• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Flamin Roy

Smash Ace
Honestly about the way i type on the boards ... i type according to wat comes to mind. Its just a forum ... definitely not my english course.
I received an F for bad grammer on smashboards
Also Jman is actually good he just likes showboating a lot (i think its because of age) and he is the type of guy who can talk and back it up so i guess that if anyone thinks that he isn't that good at the game why don't you play him and see for yourself

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
This is the last time I'm going to reply to Alukard:

if u notice rayne came in here and said that jesus is letting wins get to his head.
Honestly...Jman making a thread is like me making a thread.know you've kicked **** up in NYC biweeklies and stuff, but to make your own thread as if you've made it as a pro level smasher...

People might think you have a big head. Just sayin'.

<3

Here is what I said. I said it light-heartedly. Did I say that I personally thought he had a big head/ego? Look at what I said carefully. I was just giving him some friendly advice.

Alsoooooo rayne if u got better dont u think i've gotten better? LOL
I did not say you were bad, or that you haven't improved. I wouldn't know that anyways : /.

I also didn't compare our skill levels in any of the posts I made.

bai. :)

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Brian - Raynex's point is that he didn't try to insult you or Jesus.

He just wanted to let Jesus know that people may think of him with a big ego. Its not like the world is filled with intelligent people.

I agree with that notion too. People may think Jesus is getting an ego because he is winning recently.

Anyway just drop the subject it really isn't worth it. Because Raynex doesn't see either you or Jesus as bad players or whatever.

Jesus - learn better grammar plz :)

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Tec0 I never got to play you at VLS.

Change that. or well change the never playing thing. not VLS unless you have a time machine that'd be cool too.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Fox vs. Sheik:

Most times, this match will go either way. Besides hogging her and punishing/waveshining/uthrow uairing,

does anyone have any level specific or percentage specific stuff they could post. Or general advice in this match-up? We haven't really covered the Sheik matchup thoroughly. She is such a pain on stage to fight. Stupid tilts and priority.:(

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
People have to seriously stop using teh spamerer as an example of a good fox. You can't teach or practice camping. Its a dumb thing to base your playstyle around. : / imo

Falcinho

Smash Ace
umm i didn't play vs sheik for some time, but let's see what i can remember.

obvious:
don't get grabbed too often
don't let her gimp you
don't get techchased

not that obvious:
- if you get dsmashed at low %ages (while being techchased for example) you can sometimes just run up and grab her cuz the dsmash lasts that long
- if she jumps alot get under her to destroy her spacing (watch out for needles tho)
- sheik likes jab to grab alot, so spotdodge/roll/shine if she tries it
- approaches must always be well considered, she can punish aerials pretty good with her tilts and almost every of her aerials (especially nair out of shield sucks)
- if she attacks your shield with BAD spaced fairs/bairsyou can JCusmash/grab or shine out of shield if she does the fair/bair late
- if she attacks your shield with WELL spaced fairs/bairs you can shield SDI to ruin her spacing.
- shield SDI also wrecks spaced ftilts or dmashes (altho against dsmash WD-->grab is probably better)

combos and edgeguard are obvious

GOTM

Smash Champion
the main problem fox has against sheik is approaching. u have to make them approach you or be careful about how you approach them to get grabs, arials->shines, etc.

dd grab is real effective, lasering is real effective as well. once you hit them or approach them safely, sheik is a very easy character to ****

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Camping is stupid and boring. I have said this before, but the mentality of play to win is severely flawed. People attend tournaments in a dwindling scene out of pride and love of the game. There aren't huge pots to win, there is nothing really motivating players to stay in the community other than enjoying the game. The more we see matches like that of Spam vs Vidjo, the more people are depressed. It isn't a depression caused by the game itself, but by the willingness of players to do "whatever it takes" to win. Matches should never end with both players still having 2 stock. I have stressed this at every possible moment. I have nothing against Spam, but that is the kind of playstyle that will kill our community.

