• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
wow

i thought this was

the jiggly boards

when i saw how everyone typed

lol

and jfox this thread *****

jman *****

and jman, raynex never really flamed you or anything lol

raynex *****

lets all be friends instead <3

btw jman

uthrow uair on peach combos @ 60/70ish, tested it in training mode

they might be able to get out w/ di tho, not 100% sure

i never got consecutive hits w/ DI :(

but i might just be timing it wrong

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
unrelated to what everyone is speaking about now but:
When you guys shffl an arial (or fulljump an arial or whatever)->shine do you keep holding down from the fast fall or do you press down for the fast fall, neutralize it and the press down+b?

Shinku

Smash Champion
whats the best strategy against a jiggs with fox?

like i beat chillins marth with my fox and then he went jiggs and camp and gimp/rest kill. ***** me in 40 seconds. >=\

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Neutralize is better i think, it's more consistent. if you're jumping around doing arials on levels w/ uneven terrain it can mess up your timing (since you need to keep holding down until you've landed)
I have the habit of holding down if I plan on shining, which often DOES mess up my timing when I l cancel stuff->shine (but i never mess it up when I l cancel->something else >.>)

my left thumd so slow low *practices moar*

on puff: yhea laser camp, dd camp alot and for oppurtunity for uthrow->uair. Play careful and campy. If she touches you she can **** your *** off (0-death edgeguards, rest combos...) so don't let her touch you

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Or you can play the Jiggs match-up like I do.

DD in close range and look for lag. Play a pressure game and abuse the fact that you can do crazy damage if you get in. I'm not patient enough to camp for 4 stocks. Force bairs in through her defense and usmash when they get impatient a pound. When you keep poking in single or double hits, Jiggs players get frustrated.

Most Jiggs have bad d.i. anyways, and that really helps your combos. Plus, aggro vs. Jiggs is really fun. You have to not make a mistake though. If you do, the Jiggs will kill you.

idea

Smash Master
whats the best strategy against a jiggs with fox?

like i beat chillins marth with my fox and then he went jiggs and camp and gimp/rest kill. ***** me in 40 seconds. >=\
Laser.

Laser.

Laser.

Drill.

Grab.

Uthrow.

Uair.

^ yeah. in general, don't ever be close to a jigglypuff for very long, and be fast. miss no L-cancels. speedy foxes are hard to deal with...camping isn't that annoying for me, though...it's more the hit-and-run approach, combined with upthrow-upair, that really screws me over. but the lasers certainly help.

Or you can play the Jiggs match-up like I do.

DD in close range and look for lag. Play a pressure game and abuse the fact that you can do crazy damage if you get in. I'm not patient enough to camp for 4 stocks. Force bairs in through her defense and usmash when they get impatient a pound. When you keep poking in single or double hits, Jiggs players get frustrated.

Most Jiggs have bad d.i. anyways, and that really helps your combos. Plus, aggro vs. Jiggs is really fun. You have to not make a mistake though. If you do, the Jiggs will kill you.
yeah, my above post was before i read this, and he said basically the same things. i wasn't aware most jiggs have bad DI...she's probably the easiest character to DI with =P

Alukard

Smash Hero
hey jman are u going to start teaming with mista aziz again and be really beastly ?

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Raynex-you're right, you can play aggro vs jiggs aswell. That set you had vs. hbox @ event 52 was really nice

Now, let us all worship the broken amazingness of fox's overpowered utilt
properties of the utilt:
-comes out fast
-almost no lag
-high priority
-good range (for fox). Seriously look at it's hitbox O.o
-amazing comboability (at pretty much any %)
-very powerful for a tilt (in PAL, the ko power difference between usmash and utilt is only about 15% :O [usmash is weaker in PAL])

why is this move so amazing?

Falcinho

Smash Ace
It was one of his first dance moves.
before he learnt waveshineturaround- and multishinestuff

YES, Fox is a dancer.

dsmash sucks tho

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Guys I have a few questions:

I've heard that it's possible to combo waveshine->shffl uair (it says so in CK's fox guide iirc)... but I can't seem to do it and having it register as a combo (in training mode). IS IT possible to do this fast enough to combo? Do you have to hit with both hits for it to work? (i cant seem to connect with both hits on a standing opponent, just the second one, idk why :/)

this would be really cool to be able to do consistently, it can be a really good way of starting a combo .
especially on chars who you can't combo from grabs and slide to far for waveshine->turnaround utilt (like the marios and samus)

Also:
A common type of combo these days with fox when your opponent is high up in the air (after a uthrow, uair, usmash, utilt, you name it) is something like.... Full jump reverse Bair->utilt->Fulljump Nair->fulljump reverse bair etc...

The question is: when is Bair preferable to Nair and vice versa? What are the differences?
(As it is now I just use Nair if they're in position for such a combo, and since both are used I must be missing something out lol...>.>)

thanks for any input

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
uair situation:

I think that if you cut the wavedash length while you're waveshining - you'll have more time to hit him with the uair. When people do waveshines they are usually long and drawn out, for the purposes of grabbing or usmash at close range. Make it a small WD and you'll have less lag, and you can dash SH and uair probably before your opponent is out of the shine hitstun.

I'm assuming this only works on the characters with relatively high traction. Characters like Mario and Ness would slide too far after you shine so your shortened WD wouldn't help much. I think it could work on Falcon, Ganon, Yoshi, Peach, Link, Bowser, Zelda, Sheik... Just guessing though.

On the topic of full hop nair vs. bair:

The only real difference is that bair is faster. If you full hop FF a bair it autocancels, you have zero lag, and you can follow up without having to l-cancel or anything. Nair is good because it has more range in front of Fox, and will sometimes work wheras bair will flat out miss. For the purpose of combo-ing, I'd suggest nair unless you are close enough for the bair.

Top Bottom