACTUALLY RECORD ALL THE FINALS FOR ONCE.

Thank you for your cooperation.
:[

I wonder who they're referring to here.

Ares726

Smash Ace
This just in:

We will be selling data DVDs of G4S4 for $100 (S&H of $5,000 not included). We will also be making really ugly t-shirts and selling them for $50 each. If you want to play Wes before he leaves for England, it'll cost $30 per stock. Also, no cameras are allowed in the building unless you pay the $15 spectator fee and the $40 camera fee. We're just trying to hold a good tourney. All extra money will go straight to CDE's pockets, and we're all going to retire after this tournament.

/sarcasm

I was browsing threads and saw the OC3 DVD thread. Please excuse the randomness.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
@Chad--They are all escapable, except the wallshine infinite on the rock formation of Pokemon Stadium...

Top Bottom