• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox top tier in other countries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
really? havent heard much from australia, i thought they just had a really small scene, and who are you btw? havent heared of you either
Australia is silly and bad. :<

I'll retract this statement when one of them comes up to the US and brings me some vegemite.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Fox... is average tier. So many other characters that are so much better its ridiculous. Not saying he sucks, just that hes no where near the top. If you can't beat a fox and you expect to win a tourney, just quit.

Btw I call #1 fox in Europe.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
i want to work on my fox just a bit more, then turn TO joe into GI joe then ill be the best fox in ontario :D

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
How do you know Japan is better than US? US has always been better.
its statements like this that make people think you guys are idiots, so thanks for being that one guy that makes all Americans look bad.

smashboards is an american website, mexico, europe and australia all are apart of this community and use and contribute to it.
but japan doesnt and the average western smasher doesnt know jack **** about japan, so saying things like the above statement makes you look stupid because you have no way of knowing anything about japan.

what about how america trashtalked armada, well he sure showed them didnt he? didnt you guys learn a lesson there?

the arguements in this thread are mostly being made on false assumptions with no real information, other then fox being high tier in japan.

Australia is silly and bad. :<

I'll retract this statement when one of them comes up to the US and brings me some vegemite.
silly no? bad yes.

a few of us came to genesis and evo this year, we didnt do so well at first but we improved to the point where shaya (Well known aussie) got 17th, and I got 23rd or 25th or something like that (at evo).

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
Lol at SSJ5 and cloudrain having best fox

Just watch my wombo video
lol
A. you main Falco, and your not very good so i dont see you being that good with fox.
B. i swear your a newbie? havent heard of seen anything from you(apart from getting ***** a few times)...

EDIT: ah just saw your falco, i was a bit harsh your better than i remembered but i still dont see you having a better fox :p

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
lol
A. you main Falco, and your not very good so i dont see you being that good with fox.
B. i swear your a newbie? havent heard of seen anything from you(apart from getting ***** a few times)...

EDIT: ah just saw your falco, i was a bit harsh your better than i remembered but i still dont see you having a better fox :p
You saw my falco on youtube? Now multiply those matches with like 10 and you have some normal matches against me.

I'll MM you if we ever meet if you want..

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
You saw my falco on youtube? Now multiply those matches with like 10 and you have some normal matches against me.

I'll MM you if we ever meet if you want..
lol sounds gd, look forward to it

-Mars-

Smash Hero
its statements like this that make people think you guys are idiots, so thanks for being that one guy that makes all Americans look bad.

smashboards is an american website, mexico, europe and australia all are apart of this community and use and contribute to it.
but japan doesnt and the average western smasher doesnt know jack **** about japan, so saying things like the above statement makes you look stupid because you have no way of knowing anything about japan.

what about how america trashtalked armada, well he sure showed them didnt he? didnt you guys learn a lesson there?

the arguements in this thread are mostly being made on false assumptions with no real information, other then fox being high tier in japan.
First off it isn't like the whole U.S. was at Genesis so yea.

Second, Armada had an incredibly easy bracket with only one so-called BIG win, which was against UTD Zach. He didn't even really play anybody in Brawl.

TL?

Smash Ace
Pikachu is much lower on those other tier lists than in the US. I'm guessing there are very few pikachus so it's much safer to play fox.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
as an australian currently studying and playing smash in japan, i feel that i am inclined to defend them at least a little. im ranked as one of the best in aus, and was consistently getting three stocked by a rank 30 player using mk. the standard of there is incredible. and before you go and say, 'ah, but australians are noobs', stop for a second, because ive seen vids of you guys (many, many vids), and the japanese do things you guys simply cant. i watched a scrub marth versing an mk, and every single time marth was sucked into that tornado (everytime without exception), he dolphin slashed out of it. i dont even seen mikehaze do that. oh, and that scrub marth mains random.

japan is amazing with tech skill and (s)di, doing things regularly that we cant even do accidentally. theyre significantly cheaper and more campy than the west (pit's tier list placement is attributed to his ledge camping ability), but they never aim to stall out a match (unlike us). this leads to hatred and misuse of characters such as wario and bowyering mks.

