• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox top tier in other countries

Status
Not open for further replies.

JNB328522

Smash Apprentice
I did some looking up and and this is Japans current tier list

S Tier
Meta knight
Snake

A Tier
Marth 
Mr. Game & Watch 
Fox 
Falco
Wario
Diddy Kong
Pit

B Tier
Wolf
DK
DDD
R.O.B.
Olimar
ZSS

C Tier
Lucario
Ike
IC's
Kirby

D Tier
Pikachu
Zelda/Sheik
Toon Link
Peach
Mario

E Tier
Bowser
Luigi
Samus
Ness
Lucas
Jigglypuff

F Tier
Yoshi
Ganondorf
C. Falcon
Sonic
Link
Pokemon Trainer

Now here is Mexicos tier list

even though im not sure this is the true tier list of mexico but they said it was in the other post I found this on Im just gona take their word for it

What I cant understand is why in the U.S. hes low and yet in these countries he is in the top ten? Popularity maybe? Even so fox would have to go through top tiers like metaknight and snake to even place well in tournies, popular or not.

So why is fox low in the U.S.?

ohaiduhg

Smash Lord
Maybe America has too competitive of a look on this game, and Japan and Mexico are more of a Friendlies scene. More playing to have fun.

If you had some tournament results with these, that would be great. A tournament of 100 should have at least 50 mks/snakes. If not, more people are playing more to have fun (more picking up of characters considered garbage.) Alternatively, they play for pride. "Wow, you did so well with that extremely cheap character."

Zephil

Smash Ace
Interesting the Mexico´s Table.

Maybe the main reason why Fox is high tier in those countries is because they banned Fox´s bad glitches like Pika cg or Shiek´s ftilt lock. Also Fox is still popular in other countires because of his reputation in melee but it also depends on how many people use a char in a country, for example, here in Panama, ROB should be top tier because of the tourney results, Link should be Mid to High tier as we have really good Link representation here, but for example, we don´t have really good Pikas or Kirby so here they would appear lower than the normal tier lists if we make one here.

USA tier list is the most trusted tier list but is not perfect so it all depends on the likes, rules and ways of playing in each country

Flynch

Smash Cadet
Is there any info to back that US has the best/mosttrusted/etc tier list? Besides the fact it's American and we think we do everything best? lol..

IMO: Americans idolize and follow rather than trying to further a games overall metagame. Thus all the MK's and Snakes, few of which actually stand out.

Zephil

Smash Ace
the reason why I think the US tier list is because the only country that develop the most of smash metagame is the US, the only that is close to it is Japan but they ban a lot of glitches so the most precise tier list is US´.

shinato91

Smash Apprentice
NOTHING is banned here in México lol, we don't even use the stage selection rules, counterpick and all that stuff, and I didn't see a lot of foxes here in my state, there were only two foxes including me in the last tourney I went to, but that was a while ago

JNB328522

Smash Apprentice
If you had some tournament results with these, that would be great. A tournament of 100 should have at least 50 mks/snakes. If not, more people are playing more to have fun (more picking up of characters considered garbage.) Alternatively, they play for pride. "Wow, you did so well with that extremely cheap character."

Im having a hard time finding tournament results from japan and mexico (maybe becuse they post results in their own language idk) does anyone knows a good place or a search engine to look this up other than here

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
That Japanese one is outdated, Falco and Pit were top tier in their most recent one.

Also, Mexicans are dumb. They put Fox/Sheik at 7:3, Sheik is that **** high and still Fox is top of B.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
the reason why I think the US tier list is because the only country that develop the most of smash metagame is the US, the only that is close to it is Japan but they ban a lot of glitches so the most precise tier list is US´.
No, for a change, Japan is not that comparable to the US in terms of metagame or development. I'd rather say that it's Europe taking the second place in Brawl, as Europe and US are heavily exchanging information and supporting each other.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Europe has no specific tier list, we use the american one and overall agree with it. Even though we're all in all more open minded about things, we generally also have IC and Marth higher because of Mr. R and iStudying

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
^ This.

