• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G.I.M.P.E.D. 1 Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Also, it was a fundamentally uneducated decision to host melee garbage first.

Fine you can still have love for the game, and it's not "dead" yet, but Brawl is still the newer game and deserves the primetime spot.

I just joined teams so that I can have enough time for the rest of my day but no, I still left that place at like 7:20 or so when teams ended.

Host brawl stuff first THEN see if melee people want to stay because regardless of whatever anyone thinks about which game is better, attendance numbers clearly indicate which one is currently more popular.

Thank you.
huh?

brawl is last because it's the main event

why do you think almsot every tourney ever does doubles then singles?

brawl being last also gave brawl players more time to get there.

if it was about what's more popular then it would make more sense to do brawl first, if you go to a concert they don't do the best song first and go down from there lol

plus if brawl started first it woulda started without you guys

Vinnie

Smash Master
MK will decline. In fact, he already is because other characters are rising. Dedede, Wario, Falco, Diddy Kong, Game and Watch, and Snake have been placing higher and higher, with Snake taking 1st a lot.
Huh? Game and Watch is going down on the tier list little by little, he isn't doing good in the competitive scene at all. Well, not many people use him. His smashes are almost void in super competitive play. You only have like, Hylian, Noj, Valdens, LeePuff... when almost 40% of all tournaments have a MK as its victor.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Huh? Game and Watch is going down on the tier list little by little, he isn't doing good in the competitive scene at all. Well, not many people use him. His smashes are almost void in super competitive play. You only have like, Hylian, Noj, Valdens, LeePuff... when almost 40% of all tournaments have a MK as its victor.
How are you going to leave out Omega Black Mage.....and right here we have Dire and Blackanese

doowop

Smash Apprentice
Ryan, why are you trying to use logic when dealing with the smash community? :|

Inui

Banned via Warnings
So, me and my brother came up with a very simple plan so that Wes and Dire do not pull that bucket off again :)

EDIT: and Chaos marth's gf is slammin
It's called...have a brain LOL. It wasn't that hard to deal with. Stay apart when he has the bucket charged in order to avoid losing two stocks for no reason. Split them up a lot and make sure both you and your partner don't die at the same time.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Snakeee you can just watch some ADHDTV/Anti Vs Wes And Dire vids. (ADHD did all the work)

Hax

Smash Champion
i'm torn over the melee/brawl first ordeal. at first i was like why the **** is melee first but now i've realized that melee being first lets the more popular game's players show up later which is convenient, and it allows for brawl singles grand finals to be "the match of the night." works better that way, or at least for the brawl noobs. :laugh:

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
OBVIOUSLY Melee had to go first. If you don't think so, then you go ahead and host an event with both melee and brawl, and have brawl first. Good luck with that ****.

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
i'm torn over the melee/brawl first ordeal. at first i was like why the **** is melee first but now i've realized that melee being first lets the more popular game's players show up later which is convenient, and it allows for brawl singles grand finals to be "the match of the night." works better that way, or at least for the brawl noobs. :laugh:
and that is why i schedule it that way.

also since the melee scene is more reliable and mature they bring more setups which can then be used for brawl respectively

Inui

Banned via Warnings
leepuff's my fav though. hes fun to watch on youtube =]

isnt he like #4 in the US?
Maybe the #4 Game and Watch, LOL! He's obviously nowhere near top 5 in the nation, or even top 10. East Coast is too much better than everywhere else.

OBM is the best Game and Watch, imo...but I beat him twice in teams and once in singles recently. :bee:

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
chaos marth - can you link me to your youtube account??

also, there are plenty of melee players in NY. and there's a tournament that's 20 mins north of Grand Central terminal. there will be a RIDICULOUS amount of pros from all corners of the country. you would get sooo much experience if you went to it.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=221137

youtube.com/chaosxmarth

I should go. maybe the next one.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
ATTN: ADHD

Welcome to my world!

Defeated Jake, 2-0
Defeated Comp, 2-0
Defeated Javier, 2-1
Defeated Bajisci, 2-0
Defeated dmbrandon, 2-1
Lost to Mew2King, 0-3
Defeated teh_spamerer, 3-1
Lost to Mew2King, 0-3

Defeated Pretty and Pink, 2-0
Defeated Big Boyz, 2-0
Defeated Izumi and Mavn, 2-0
Lost to Me and M2K, 2-3
Defeated Big Boyz, 3-2
Lost to Me and M2K, 2-3

Bye
Defeated La li lu lei lo, 2-0
Defeated ballz, 2-0
Defeated YES! and Doyoung2win, 2-0
Lost to Mew2King and Velocity, 0-3
Defeated Atomsk and Ether, 3-1
Lost to Mew2King and Velocity, 0-3

Defeated Bye
Defeated Pyronic Star and JCeasar, 2-0
Defeated Xzax and ChiboSempai, 2-0
Lost to Mew2King and Jman, 1-3
Defeated Vex and DJ Nintendo, 3-1
Lost to Mew2King and Jman, 1-3

Bye
Defeated Bleachigo and Umbra, 2-0
Defeated Pierce7d and bschung, 2-0
Lost to Mew2King and teh_spamerer, 0-3
Defeated Diem and Ether, 3-1
Lost to Mew2King and teh_spamerer, 1-3

Bye
Defeated Solid Jake and OmegaBlackMage, 2-0
Defeated SlikVik and Boss, 2-1
Lost to Mew2King and Azen, 0-3
Defeated Ally and Holy, 3-2
Lost to Mew2King and Azen, 1-3

