• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Alukard

Smash Hero
Hey JMan, you think you can critique my vid vs. Tope? It was recorded back in August.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa8TAjf0WII

I kinda suck.
JMan speaking

u don't suck. u messed up a lot of tech skill tho.. for that u just need to play by your self and try not to mess up on the cpu ^_^.. also u have to do different stuff when sheik down throws you.. u kept going left or right try get up attack or tech in place just mix it up... hope it helps ^_^

Alukard

Smash Hero
double post because its alukard posting now ... LMFAO at everyone saying things like he head is getting big ... i definitely tell him when he is cocky and when he isn't and making this thread will not only help him inside and out of smash but it will also show people that he is a pro ...

seriously ... he has been beating people i never thought he could have ... he also definitely forgot to write that he beat kdj ... i mean granted he wasn't at his best ... but kdj was angry that he lost ... if kdj wasn't playing at almost 80% he would not have gotten angry simple as that ...

ALLLLLLSO ... VIDJO ... just youtube that one lol

i mean tec0 knows sheik thats why he should make a thread ... jman knows fox .. he should make a thread ... its pretty simple ... also m2k and cactuar should definitely come in here and back up his skill ... i mean you guys feed his ego more then anyone ... now is the time to help u kno ... u got rayn ex miste event 52 easy sailing bracker talking like he should make a thread ... i'm sry but i remember beating u at pound ... also i recall jman 4 stocking u a couple of time LMAO ... seriously imagine now

I MEAN SHEESH PEOPLE POOP ON HIM WHEN HE DESERVES TO GET POOPED ON ... HE DEFINITELY NEVER SAID SUMTHING HE ISN'T ...

.......... o yea QUIT LIFE LOL

Flamin Roy

Smash Ace
I used to believe this, but some people don't get smarter very quickly. With Fox it doesn't matter as much though if you have massive tech skill and don't mess up you should be fine.
But if you do have massive tech skill and don't play it safe/smart do you really think it is possible to win against a smart player?

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Uthrow->uair doesn't work on the Mario bros. What I do instead: Uthrow->wait for double jump->death combo or uair.

Don't d.i. into his combos after he uairs you. Dbr combos suck ***, lol.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
double post because its alukard posting now ... LMFAO at everyone saying things like he head is getting big ... i definitely tell him when he is cocky and when he isn't and making this thread will not only help him inside and out of smash but it will also show people that he is a pro ...

seriously ... he has been beating people i never thought he could have ... he also definitely forgot to write that he beat kdj ... i mean granted he wasn't at his best ... but kdj was angry that he lost ... if kdj wasn't playing at almost 80% he would not have gotten angry simple as that ...

ALLLLLLSO ... VIDJO ... just youtube that one lol

i mean tec0 knows sheik thats why he should make a thread ... jman knows fox .. he should make a thread ... its pretty simple ... also m2k and cactuar should definitely come in here and back up his skill ... i mean you guys feed his ego more then anyone ... now is the time to help u kno ... u got rayn ex miste event 52 easy sailing bracker talking like he should make a thread ... i'm sry but i remember beating u at pound ... also i recall jman 4 stocking u a couple of time LMAO ... seriously imagine now

I MEAN SHEESH PEOPLE POOP ON HIM WHEN HE DESERVES TO GET POOPED ON ... HE DEFINITELY NEVER SAID SUMTHING HE ISN'T ...

.......... o yea QUIT LIFE LOL

Alukard: I'd spend time trying to argue with you normally. But I hate reading through blocks of text that lack proper grammar and punctuation. :(

On the topic of me getting an easy bracket. Sure, maybe you think Wife was easy. Sure, maybe you think hungrybox was easy. I think they're pretty good. But I mean, you know everything - right?

On the topic of you beating me at pound. That **** was in February. Times have changed - move on.

On the top of jman 4 stocking me.

LOLOLOLOL. If I remember correctly, he had lost to Eggm or something in pools and was emo that he didn't make it out. So he played a bunch of friendlies with me while I asked him what happened. There wasn't a single 4 stock anywhere.

****-talker. <3

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
cosign. alukard okay you can big up newyork and jesus but you really gotta knock raynex?
you can't just sit with he did well in a competitive tourney... na you gotta hate, take the wins away from him, talk about easy brackets.
really? thats corny.
i mean how often do you visit the fox boards?

we have one good topic already fox advice that was around before this cactuar jman stuff and you know raynex actually participated and gave tons of help. if jesus is willing to do the same awesome and it sounds cool. jesus is obviously amazing at smash and if he is honestly just extending a hand to help other players there is no problem with that and just continue the topic at hand.

jesus how do you fight falco?
also i feel super uncomfortable being on platforms above him but sometimes i just need to avoid lasers. [he has a huge jump and can b-air platforms]

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
well i just try to stay in his face the whole time and u have to stay above him cause if not he will just dair u

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
jesus how do you fight falco?
also i feel super uncomfortable being on platforms above him but sometimes i just need to avoid lasers. [he has a huge jump and can b-air platforms]
Now I learn what makes you uncomfortable.

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
If ranyex fought Hbox and wife, there is no way he got off easy. Hbox is a beast with jiggs, and i've only heard good things about wife. If he beat those two then he deserves whatever he got. I haven't seen raynex play since watching the E52 vids and his fox resembles a cross between silent wolf and cactuar. Its impressive. My fox has a similar playstyle, but on a much lower level. It was inspirational to see Hbox get pwned by fox. :p

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I don't like creating drama in the Fox threads. Its one of the most active boards right now in the character spefs.