The tier list and gameplay is similar to the US', but there's been quite a few exchanges through SWF.
Here in Europe, though, there's a few characters that do better than others and are more common here than in the States, most importantly the 3 Spacies and Toon Link. So, we have no European tier list or matchup chart, but there's characters over here that perform better than in America and vice versa.

Firlop

Smash Rookie
In my country, Argentina, I see a lot of people that main Fox, Wolf or Falco. Maybe it's beacuse, most of people in my country, don't even know that Tier list exist, so they arent influenced by it. I main Fox.
By the way, anyone wanna brawl ? FC: 1161-6160-1631

crifer

Smash Lord
In europe we have a lot of snake´s, Link´s, spacies
and less mk´s, imo.

We don´t have many european tournaments,
that makes a own tier list quite difficult.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
In europe we have a lot of snake´s, Link´s, spacies
and less mk´s, imo.

We don´t have many european tournaments,
that makes a own tier list quite difficult.
There also are lots of Marths. And it's true there are too little offline tourneys. There should be much more tourneys, but maybe our community is too small.

And if Fox is high tier, that means there aren't many Pikachus, Sheiks or Zamuses.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Zamus is not as bad for Fox as the Ice Climbers, and we've got plenty of em. And I doubt we have too little Sheiks either, haha.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Zamus can never ever ever land a dsmash on a Fox who knows the mu anyway, it's close to even cause Fox camps her to hell and back, why do people still see Zamus as a Fox CP?

Julio_TFP

Smash Cadet
Europe has no specific tier list, we use the american one and overall agree with it. Even though we're all in all more open minded about things, we generally also have IC and Marth higher because of Mr. R and iStudying
We think Marth is high, but not only for Mr.R. Mr.R is the best Marth Player in Europe, but Leon is pretty good with Marth througt.

Some players are very good with mid/low tiers. For example, Rydle placed 13 in TSL4 playing Ike. Armada win tournaments playing with Sheik (but now, Mr.R, Kaos o Marcbri can **** him). Pepito have good results in the National Spanish Tournament (NST III) using TL, but he use his seconds (MK and Snake too)

In Europe, a lot of people thinks Peach in better than the american opinion. M-D, Leon and NeJi are very good with Peach.

________

Anyway, Fox have a good position in the Japanese Tier, because Japan players are very campers.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
those countries must suck
I'll mm you for 50 euros (that's more then 50 dollars btw)

In either way, Peach has tons of untapped potential, but it's still untapped.

In either way, regarding fox (whom is the subject of this topic), there's a fox in holland who pretty much always manages top 10. But then again, we lack sheiks and pikachus. Fox just gets higher on other tier lists because those regions have a smaller community, thus in larger tournaments there will be less sheiks and pikachus. Fox isn't that good cause he has **** mu's.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
best peaches ive seen in europe is siri and leon

in the uk we have loads of marths, snakes and diddys. next its followed by luigis and peaches :$ i guess the fact that europe is spit into completely different countrys has a big effect on our meta game. fox is prob high on those tier lists due to popularity XD
bigm you would prob get ***** by the majority of europe with that mind set

TKD

Smash Lord
- Japan's better than the U.S.. The average player knows so much more about the game and plays so much better there.
- Mexico sucks. That tier list is only based on opinions from the top players in the U.S. and some players from Japan.
- Fox is good DESPITE Pikachu, not because there are none. If you pay at least a bit of attention, the character ranking is only based on each character's total match-up odds, hence why King Dedede is "top tier" even though he's not amazing.

Finally:
- Fox is not popular ANYWHERE. The tier list's opinions are based completely on knowledge. Some people simply know how good he is even though no one plays Fox at top level.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
^ This guy is the first guy I've seen in a while that knows that King Dedede isn't amazing. Kudos.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
those countries must suck
Yea, Armada placing what? 15th or so at Genesis with Sheik proves that Europe totally sucks. Especially considering he was playing Melee pretty much simultaneously and doesn't play Brawl as much.

