• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

C_Mill24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C-Mill24
3DS FC
3609-1632-1621
I'm sure this question has been asked already, but I don't feel like scrolling through over 700 pages to find out: Is there a good strategy to effectively waveshine?

Bones0

Smash Legend
I'm sure this question has been asked already, but I don't feel like scrolling through over 700 pages to find out: Is there a good strategy to effectively waveshine?
Going forward: Slide the stick from down to down-forward (the farther forward you angle, the further your WD will go).
Going backward: Release the stick to neutral after shining, and repress it down-backward for the WD (this prevents you from accidentally turning around which can cause you to get stuck in shine a lot more often).

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Hold the stick to walk right after waveshining down and towards, gets the job done easily (at least for me)

Zoler

Smash Ace
did any of you force yourself to play fox and/or enjoy fox? how did you do it?

how do you main a character that you don't enjoy?
I doubt anyone actually main a character they don't enjoy. Unless they don't enjoy any character in the top8.

dRevan64

Smash Journeyman
did any of you force yourself to play fox and/or enjoy fox? how did you do it?

how do you main a character that you don't enjoy?
this actual question
I love fox, I didn't always play him because my hands were too slow but then they got faster and everyone else is almost boring to play

Engo

Smash Ace
He said ENJOY not main. Shroomed(sheik, marth), Axe(falco), Kage(falcon, falco, marth) all have other characters they play for fun and sometimes in tournament. aMSa is weird.

The top 8 are all so different and interesting and they can do STUFF and have OPTIONS. How can you not enjoy at least one of them?

Last edited:

Engo

Smash Ace
I remember someone told me that aMSa said he didn't feel limited by not being able to jump out of shield because he only ever played yoshi so jumping out of shield was never something he experienced. He didn't know you could jump out of shield for a long time.What a guy.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Yea exactly! I just meant that people should enjoy having lots of cool options they can explore. I wasn't implying that you had to main fox to enjoy the game. But if you don't enjoy having options...well, that seems like a problem >_>

Chab

Smash Cadet
He said ENJOY not main. Shroomed(sheik, marth), Axe(falco), Kage(falcon, falco, marth) all have other characters they play for fun and sometimes in tournament. aMSa is weird.

The top 8 are all so different and interesting and they can do STUFF and have OPTIONS. How can you not enjoy at least one of them?
you need to play the character you think is cool. his story. his aesthetics. his moveset. the game hes from. It just happens to be fox and falcon for me

Oskurito

Smash Lord
you need to play the character you think is cool. his story. his aesthetics. his moveset. the game hes from. It just happens to be fox and falcon for me
Falcon is the most aesthetic and manliest character in the game tho

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Dying at the idea of being submissive by playing Yoshi.

As someone who started playing Yoshi competitively and still only seriously plays Yoshi, you really never feel limited by not being able to jump oos. Whenever I play other characters I often find myself doing stupid things like shield drop -> DJ -> aerial. I also don't JC grab. I actually like Yoshi's shield more than anyone else's.

l will find peace

Smash Cadet
all peach mains are sluts makes sense

edit: clue to censored word: cheap, easy, gives her body to others readily.

Last edited:

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
How do I not get owned by pro foxes? Literally every out of state tournament I go to, I lose to a fkn fox.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
You might want to state the character you're playing. The way Falco doesn't get owned by fox is fundamentally different from the way Marth doesn't get owned by fox.
(and the corresponding character board is probably the better place to ask this question, because they can better describe what to do from your perspective)

Last edited:

Tero.

Smash Champion
How do I not get owned by pro foxes? Literally every out of state tournament I go to, I lose to a fkn fox.
If the Fox is pro so is the player.
Get better.

Also go to your character board.

Last edited:

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Dang everyone kicking him out of fox boards. He can totally ask us stuff here, there are definitely knowledgeable enough players that it won't be a waste of his time haha

Ali Baba 177

Smash Journeyman
A list of matchup ratios won't help you.
Lol, I know. Im not trying to beat fox, I am trying create a list of MU charts or something for each character so I thought this thread would have one already done or good info/players to get it done for fox.

Top Bottom