• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

'Funnest' (lol it's not even a word) Character to play with IYO?

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
I am asking the public of brawlers about who they think is the character they have the most fun with when playing. I understand that most people who main characters find them the most enjoyable to play with (because they defeat the most people with them) but I understand that many characters have been greatly underestimated for their skill.

I don't main anyone so I can have a full taste of all the characters of the brawl roster and I find that I enjoy playing with some characters more than others. I use various characters a lot but one does get used to their moveset and sooner or later may get somewhat bored of the same attacks, e.g. Meta Knight (not implying that all meta knights are spammers). IMO regardless of how much I decide to train with them I find Captain Falcon, Link, Ness and ROB the most enjoyable to play with. For CF I think this is because he is greatly underestimated so then one can play around with the opponent with his uair chain or his knee of justice coming in to place and not forgetting the Falcon Punch. Somehow I haven't got bored of CF yet.

With Link I admire the fact that he is a very fastfaller in this game so you can launch a ferocious string of attacks in success though he has been castigated for his atrocious recovery. I also admire his zair because it has fantastic range and it feels somewhat thrilling to combo from an attack into a retreating zair. These are just some points.

I find Ness fun to play as because his aerial attacks are incredible, has a quick and annoying jab and his PK fire is bliss when used correctly at the right time. There are many other reasons as to why I find him fun to play as but these are just a few points.

Now I have described what I feel makes these characters enjoyable to play as so now may I ask you what you think your 'funnest' (lol it's not even a word) characters might be. Since I don't main anyone I can view every character in a different way so I don't typically get bored of characters with a variety. These just come into mind for me atm.

Thanks

HD

(this is just a random thread so I don't quite mind if people don't respond)

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
I'll have to say Ice Climbers and teh Jiggz@%!
I don't play Jiggz much. I know that she is also underestimated. I'm gonna try her soon ^_^.

If you can perform the infinite alternate grabs with ICs then you'll be having so much fun every time you grab them!

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Links not fun- I don't want a character who can't jump.

I didn't think Link mains existed around here anymore.

The funnest character has to be Pokemon Trainer for me.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
Links not fun- I don't want a character who can't jump.

I didn't think Link mains existed around here anymore.

The funnest character has to be Pokemon Trainer for me.

Hey hey I main no-one. I don't use Link that much but I find him to play with when i do actually use him. I don't main Link. And I sometimes find PT fun too! Squirtle's aerial mobility is so lol and his utilt is magic!

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I recently started playing with Peach. Holy crap! Frying pan, turnips, hitting opponents with her bum. I could go on, but really, Peach is amazingly fun to play with.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Ness. And I'm totally not biased.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Donkey Kong by far. He has so much stuff to spam hilariously. Seriously, just pick a move, spam it, and you'll be sure to have a hilarious time. I recommend Fair, Cargo, Headbutt, and Fsmash for starters. As an extra bonus, he even has awesome taunts!

Honorable mentions include Meta Knight (he's actually quite fun if you have a friend who also uses him/mains a character who doesn't get completely *****), Kirby, Falcon, Ganon, Link, Ike, and King Dedede in doubles.

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
Excuse me? Funnest character? ISN'T IT OBVIOUS TOO ALL OF US?
Zamus.

But really, Snake... wow. Not a good choice after I said that, huh?

The Marth

Smash Apprentice
Captain Jiggs... One end you have the falcon punch, and the other is epic aerial manueverability... and rest XP

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Ness is obvious for me because he's my main, but other characters i would consider more fun to play as are Captain Falcon (trying to Falcon punch and Knee every second), ZSS (different than most other characters), and Ice Climbers (alternating grabs FTW!)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ike, I love swinging swords and I love power... He has both :) (Yet I main a character who doesn't rely on either)

otherwise IMO the most fun character in general is:

Captain Falcon and Ganondarf... Bottom tier battles and Manly battles are very popular for a reason.

Nibbles 2

Smash Apprentice
Sonic's fun. Great recovery options, and there's so much you can do with his spin dash/charge.

Peach is great too (turnips and the float are amazing, great aerials).

And I love the Shiek/Zelda combination. Both are great (Shiek's combos/speed, and Zelda's awesome kill moves/aerials).

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
Donkey Kong by far. He has so much stuff to spam hilariously. Seriously, just pick a move, spam it, and you'll be sure to have a hilarious time. I recommend Fair, Cargo, Headbutt, and Fsmash for starters. As an extra bonus, he even has awesome taunts!

Honorable mentions include Meta Knight (he's actually quite fun if you have a friend who also uses him/mains a character who doesn't get completely *****), Kirby, Falcon, Ganon, Link, Ike, and King Dedede in doubles.
dedede is so lol in doubles. Do the M2K Chillin in doubles!

auroreon

Smash Ace
How is this discussion still going on? The answer is obviously Yoshi!
Come on people, it is an undeniable fact that Yoshi is the most fun you can have in brawl =P.
If Yoshi wasn't in Brawl, the game would just be boring and no one would play.
He can EAT YOU AND TURN YOU INTO AN EGG!
He has a CG, super armour on his double jump, he throws eggs as a projectile.
He has plenty of awesome ATs that are really hard to use, like DR/DT.
The only reason other characters are in the game is to provide food for Yoshi.

Smexicario

Smash Rookie
Lucario FTW XD

They kill you, then you suddenly murder them and win the match in a blur when you're at a two stock disadvantage...
Then you throw them a "wide-open" stance with double team, they hit you, and end up getting KO'd...

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
My main when I'm playing against an exceptional player.

Hes not fun playing against bad people. =/

Top Bottom