further, standard japanese tournies have 3 neutrals and a further 3 cp stages. this severely limits wario/d3/falco/mk/etc cping ability, making characters that do better on neutrals far more prominent.

and as far as fox is concerned, they play him campy and perfectly. only approaching when its safe to do so, then getting the hell out of there and camping again. they follow the dont get grabbed rule perfectly, making him almost viable against pika and the like (and they do do infinite's, even when winning in friendlies, and its not looked down upon).

thats my opinion from what ive seen (not heard) anyway.

TKD

Smash Lord
Fox top tier? Never.
That list was made by me and it's still in progress. I'm making it because I like to learn about Brawl and I want to complete a 100% accurate database, at least on something as superficial as that tier list.

Current general stuff:
- I changed a lot of numbers lately.
- Top tier is Snake and Meta Knight.
- High tier is DDD, Marth, Falco, Pit and Diddy Kong.

Fox stuff:
- Fox is in "B" tier, after "S" and "A".
- Fox keeps going up and down between Olimar and Mr. Game & Watch.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
First off it isn't like the whole U.S. was at Genesis so yea.

Second, Armada had an incredibly easy bracket with only one so-called BIG win, which was against UTD Zach. He didn't even really play anybody in Brawl.

there were enough of the big names at Genesis to count, and as for the second comment I should have specified, I was talking about armada's performance in melee not brawl (he still did well in brawl, easy bracket or not)

anyway as I said I came 25th at evo, I was knocked out by samurai panda but I took him to 100% last stock 3rd game, so I'm not a noob by any means, and shmot is better then I am, and he's a smart guy, what he says holds alot of credit.

Ally is often refered to as the best snake in the world, now he's the best in America sure, and he'd **** any snake (or player) in Aus, no idea about Europe but I daresay there'd be at least 1 snake in japan that would beat him or at least go even with him.

just because you guys havnt heard about their scene doesnt make you the best, and comments said about America's doing all the contributing to the metagame is ****, people like EA (IC's player) and shaya (marth) have done their fair share from over here in aus, and there are some crazy japanese AT's I've ran across that most Americans havnt even heard of.

fox top tier? dont judge or talk **** till you know what your talking about.

sorry if anyone finds that abit harsh or offensive, but alot of you probably needed to hear that, and its not as harsh as ruling out a scene's viability just because they are not America, or because they have fox as top tier.

oh and storm fox is right, vegimite is absolute ****, you dont want to eat it.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
calzors is the best snake in europe btw
hes alot like Ally but they both have slight differences as you would expect

i agree with the previous comment

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
calzors is the best snake in europe btw
hes alot like Ally but they both have slight differences as you would expect

i agree with the previous comment
why do you say that when its totally irrelevant?

ally wouldn't get 33rd at TSL4 sorry

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
DK gets no love in Mexico lol. I can't believe they gave him a 30:70 MU vs Ike, Diddy, G&W, and Fox. He's below Ike in these rankings. ICs, Pikachu, and Pit should be swapped around too (ICs before Pkia before Pit). I doubt that list is very accurate...

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
why do you say that when its totally irrelevant?

ally wouldn't get 33rd at TSL4 sorry

luke said
Ally is often refered to as the best snake in the world, now he's the best in America sure, and he'd **** any snake (or player) in Aus, no idea about Europe but I daresay there'd be at least 1 snake in japan that would beat him or at least go even with him

so i replied, wats the big deal? its not totally irrelavent at all.

your right ally would do better at TSL4 but that doesnt detter the fact that they play similar and cal is the best snake in europe.

chill out dude

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Man... What I'd give to play Japan's best Sonic. Last I checked, the only one I really saw was RATS...

What we need, to settle the score, is for something like MLG picking up Brawl to happen (BEFORE anyone jumps down my throat on that remark, shut up and realize it's only an example. Thanks. :p). With that, and the draw of international tournaments, it'd be less difficult to dispute the ranking of a character and how they truly progress in the metagame.

There are incredible mains to every single character. North America may have the best Meta Knight and Snake, people like Mew2King and Ally. ADHD's Diddy Kong; maybe some Pit in Japan is the best with the character, the list goes on and on.

If these players and characters got together in the same tournament, even consistently so for many gatherings, it'd make things so easier, to be able to decide the potential of every character at the top of the game, and continuing to grow.

That's my say anyway. Got no opinion on how Fox should be in the tier list.

Palpi

Smash Hero
If Japan thinks fox is top tier or high tier, they are obviously on a lower skill level or have a "worse" play style than America.

Didn't Sk92 beat 7 people in the WC vs Euro crews at genesis?

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
If Japan thinks fox is top tier or high tier, they are obviously on a lower skill level or have a "worse" play style than America.

Didn't Sk92 beat 7 people in the WC vs Euro crews at genesis?
dont know any europeans that went to genisis myself but i heared that too... :/

Palpi

Smash Hero
I would be REALLY REALLY surprised if there is people on the same level as Ally with snake in other countries.

I would also be very surprised if there is a fox who can beat M2k in other countries lol xD

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Those 7 European players weren't Europe's best, though. I don't even know who went there besides Armada, but those most likely weren't notable players.

If America sent 7 mid-level players to Europe and we would have one of our best players play them, our player would have a similar score.

Saying Europe is bad because of this one happening in one single tournament with not even the best European representation is stupid.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Most of the European people in the crew didn't even play Brawl. We originally started as Team International, where Europe, Canada (SuPeRbOoM and myself), and Peurto Rico all joined together. Number got too large so we ended up getting shafted and split up from Peurto Rico and teamed with Europe. We had to choose our mains before the crew tourney even began, and I made the mistake of picking Dedede instead of Sonic, thinking that SK92 wouldn't beast through 7 @#$%ING PEOPLE where I had to step up to the plate.

Needless to say, when your average Dedede goes up against a professional Falco, the match-up is bad enough but criminey it was sickening.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Interesting, thanks for clearing up what went on there. So basically it was 5 Europeans and 2 Canadians, and the Euros all didn't even really play Brawl.

So yea, apparently Europe is horrible because we have 5 Melee players being beaten by one of the best Falco players in the world, meh.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'm not really mad, in anycase. The fact they helped out and increased the numbers so we could at least have a shot in competing was nice enough, and was a good show of having some fun.

That being said, that crew battle isn't a good example for this kind of discussion. XD

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
luke said
Ally is often refered to as the best snake in the world, now he's the best in America sure, and he'd **** any snake (or player) in Aus, no idea about Europe but I daresay there'd be at least 1 snake in japan that would beat him or at least go even with him

your right ally would do better at TSL4 but that doesnt detter the fact that they play similar and cal is the best snake in europe.

chill out dude
Calz is best in tournament results only.... that is TSL4.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I did not say they were bad, I was merely asking a question and thank you for clearing that up.

But, Once again Onishiba puts words in my mouth.

Greward

Smash Lord
luke said

chill out dude
Calzorz is not the best snake in europe. Kly and Cenel are better than him for sure.

sorry for the offtopic D:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
In every part of the world, there are legit players anyway. When someone might think there aren't. There are.

imo though, I wouldn't be surprised that if Japan's best MK and Snake collided with North America's best MK and Snake, and so on and so far with other players in different parts of the world, at the top of their game, they could give one another a run for their money. It'd be great to see.

All we've got is thinking about it, for now. :D

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Maybe sending our best to other countries, Japan, UK, (well I'm orginally from Japan but let's say I was born in America) since you guys give them soo much hype without knowledge of other countries best. This is probably really unbiased coming from me though but I'd think Japan would put a beat down, cause before I moved here the average of smash players were better than the average of smash players here.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Funny story bro, I'm actually thinking about going. I know that SuPeRbOoM (Alberta's best player, Canada's West Coast best as well) is going, and KillLock is trying to go to team with him as well.

Would be cool. Everyone go to Pound 4, kay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom