• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Red.

Smash Ace
you can drillshine Doc, you can't waveshine him because of his traction.

DI away, If theres a platform DI towards it so you won't get chainthrowed.

you can drillshine Doc, you can't repeatedly waveshine him because of his traction.

DI away, If theres a platform DI so you won't get chainthrowed.
You just can't waveshine Doc if they DI good.
Don't just DI all the way to one direction all the time, like Redyoshi does.

BP - Don't go low, ever. Don't get back thrown.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
Alright, but still if i get utilted from out of no where, above what %'s will I be able to avoid the rest by di'ing away, thnx. I'll try my best to not get utilted, also I can't really uthrow > uair jiggs, either the first kick lands or nothing lands at all =/

Just DI away i you get hit no matter what, and if you are at high enough percent, you have nothing to worry about. No rests at least.

FoxFtw

Smash Apprentice
BP i think the most you can do about the ledgehopping is mix it up maybe go up with the L/R sometimes and ive been trying this and sometimes it messes people up. I let go, shine, turn around, and get back up with a B-air........... GoodLuck!

aaman4567

Smash Rookie
ive been trying to wavedash for along time and im still sooooo slow at it and can only do it once like every 3 trys... is there a tip someone can give me that would help me wavedash better(such as doing it everytime and faster?) and i have read the boards on how to wavedash and ive read alot but I still have problems with it... what should i do? and thank you in advance for those who try to help :) and any one in oregon wanna play sometime lol ( oh and please pm me if you can that would be awesome, thanks again)

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
This may sound freaking crappy, but. There was always a problem with going against ICs. I'd stay on one side and spam lasers, but I get hit by ice blocks. This means I'm constantly moving. Moving much enough into an IC where I get D-Smashed and *****. He's also a CC / Shield Grab ***** so SHFFLing is terrible to use against him.

Any advice on helping me pwn my friend's gay ICs?

brawlpro

Smash Master
This may sound freaking crappy, but. There was always a problem with going against ICs. I'd stay on one side and spam lasers, but I get hit by ice blocks. This means I'm constantly moving. Moving much enough into an IC where I get D-Smashed and *****. He's also a CC / Shield Grab ***** so SHFFLing is terrible to use against him.

Any advice on helping me pwn my friend's gay ICs?
If you l-cancel your shffl > shine you won't get shieldgrabbed, shine a lot, it separates ic's, and then i guess attack nana while popo isn't near(?), after nana is dead, 1 shinespike takes care of the guy in a blue coat, with a hammer, and without a nose.

brawlpro

Smash Master
In training mode, take someone near a wall like on that earthbound stage with the bulidings( i forgot what its called, haven't gone there in almost a year), then full hop > drillshine, if the consecutive hits didn't say 1 after your shine you l-canceled the dair. if it said 1 hit you didn't l-cancel.

FoxFtw

Smash Apprentice
Well for me the thing that causes the trouble in x1 speed is the shorthop not the l-cancel in x1 speed i get the l-cancel 90% of the times.

the shorthop i do it like 75% of the times but if i have to shorthop and concentrate on the drillshine i get it even less..

njr1489

Smash Rookie
I can't seem to get the full distance to touch people on waveshines for characters with high enough traction... Even link is hard to do for me. I have everything about the waveshine fully understood except for the walking a few steps further to touch the person on the shine. It just seems hard to connect to the next shine.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Fox ditto CG - 0-50 no DI, 0-75/80 full DI, if they stop DIing past 50 then up tilt

Fox vs Falco CG - 0-55 no DI, 0-80 full DI, if they stop DIing past 55 then up tilt

Fox vs Falcon I don't know as well but I do use it.

Also note that if they don't DI you can either do the up tilt earlier into regrab and they can't do anything about it if they are at low enough %, if ur not sure if they are at low enough % or not you can do another up tilt into full jump bair, or quick shuffle uair 1st hit only into another up tilt, or you can pivot grab and that makes the hitbox better for you if they don't DI than a normal standing grab would be.
actually, you can CG until 50/55% before needing to utilt.

Different Topic:
I've recently been abusing wavelanding (esp onto platforms), and wondered how some of you guys (esp. Silent Wolf) use it, so i could try different stuff out. wavelanding is fun as hell btw.

Winged Messiah

Smash Apprentice
Yoshi.

What can a Fox do against Yoshi? Shinespiking is pretty difficult with that invinsible second jump of his, and Uthrow to Uair hard to due as Yoshi can nair out of it extremely quickly. I don't think you can Waveshine a yoshi either, but I may be mistaken.

My usuall tactics are Shffled Nairs or Dairs into shine into RSHL/RSHDL constantly, with the odd utilt here and now sprinkeled heavily with bairs.

I feel like I should be doing more, any advice?

actually, you can CG until 50/55% before needing to utilt.

Different Topic:
I've recently been abusing wavelanding (esp onto platforms), and wondered how some of you guys (esp. Silent Wolf) use it, so i could try different stuff out. wavelanding is fun as hell btw.
I waveland a lot. I don't know if I can really explain how. Most of it isn't all that necessary. I have little routnies I go through on each stage as a taunt or if they aren't approaching, or if they're bad. Show off routines, usually involving wavelanding. ou probably won't see anything like this from me ni any videos I havenow, but I've been thinking about making a cool video about it. :p
Yoshi.

What can a Fox do against Yoshi? Shinespiking is pretty difficult with that invinsible second jump of his, and Uthrow to Uair hard to due as Yoshi can nair out of it extremely quickly. I don't think you can Waveshine a yoshi either, but I may be mistaken.

My usuall tactics are Shffled Nairs or Dairs into shine into RSHL/RSHDL constantly, with the odd utilt here and now sprinkeled heavily with bairs.

I feel like I should be doing more, any advice?
You CAN waveshine Yoshi, just be faster and/or wavedash further. If shine isn't working for his recovery, don't use it, or immediately jump out of it with a solid aerial. If you're gettnig naire'd after uthrow, wait for it every once in a while then uair. If he stops doing it, uair sometimes. It's just a mindgame situation like all the others. usually getting Yoshii with the uair has been prety easy for me though.

GOTM

Smash Champion
is it just me or does every neutral random stage suck for fox vs. marth

battlefield = ****
FD = CG hell
yoshis = marth reaches EVERYWHERE
FoD = to me just not a very good fox stage

pokemon = only one he has? or am i missing some basic things to do on the other stages in this matchup?

Fox wins on Stadium, and Dream Land.
he is NOT bad on Yoshi's. He can do fine on BF. FoD is fine.
Fox is better.
Play good, play gay.

Top Bottom