It is unnecessary to play campy to win. Get good enough at offense, and that will be your defense.

Alukard

Smash Hero
hey jman ... do u think my marth is officially back to its tricky/up smashing like cactuar ways?

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
put image tags around a picture that you've uploaded or taken from the internet.

Basically:

then put it in your sig and the picture will magically appear.

Mike: Three uairs? I'm lucky if I get two. The people I play know how to d.i. >_>

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Yhea smash DI owns the uair :( But people don't get it right everytime, you know >.>

btw, what do you people usually do against people who spot dodge alot? with most chars i will often sh a long duration attack, but fox usually falls to fast for that

Tero.

Smash Champion
Yhea smash DI owns the uair :( But people don't get it right everytime, you know >.>

btw, what do you people usually do against people who spot dodge alot? with most chars i will often sh a long duration attack, but fox usually falls to fast for that
Dash Dance.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer

He's not talking about SDI out of the uair. There are ways you can DI that guarantee you getting out of uair chains. Only bad people or people not paying attention get hit with uair 3 times from one uthrow.

JFox

Smash Hero
How do you beat good Peach's with Fox? Im serious, give me as much advice as possible. Don't just give me broad things like "camp hard with lasers" I want in depth ideas. When to advance, when to evade, etc.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
He's not talking about SDI out of the uair. There are ways you can DI that guarantee you getting out of uair chains. Only bad people or people not paying attention get hit with uair 3 times from one uthrow.
Yep, thats what I meant to say. XD

Mike: Full hop Nair/dair or charge fsmash - Cactus style.

edit: walk behind them and grab. I do that the most.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
raynex & cactus - you mean the DI away from uthrow, then DI the uair in the opposite direction?
yhea that usually ends the combo early :(
I often get 3 uairs b/c many of the people I play will keep diing the same direction throughout the entire combo (I need to learn some of my friends more about di, I know >.>)

And yhea, charging smashes against spot-dodgers is fun. :laugh: Problem is, I always get greedy and try to charge it to much so I mistime it :( I'll try the fullhop nair/dair thing, sound cool

Lovage-Nice sig O.o Do you kno how that guy DI'd there? I know normal shine-bairs are possible even if they don't DI, but shine-turnaround-bairs? (You lose 3 frames when you turn around...)

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Wait for their double jump -> punish.
That's kewl. :O

I messed around with it, and I noticed that with some big & fat chars (DK, Ganon) you can uthrow them and then do a fulljump uair, and it'll hit them wether they tried to jump away or not (since fox's fast movement makes the hitboxes huge). If they're at the right percent and stuff off course, starts working on bowser at 6% for example.

I guess they could try to hit you, but all chars don't even have arials that are fast enough for that that hit below them.
If they do you gotta be more careful, but it's fairly easy to punish if you predict it

man fox is to good

edit: btw do you guys know if peach can airdodge out of uthrow uair (at low percent) everytime? when testing it in training mode I can't get uthrow->uair to combo until around 70%. Yah you can bait the airdodge and punish but I'm just curious

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
spot dodgers tips?

i grab i miss. i try to attack and somehow the entire take gets spot dodged. and sometimes its hard to stand in place. also when i wait for the spot dodge to end i get shined, [falco] lol.
ummm how can 1 spot dodge take that much ?? what i would say is wait 4 the spot dodge then thunder combo if he keeps shining u first try that

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
How do you beat good Peach's with Fox? Im serious, give me as much advice as possible. Don't just give me broad things like "camp hard with lasers" I want in depth ideas. When to advance, when to evade, etc.
idk what u mean but when i play peach.. i go in when she in the air floating... i full hop nair or bair it beat her fair or nair almost every time... also i shoot her when she waiting 4 me to go to her.. then when i am @ a stock lead i try to camp top platform so that she has to come to me on a platform.. and u as a peach player should know shes not very good up there:laugh:...

Top Bottom