Defeated Knightmare and DaiAndOh, 2-0
Defeated Izumi and Magus, 2-0
Lost to teh_spamerer and Mew2King, 0-2
Defeated BlackWaltz and NinjaLink, 2-1
Defeated dmbrandon and Ether, 2-0
Defeated Snakeee and Shadow, 3-0
Lost to teh_spamerer and Mew2King, 0-3

Bye
Defeated Alukard and Zro, 2-0
Defeated J.G. Wentworth and Ksizzle, 2-0
Defeated Wes and Dire, 2-1
Lost to Mew2King and NinjaLink, 0-3
Defeated Wes and Dire, 3-1
Lost to Mew2King and NinjaLink, 0-3
Notice how that as time goes on, I do progressively worse against him? These are just the tournaments where I suffered double-losses to him.

It's not going to get closer. You're going to lose by more and more as time goes on. That's how it is.

In Brawl alone, I have lost exactly 36 tournament sets to Mew2King. This is not counting the 2 1/2 years of losing to him at nearly every NJ Melee tournament, sometimes twice.

Pardon me for viewing him as unbeatable. Actually, it's more like I realize it.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I told people so many times about this. MK is the anti christ of Brawl. I'm also hearing some **** about other metas not being like him and able to win every tournament? Well here is what I gotta say, and all you wanna get on me for this can kick rocks.

M2k is basiclly brawl. he brawls and lives the game. it's pretty much his life. He is the only player that just sits home and studies this game close to 24/7. And he will do it with broken characters. No one else is gonna take the time to do that like M2k People do other things and have lives to attending that are more important than a video game.

Most know this. But this, I say M2K is not a god. in melee he was what the best player? But He was losing to KDJ I think he was the only one that could beat M2K Being the best in the world does not make you unbeatable. I don't care how many times you play him and lose. BS, I am not gonna **** here and coward infront of him.

People seriously need to stop being chickens
ummmm you really don't know what you're talking about. My best is a lot better than you think in melee, don't base off youtube either. I don't even play that gay. Also I only played about 400 hours combined in brawl since the game came out last year, you really have no idea what you are talking about at all with that statement. Being good at melee made me learn brawl fast I think.

as for wes, wow @ using that 1-0 in teams over me

the first game we won by a vast margin the 2nd game you got 2 0% buckets and a 20% 9 hammer and i think bum also stole my stock that game (he did the 3rd game, I Think he did the 2nd too but I am not sure) and it was still really close. 3rd game was almost the same ****. You also lose to people I decimate, and all you do is play GAYER THAN ANYONE IVE SEEN BEFORE and camp massively. You don't even try to win by being better at the game so don't talk like MK does that. Before you start talking **** you better be able to back it up. Wanna win by being better at the game? then I will MM you in Melee with Sheik Marth Fox Falcon or even Peach and Doc, unless you are going to OMGJOHN about tiers then maybe I'll have to use Pikachu or Luigi or something so it's interesting. Bring it on ***** you ain't **** to me so don't talk **** and act like you know what you're talking about :p and don't let other people do the talking why don't you do it yourself son. Congrats on beating me in a few friendlies in 2005/6 or earlier you know like 3 years ago, I am really proud of you for that.

also just for your knowledge when I mained DDD I had the overall arguably best tourney record on the east coast and I beat DSF more with DDD than I did with MK when he came to EC and I used DDD to make me win FAST1 when I used him vs 3 or 4 different people

Now what? I hope you respond to my MM request (no less than 100 dollars plz) and don't try to hide away from it or change the subject. Otherwise don't even bother responding, because I won't respond to whatever you say if you cower from it.

More people need to have Snakeee/Chrome Pirate's attitude towards this game. That's how I thought, and I do believe that "limitations" are 99% user-made and just guessed upon just like matchups. I do think Diddy vs MK is even also, and that MK has a small advantage vs ZSS.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Seriously guys? what? impossible to beat m2k? I'll put on the "M2k" tag and play dark metaknight and SD three times. good **** you beat m2k.

Stfu i dont care if he never uses his tag.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
i wish i could go back to before pound 3 and say that mew2king was gonna lose to jigglypuff and see how badly i'd get laughed at

:bee:

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
The matches used to be close.

Now he just decimates me despite me also improving a lot.
You know, it'd be a good idea to MENTION that. I mean you said Notice how that as time goes on, I do progressively worse against him?" after posting a bunch of tourney results when the results show nothing of that kind.

Also, you admitted to him having you memorized. That's AWFUL. You shouldn't be so predictable that he memorizes you <_<.

EDIT: Ryan K wins this thread

Snakeee

Smash Master
Wes, I'm sorry but how can you complain about Metaknight being cheap while you use a tactic in teams that takes off one or two stocks at once at 0%. On the other hand, Dire actually came up to me and apologized. It's not something to apologize for though, and I don't even blame you guys for using it. Dire said that if he hosted a tournament he would ban it, and I agree that it should be banned at least to some degree.

Nevertheless, I don't think I'll have much of a problem against that tactic again because I am going to use Sheik and yeah I'm telling you this now. So if you want to try to counter me knowing that go ahead.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
No, no more banning of anything else at this point, just play the game. I've never seen a community regulate a ruleset so much. Other fighting games you turn the game on and you automatically have a general tournament ruleset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom