• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G4S4! (Columbus GA, September 1st) FUN CANCELLING!

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
Your last chance to catch a wild GA Wes before he escapes to Europe LOL!
Address, Date, and Time:

CyberLANding
5870 Veterans Pkwy
Columbus GA 31904
Phone: 706-320-0500

Saturday, September 1st registration begins at 11:00 AM EST, Tournament will begin promptly around 12:00 PM ESt, the building itself opens at 10:00 AM EST. (Please note the time zone, and adjust accordingly)

As a little help to find the place, when you arrive please note it is on a building complex around the corner. You will see an Everything Musical store, as well as a couple random shops like Papa Johns and American Buffalo. Go all the way around the complex, you should also be able to see the highway.

Entry Fee

15$ Singles
20$ Doubles (10$ per person)
5$ Door Fee (To help pay for the venue)

Prizes

Singles and Doubles

60% 1st
30% 2nd
10% 3rd

General Tournament Rules

4 Stock, 8 minute time limit for both singles and doubles

Games are done, Best of 3, Finals will be best of 5.

Pools will be done first follow by brackets. Both Single and doubles will be DOUBLE ELIMINATION.(Pools for singles only)

Doubles Team Attack is ON, LIFE stealing is allowed.

BYOC: I dont think this should be a problem anyways.

In the case of a GameCube/TV malfunction, the game will be restarted from the beginning, no matter what time it crashed.

All decisions made by tournament officials are final.

Players must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner. Permanent ejection of a player from the tournament is at the staff's discretion.

Any sign of cheating will also result in forfeit of the game.

Any intentional forfeiting or conspiring to manipulate the brackets will result in ejection and possible suspension from future tournaments.

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random unless both players/teams can agree on one.

Double Blind Rule: For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.

Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, & Pokemon Stadium

Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium

Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.

Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City.

Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, Kongo Jungle, Onett, and Great Bay.

No stage may be used twice in a Best of 3 or Best of 5 Series unless agree upon by both players.

After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose one stage from the available tournament list that won’t be used during the series.

After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.

This is the offical wobbling policy. Everyone read it carefully:

If you wobble at this tournament during a match, the person you wobbled and any of their friends get to wobble you in RL. We will have mallets on hand in case such an event occurs.

EDIT: This policy also states that Wobbling is banned. Please pick another of the various IC infinites.

Food and Drinks
We do have a cafe inside the building.

Anything from hotdogs to chips and candy to Bawls and Sprite, you should be able to find it. If not, there is a Papa Johns around the corner, as well as American Buffalo.
IMPORTANT!

We will offer free play on any open T.V for warming up and if you have been knocked out early and we have an open TV. HOWEVER! It must be used for SMASH ONLY. Also, you may only play if you have paid to enter the tournament. Spectators are not allowed to play.

You do not have to enter both singles and doubles, you may enter one, the other, or both at your discretion. Either way, the door fee will be paid.

Anyone wishing to use a computer or play a different game, it is your responsibility to pay for the time you use it. This is to prevent usage that we did not bargain for. T.Vs will only be available for other games AFTER the tournament is over.

Crew battle: I want to have another major crew battle but im not sure what kind of crew battle to have to throw some ideas at me k.

Conclusion
*Samus Taunt*

~Alpha

Pre Reg List:
Ares
Carter
Chad
Chaddd
Cornell
Dark Ninja
Desu
DogySamich
DP
Drumma boi
Evil E.
Full Metal
GA Peach
GA Wes
Gerbil
Gief
Holywack
IHSB
Iori
Jmoan
Jx31
Keta
Ko Kingpin+ 2 others
Laijin
MacKendra
Mankosuki
Mr.P
NES Noob
Nice1
Nite
Pb&j
Prac= Tv+ Cube
Ragnarock
Ram
Rayku= 2 cubes+Smash
Reflex
Renegade Marth
Seph20
Shai hulud
SleepyK
Soft
Somasu
Sunchaser
The one janitor
Tom (Yang)
Tong
Torg
Tsunami
Wizzlecroff= 1 cube
X2X
XIF
Zone= 1 tv+smash

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
God yes, I'll be there.

GPC vs CDE round 3?
We can't get enough of Alpha beating our *****! =P

I'll inform the GPC crew that we're going to this- they have no choice.

THIS IS SPARTA!!!

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
wtf, like the past 4 tourneys in GA have been "Wes' last one". He must really not want to leave. :)

well I already called off Sep. 1st for a FL tourney, but who knows. If Rice (or someone else from my crew) would team with me maybe I'll go here instead.

RAM

Smash Lord
hopefully I'll still make it to this it depends if Ragnarock still want to go. I demand friendlies with alot of you GA cats.

if you read this Rag call me so we can work out some details.

and one more thing Housing will be needed for a few peeps don't know how many but as time passes I'll know more.