I appreciate the respect I have from most of you, and I also acknowledge that Jman is a good player.

Nothing more needs to be said.

Falco...just grab him and **** him. Grab grab grab...and dril sometimes. almost everything else gets CCEd. A cool thing most Foxes don't know:

The tip of Fox's utilt will beat Falco's dair. Try it.

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
I don't like creating drama in the Fox threads. Its one of the most active boards right now in the character spefs.

The tip of Fox's utilt will beat Falco's dair. Try it.
must of the time it trades tho so i dont do it very much

if the falco likes to CC a lot just shine him then tech chase him with grabs or up smash like I do..

just try to stay above him so that your moves go thew his

also stay in his face the whole time u dont want falco with laser control on the stage

hope it helps ^_^

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
how did u get better (or were u always good?)

do u go into matches knowing ur gonna win?

do u have a set strategy for everymatch...?

do u think ur the best player in the world?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
how did u get better (or were u always good?)

do u go into matches knowing ur gonna win?

do u have a set strategy for everymatch...?

do u think ur the best player in the world?
1) No, everyone sucks when they start out playing. He got better from playing the best players he could find. Experience helps an enormous amount to get you better, not only that he is a freakin robot when it comes to tech skill.... :(. (About Jman LOL YES YOU'RE A ROBOT TOO)

2) Yes, that should be your mentality. Doesn't mean it has to be true, but its better to be confident than to be scared.

3) There are some ground rules but usually you tweak your strategy in-game because no one plays the exact same.

4) Realistically speaking... m2k spent a ton of time playing and ... he is too gay....

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
1) No, everyone sucks when they start out playing. He got better from playing the best players he could find. Experience helps an enormous amount to get you better, not only that he is a freakin robot when it comes to tech skill.... :(. (About Jman LOL YES YOUR A ROBOT TOO)

2) Yes, that should be your mentality. Doesn't mean it has to be true, but its better to be confident than to be scared.

3) There are some ground rules but usually you tweak your strategy in-game because no one plays the exact same.

4) Realistically speaking... m2k spent a ton of time playing and ... he is too gay....
everything here is true could not have said it better my self thanks tech0:)

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Uthrow->uair doesn't work on the Mario bros. What I do instead: Uthrow->wait for double jump->death combo or uair.

Don't d.i. into his combos after he uairs you. Dbr combos suck ***, lol.
What's the death combo?

Nair, then whatever seems to fit after that. Or a full hop bair first. Just do like, nair>utilt>another solid aeril>shine, then edgeguard.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
jman how do you get your parents to let you go to tournaments that are really far away =/
I think it may be better if you don't know that answer :laugh:

everything here is true could not have said it better my self thanks tech0:)
1) No, everyone sucks when they start out playing. He got better from playing the best players he could find. Experience helps an enormous amount to get you better, not only that he is a freakin robot when it comes to tech skill.... :(. (About Jman LOL YES YOU'RE A ROBOT TOO)

So... EVERYTHING I said is true :chuckle:

Glad we finally agree about this Jesus ;)

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Once your opponent loses their jump above you, their stock should disappear. Just get them off the stage...they can't do anything to escape till you screw up. :laugh:

Alukard

Smash Hero
GET AT ME EPIC POST LMAO

LOL at u guys naming 2 people. Then knocking me for stating my opinion about rayne's bracket.

Also steve u sound like a hypocrite because not only did u just tell me that i am wrong for coming in here and knocking on rayne but then if u notice rayne came in here and said that jesus is letting wins get to his head. Why didn't u just give him the "jman is tryin to help" stuff too. Amirite? I just thought it was wrong that he said that. I think Jman has been consistant for a very long time now so its not just a couple of wins. U can literally see the skill lvl. Also i just came in here because he is my little brother and u guys made him feel like he wasn't good enough to do this. So i told him if he feels like he is he should keep going and he is. Its not just nyc ... he is basically blood lol.

either way u kno i <3 u anyway yellow shirt guy

Alsoooooo rayne if u got better dont u think i've gotten better? LOL

Honestly about the way i type on the boards ... i type according to wat comes to mind. Its just a forum ... definitely not my english course. I mean u answered back to me perfectly that means u understood every word. If u can't take me abusing the ellipsis' to break up my statements then i'm sry. i'll glady put the time in to write a bit more "legible" so u can understand me. I just thought wat u said about jman wasn't true at all. If u were around him when he talked about GA 3rd place all of us nyc pooped on him saying things like... "oh its ur first big oos placing gj but its just one chill out". I told him he has to prove himself more to everyone for respect one good placing oos doesn't do it. but the mass maddness tournies twice and the CT tournies as well as any nyc events... WE just can't knock him anymore so u guys shouldn't either ... unless he states himself as the best in the world or sumthing extreme ... then believe me i will slap him myself lol.

ANYWAY YA canadians should come to an anmc event =] i would love to get some new matches in with u guys especially since u've gotten better cuz u have =]

also cactuar ... jesus was the one that posted "can u teach me math" ... he meant to write marth ... cuz i was like "dam son when u went to GA u was in a hyperbolic time chamber and trained for like 15 straight hours with like the best player m2k, one of the best foxes/players cactus, vidjo one of the best peach players, eggm beast a$$ falco, DJN beast low tiers" like WOW ... LUCKY lil GREMLIN LOL

tec0 never wants to play with swat =[

Top Bottom