Europe definitely sucks, yes.

^ This guy is the first guy I've seen in a while that knows that King Dedede isn't amazing. Kudos.
I know it too. :<

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
IMO: Americans idolize and follow rather than trying to further a games overall metagame. Thus all the MK's and Snakes, few of which actually stand out.
100% agreed with this man. Listen to him.

we generally also have IC and Marth higher because of Mr. R and iStudying
No, we don't. Marth is #3 in the "american" rankings list - he's lower than that in the EU and he's never been in the top5 until the last european event (NST III, where most top players were absent). ICs were 3rd for a while and are afaik still top5 in the current american rankings. They were never top5 in the EU. EVER. They are stuck at #8 for a long time now.

Some dutch players really make my blood boil with their bias.

Bull****, we have no tier list with those chars higher.
This is indeed the case.

There is no european tier list or match-up chart and there has never been one. However, we do have our own character rankings based on tournament reasults. They are here for future reference. You should take them with a grain of salt though as a lot of characters' placing is based on the performance of individual players, not the quality of the character. Even though G&W should be nowhere near the top of A-Tier he still is in our rankings because Kaak consistently places top5 and is a lot better than most other european brawl players (including Armada imo). The best example though is Samus' plaing in B-Rank although she only placed twice. Since on of those tourney wsa huge (the biggest one overall so far in the EU) and there weren't many top players she still scored many, many points.

As for Fox' placing in other countries - I have no idea. Higher than Falco and pretty much everybody else in Japan? Can't see how this is the case. Fox should be low B-Tier or high C-Tier. He's underrated but still not very good.

:059:

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I find it ***** how people just assume that Japan isn't as good at Brawl as the U.S.

They're just like everyone else, they have a competitive scene, they don't only play "offensively" as everyone just assumes, and they play the game to win (video).

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
No, we don't. Marth is #3 in the "american" rankings list - he's lower than that in the EU and he's never been in the top5 until the last european event (NST III, where most top players were absent). ICs were 3rd for a while and are afaik still top5 in the current american rankings. They were never top5 in the EU. EVER. They are stuck at #8 for a long time now.

Some dutch players really make my blood boil with their bias.
YOU make my blood boil with your idiotic statements.

Marth is #3 in the MATCHUP ranking. NST didn't have that many absent players. RAMIN HAS ALWAYS BEEN TOP 5. Lol, look at TSL4, or at holland, which is possibly so much better then other european countries that it should be its own region. I never said we have a ranking list, I just meant that we overall THINK IC and Marth are higher because of the 2 best european players istud and mr r.

- Japan's better than the U.S.. The average player knows so much more about the game and plays so much better there.
- Mexico sucks. That tier list is only based on opinions from the top players in the U.S. and some players from Japan.
- Fox is good DESPITE Pikachu, not because there are none. If you pay at least a bit of attention, the character ranking is only based on each character's total match-up odds, hence why King Dedede is "top tier" even though he's not amazing.
I knew about d3 too : (
Besides, in japan people might know more, but their experience is somewhat more lacking. They have less tournaments and the smashers are spread out more then in the US.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
YOU make my blood boil with your idiotic statements.
I take it then that you equal facts with idiotic then.

Marth is #3 in the MATCHUP ranking.
In what MATCHUP ranking?