Rayku

Smash Lord
8th post, my earliest yet =P

I'll most likely be coming to this, I need a ride but I'm in the process of doing so. Maybe I can do better at this than freaking SA....-.-

Somasu

Smash Ace
As a part of GPC, it is our duty to go to any G4S tourney =P

That said, I'll be there.

and if GPC has another rematch vs CDE, I'm gonna try and NOT choke this time =P *nervous johns*

And 9th post. Whee.

PB&J

Smash Hero
i ll be there with soft and we will be winning teams so sorry for the people trying to win..lol..we are going to try our best to win..gpc..the crew that doesn't back down

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
aight. So the tournament is called Fun Cancelling. That means im allowed to come Wobble people right?

__

Welp; here's hoping to not having a stupid *** football game or some **** that weekend.

MARCHING BAND IS GAY (but i need money : ( ( ( ( )

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I have time to detail out some more things, so here I go.

Last time we had once again, just enough TVs for what we needed to do. This time, we are requesting that you please, please, PLEASE bring TVs!!! Cubes and games are important too, but we only have 7 TVs to start with, and we will need plenty more. VCRs are your choice, I don't want to give the responsibility of uploading videos to Mike, but I will ask him if he would do it. If there is something specific you want recorded, and you have the means/time/VCR/tape to do it, go ahead, but try NOT to slow the pace down. If it is taking too much time, I will have no choice but to cut in and stop it. This should not be a problem in the first place.

Will edit later.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Hopefully Nite won't fun-cancel on Super Street Fighter II again. Dhalsim chaingrabs? >:[

Rayku

Smash Lord
Hey I just bought a cube off my friend. I can probably bring 2 cubes and 2-3 copies of smash, just to let you guys know ahead of time.

And that's all I got to say about that
-Forrest Gump

Daysoo

Smash Ace
I will probably have monies for this.
Also it's on a weekend so no classes.
Things are lookin' up for Desu~
Will try my ****edest to attend.
<3 Columbus.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
F*CK EM UP!!!

Ill be here, so go ahead and prereg me if youre doing that.

If youre not doing that, youre not as good as Innsomnia ;P

Uhh I'm going to need housing for this, so go ahead and mark me down as housed at Alpha's okay?!? LOST WOODS FTW

also I call Iori for teams. I already said it so shove off, everyone else. Team PREGAME MARSHMALLOWS FTW.

Jx31

Smash Ace
I'll be there, unless I have a concert or something on this date!

edit-I'll bring my cube and tiny *** tv if I have them with me by then. Taking my cube/tv with me for the beginning of the semester is starting to look a bit iffy >.>.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Oops, I meant 2 cubes + 2-3 copies of smash, I don't have 3 cubes hehehe. Just a reminder

I also have the best crew idea ever. How about whoever's not in a crew vs. a random crew =D We can all form together to form one un-united crew from random places. Maybe to put all those people who don't have crews to not feel all sad (like me =D)

-Chad-

Slackerator
!Appear

I found this topic.

I will try to make this, if RAM goes then I WILL make this.

I guess this means I'm not really slowing down on my smashing cause of school... man I'm gonna faiiil but it's gonna be fuuuun. Glad this is on a Saturday by the way.

I guess I'll stop rambling now.

Cheese doodles

***'emup!

!Hide

RAM

Smash Lord
Chad we'll discuss the situation on aim, as for now I have a noob tourney to go to so I can win a Nintendo Wii without even paying entry fee ^_^ free wii for the Win :chuckle:

Somasu

Smash Ace
Chad we'll discuss the situation on aim, as for now I have a noob tourney to go to so I can win a Nintendo Wii without even paying entry fee ^_^ free wii for the Win :chuckle:
WTF man! Why don't we have n00b tournaments like this? xD

I already have a Wii, but one of my friends don't and I'm sure a Wii would be a wonderful Birthday gift or something.

RAM, I demand more friendlies this time around.

Prac352

Smash Lord
Dibbs on Reflex!

You owe me this one.

I can also bring a tv and cube.

I'll probably be offering housing for this, but I'll have to get confirmation on that.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
I should be able to come to this. Especially since i didn't go to the savannah one.

If I come, i can bring a cube.

RAM

Smash Lord
Hey Chad get on AIM tonight!!! much to discuss old friend. Also I'm finally a pround owner of a WII with Assistance from Drumma Boi, Love you lil buddy. I did'nt even have to pay for my entry fee cause I brought my Gamecube for the store to use.

I'm trying to pan out the details Alpha but I think me and 3 peeps will need housing still need to talk to Ragnarock. to see if he will attend.

Somasu - more friendlies indeed.

Top Bottom