NST didn't have that many absent players.
Mr.R
Kaak
Istudy
GregS
Armada
Luigi_Player

That's like 3/4 if the EU's best players

RAMIN HAS ALWAYS BEEN TOP 5.
Ramin =/= Marth

Lol, look at TSL4, or at holland, which is possibly so much better then other european countries that it should be its own region.
;)

I never said we have a ranking list, I just meant that we overall THINK IC and Marth are higher because of the 2 best european players istud and mr r.
Who are "we"? Are talking about yourself or are you talking for hundreds of other european Brawl players?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
or at holland, which is possibly so much better then other european countries that it should be its own region
Wow, holy **** man, that's a really stupid statement to make, considering there were little international-European tournaments to measure which country is "better" in Europe.
People should stop being so nationalist, seriously. Just because the Netherlands are the place of living for a few good players it should be "its own region"? It IS an own region already, hell even an independent country; otherwise it wouldn't be called "Kingdom of the Netherlands". Or do you mean that the Netherlands should be seen not as part of Europe, but as an own continent?

I think I feel sick.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I take it then that you equal facts with idiotic then.
... I don't even need to comment on this
In what MATCHUP ranking?
The one in which marth is third. In the official tier list he ain't third, I think I don't know about which 'ranking' you're talking about, because there is no way in hell that america praises marth more then europe.
Mr.R
Kaak
Istudy
GregS
Armada
Luigi_Player

That's like 3/4 if the EU's best players
notice how 4/6 are dutch.
also in cib, istud had more control over bananas then luigi player, with ice climbers. like wtf mayne. LP is good but to count him as europes best... im not sure.
Ramin =/= Marth
Ramin DOES however prove marths capabilities
;)
Who are "we"? Are talking about yourself or are you talking for hundreds of other european Brawl players?

We = dutchies who play regularly
Wow, holy **** man, that's a really stupid statement to make, considering there were little international-European tournaments to measure which country is "better" in Europe.
People should stop being so nationalist, seriously. Just because the Netherlands are the place of living for a few good players it should be "its own region"? It IS an own region already, hell even an independent country; otherwise it wouldn't be called "Kingdom of the Netherlands". Or do you mean that the Netherlands should be seen not as part of Europe, but as an own continent?

I think I feel sick.
Lol, why take it so serious. There should be some competitiveness between countries, it's not like there isn't any **** going on in america between regions. Chill down, please ^^

*CT*

Smash Lord
I find it ***** how people just assume that Japan isn't as good at Brawl as the U.S.

They're just like everyone else, they have a competitive scene, they don't only play "offensively" as everyone just assumes, and they play the game to win (video).
I'm sorry I saw a Ganon and was like, I can't watch this video anymore. I honestly only know of people from the US and Europe. Don't ever hear anything about Japan, then again I don't really look, because not many of them come over here.

All I'm gonna say is that more people should go to Pound 4 :O (I think one person from Japan might be going to this, that's all I'm gonna say)

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Marth is #3 in the MATCHUP ranking. NST didn't have that many absent players. RAMIN HAS ALWAYS BEEN TOP 5. Lol, look at TSL4, or at holland, which is possibly so much better then other european countries that it should be its own region. I never said we have a ranking list, I just meant that we overall THINK IC and Marth are higher because of the 2 best european players istud and mr r.

They have less tournaments and the smashers are spread out more then in the US.
you can't say netherlands is the best country, it has 2 amazing players and 5 really good ones then it has... nothing? I think france and spain can keep up with it without problems.

and you can't claim either that ramin and istud are europe's best , istud has lost to kly and leon and ramin to irios and kaos ( 3 times against him).

btw I claim best fox in europe ( ontopic?XD)

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
you can't say netherlands is the best country, it has 2 amazing players and 5 really good ones then it has... nothing? I think france and spain can keep up with it without problems.

and you can't claim either that ramin and istud are europe's best , istud has lost to kly and leon and ramin to irios and kaos ( 3 times against him).

btw I claim best fox in europe ( ontopic?XD)
soz marcbi i think me and ssj5goten have best fox in europe :p

but yeah there is no best country in europe -_- , i would say they consist of spain ,neitherlands, UK, france and maybe germany(not in any order ofcourse)

common guys lets not fight over trivial unimportant banter :/

HEY KAAK ! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom